Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough
Default Phil Jackson Giving Mavs Props

I found this in SI's rumors:

It's rare for coaches to say who they'd rather face in the playoffs, but Phil Jackson did just that. "We played the best against Dallas," he said. "I think they're the best team, but we have played the best [against them], and that was early in the season." The Lakers, who have not officially clinched a playoff spot, finished 2-1 against Dallas, 1-3 against San Antonio and are 0-3 against Phoenix with a game left against the Suns.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

That's a hell of a backhanded compliment but that's usually what Phil Jackson gives you.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

I guess you take what you can get. He is telling the truth.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I'd be so excited to play the Mavs in the playoffs if I were a Lakers' fan.

Wait... if I'm a Lakers' fan, I'd shoot myself.

Last edited by TripleDipping; 04-10-2006 at 02:46 PM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Oooooh! If only Phil Jackson said we were good, we would really be good. Please like us Phil, please, please.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

"Phil Jackson is my bucket boy"

words from Mark Cuban on blogmaverick.com
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Exactly Dtown...bring it on Zen man.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Screw Phil Jackson up the pie hole.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #9
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Phil Jackson sucks. He totally turned me off during that game where we were beating the crap out of his team and he acted like 5 year old child throwing a tantrum ignoring the officials after a time out. That was the most pathetic behavior I have ever seen displayed by a coach of a professional sports team. He and Kobe are the perfect, pathetic cry baby pair.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I respect Phil Jackson for continuing the important NBA tradition established by Michael Jordan of berating and humiliating Kwame Brown. That needs to continue no matter what team he ends up on.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Phil Jackson can suck my sweaty nut sack.

so can his girlfriend

Last edited by Just211; 04-11-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Just211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

^^^ Too much info?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
^^^ Too much info?

Yep.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #14
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211

so can his girlfriend

I wish I would have missed this as well...
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I don't listen to bucket boys

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211

so can his girlfriend

hahahah! yes thats awesome! good work
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote