Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Game winning shot...who?
Dirk Nowitzki 44 86.27%
Lebron James 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
janbronx

janbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nicejanbronx is just really nice
Default Game winning shot...who?

You're a NBA coach and you have Dirk Nowitzki and Lebron James on your team...
4 seconds left on the game and your team is down by 1 point....Who do you want to get the ball for the game winning shot?
janbronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

lebron because he would probably bitch about not getting the final shot if you didn't let him have it. dirk wouldn't care either way. of course have it set up for lebron but if he can't find a shot or gets doubled give him the option to pass to an open dirk.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

also in the poll you should edit "leron" to lebron, if he gets on here and sees that he might not come and it would be all your fault
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk.

I'm assuming this is a what-if scenario that Bron Bron comes here?

Its going to be dictated by whose had the better games and whose made more shots, and I'm sure the play will have the option of either LeBron or Dirk getting the shot. Pick and roll, pick and pop...its going to be a two man game on one side or the other.

But if I'm allowed to choose? Give me Dirk. He's had far more than LeBron, he's proven time and time again that he's clutch. LeBron? He's had a few, but he can't match Dirk. The stats show Dirk is just incredibly clutch. Have you seen his 4th quarter FT%? Go look up on youtube "Dirk clutch"...what do you see? Clutch three pointer, clutch shot, Dirk Nowitzki being clutch, on and on and on.

Give me Dirk.

Oh, and LeBron ain't going to be bitching when Dirk's shot goes in.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Lebron..easy answer.he's the best in the game and with his penetrating ability...would most likely get fouled for a 3 point play!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Does game winning shot encompass the act of driving to the basketball and attempting to draw a foul? If so, I'd go with LeBron with an assist by the whistles.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'll say Dirk, because I have no idea who Leron James is.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this thread. It must be summer time in the NBA...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

Yeah I like this answer. Now where did I put my tin foil hat........
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ding-ding-ding

(I wonder if he means old Bruce Leroy Green? Well, I don't know anyone named Leron, but old Bruce lives out beyond the Dune Sea...)

(what, did I cross too many references?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-04-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #11
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

James drives into the paint and kicks it to a spotting up Dirk for the open jumper.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

depends whos reffing
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
depends whos reffing
FTW!

Dirk has hit more gamewinners I believe. It depends on the situation. I'd say 60-40 Dirk to LBJ. But if you have them both, you wouldn't need many gamewinners.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

LeBron is one of the most overrated offensive players ever. His offensive game is really limited. His go to moves under pressure are running full steam into the pile hoping for the bailout call and the pull up 3. That´s about it. He gets by with freakish atleticism. And I´m not saying he´s a bad player, but as strange as it sounds I think LeBron is the ultimate second banana in the league right now, replacing KG. If you pair LeBron with a Killer you have an almost unbeatable team.

While it seams that LeBron is still young I expect him to decline pretty early. Guys like MJ or Kobe have so much offensive skills that they made the transition pretty easily when their bodys started to decline. Same goes for Dirk.

As for the question on hand, and leaving refs out of the picture, Dirk by a mile, it´s not close.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-04-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

VOTE FOR LERON!!!!!! He has good

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What?

Next your (<--- See what I did there?) going to tell me you have no idea who Kobe Byant is.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #17
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Leron? He's in that new Bick Mick commercial for McDowell's.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:20 AM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk but i say James if the clock is 10+, HC and refs were nice/ok so far.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #19
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
What?

Next your (<--- See what I did there?) going to tell me you have no idea who Kobe Byant is.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #20
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Michael Finley
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Who ever is open?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #22
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC View Post
Who ever is open?
Shawn Marion for three!!!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #23
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

hahahhaha Shawn Marion he can't shot.Only Dirk.Because he can shot from distance or drive to the basket.Nowitzki has perfect shot and good drive.
The answer is easy only Dirk Nowitzki!!!
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk, because LeBron would be able to get him a wide open shot.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grammurr phaill, shot or shoot?...hmmm