Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-17-2002, 02:03 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link

Posted on Sat, Feb. 16, 2002
Jackson adds 5 teams to trade wish list

Warriors center Marc Jackson has given General Manager Garry St. Jean a list of five more teams to which he would be willing to accept a trade, a team source said.

Jackson, whom the Warriors are attempting to deal, has told the Warriors he now would accept a trade to Utah, Minnesota, Dallas, New York and Seattle. Already on his list are Orlando, Memphis, Indiana and Phoenix.

On Oct. 19, the Warriors matched the Houston Rockets' six-year, $24.375 million offer sheet, meaning they retained Jackson's services. At the time, St. Jean said the team matched the offer sheet because it didn't want to give up an ``asset'' for nothing. Under rules of the collective bargaining agreement, the Warriors had to wait 90 days -- which expired Jan. 19 -- before they could trade Jackson.

Jackson has the right to veto any trade the Warriors make for him until Oct. 19, the one-year anniversary of the date he signed his contract with the Warriors. The NBA's trading deadline is Thursday.

Jackson, who missed Friday's game against San Antonio because of the flu, hasn't been talking to reporters recently and refused to comment. St. Jean also wouldn't comment. Jackson has not played in 13 consecutive games.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

he's hardly played at all this year, i'd much rather save my $$$ and sign a veteran FA or trade for Oakley, Ben Wallace, etc.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
mick

mick is on a distinguished road

I may be wrong, but I think the problem we will have signing FA next year, other than or own, is that we are way above the cap.

The only way we get better is through trades, and we lack many tradable pieces with salary. After Nash, Finley, Howard, Bradley, Dirk, none of the others have much salary to put together a meaningful trade.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:05 AM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Well, we can still sign a veteran for the vet minimum, or use our exception.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 09:10 AM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Still get the mid-level and the million dollare exceptions. Plus veteran minimum players.

So that is at least a couple of players right there.

Of course, there is the problem of chasing Duncan, which would all but prohibit using either exception.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 09:50 AM   #6
mick

Madape and Dooby,

Exactly. Which means more types like Manning, Newman, etc.

Why would we need more like them? They are good players for their age, but we don't need to get older. We need to get younger and more athletic. Plus, bringing in more vets further restricts development of our younger players, including this year's pick if we keep it.

So, the only way we are going to improve over next 1 1/2 years is via trade. I don't advocate trading for the sake of trading. Only if we will improve the team.

Since Wang is a FA next year and we don't know if he will even be in US next year because of Chinese Army, how about trying to do a package including Wang before trade deadline and go after someone who will figure in the plans for next few years? Wang's salary is not that high, so others would have to be involved.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:39 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Mick. Exactly right. Of course by bringing up the Wang dilema, you have to bring up the Najera delemna as well. Because the problem is exactly the same.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:45 PM   #8
mick

This difference with Najera is he is able to make his own decisions, and not do what Chinese gov't tells him to do. Najera can be re-signed if Cuban wants him.

How about a Wang-based package, our 1 rounder (Buckner because he's also FA next year and would come off their cap) to Clipps for Kandi? Kandi is a RFA next year. Besides, the large Chinese-American population in LA would be a natural marketing advantage for Clipps.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:16 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

In case anyone didn't know - I was being sarcastic. I really don't want Jackson on this team

I need to start using the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote