Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #41
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Just211, the pistons shoot more jumpers than the mavs.
Chauncey-jumpshooter
Rip-jumpshooter
Prince-jumpshooter
Sheed- Jumpshooter who isnt close to as good at it as dirk is.
Ben-his offense is roughly the same as diops
Both Prince and Rasheed can post up. Billups is capable of posting up smaller guards but chooses not to most of the time. Even if Detroit is a jump shooting team they make up for it by playing hardnosed defense. Something the mavs do occasionally.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Why do supposed mavs fans try so hard to make excuses for other teams. Dirk CAN post and he posts more than sheed does. Josh can post(alot better than prince). Quis can post. Damp is actually pretty effective in the post. This had to do with whether or not they did. Not to mention that the pistons d hasnt been very piston like this year(the mavs give up a lower fg% against).
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spurs-Mavs trip report

Spurs-Mavs Trip::

Woo Hoo!!

So we took off to the Spurs-Mavs friday morning. We were pretty hyped up, stoped in Austin at a friends and took in some wine.

Got to the ATT center at around 6:00 for the 7:00 game. The ATT center was in the city. It sort of reminded me of the Cowboys Stadium in that all of the parking was connected to the stadium and it was in lots. There wasn't street parkiing or anything close to the Arena.

As we were walking along it was great to see so many Mavs fans. There were a bunch of guys who were tailgating who had a drum and were very,very loud and boisterous. It was great.

The Arena only opens up 1 hour before the game (pretty silly) and there was a very long line. So we were all serenaded with Let's Go Mavs while we waited for the gates to open.

I would say that maybe 5% of the total crowd were mavs fans, 20% of the crowd waiting in line so that was a boisterous bunch. Face-painters, body-painters etc.

The ATT center itself is pretty nice, they had a little better concessions (some fast food joints, a bar for the normal folks and some sit down eating areas) than the AAC I thought.
Inside it looked quite a bit like the AAC except for the lack of a second set of platinum seats. The acoustics were horrible and I'm not sure if that contributed to the volume but it did seem plenty loud. You couldn't hear much of the PA at all because of the acoustics. They had the bangers on every seat, so unless they do that every game, it was certainly treated like a big one.

The Spurs fans were really good and loud an supported their team well. They seemed to take cues about certain chants the constant drumbeats that were piped over the PA.

There were quite a few Mavs signs, MVP's for dirk etc all over.

After we kicked their butt and walked out of course more and more and more Mavs chants were heard. Then you could hear the sorta pathetic retorts about past glories meaning more than tonights game. It was true greatness.

After that it was down to the riverwalk for much booze. The place was alive with Mavs fans, it seemed the Spurs didn't want to come play that night. Also quite a few locals it seemed were Mavs fans as well, not dressed up in mavs gear but hollering go mavs. It was quite a college atmosphere it seemed to me. Everywhere you went there were mavs fans, in the bars, on the riverwalk, on the streets above the riverwalk. Really a nice place to go see a game. I reccommend it highly.

So after 2-3 bars we wound up at Hooters late (12ish I guess?). The only folks there mavs fans. They'd taken over the joint. We stayed there watching sportscenter, boozing it up and yelling up the mavs.

Next day it's wake-up, go pay my respects to the Alamo, back in the car for last nights game against the Hornets. Everyone was feeling great, the team the fans, everyone. Heck of a mavs weekend all-in-all.

Joe bob says check-it-out.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote