Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I will never use AAirlines again if at all possible

Wow, I was scheduled to fly out of town tomorrow.. Well, work circumstances changed my plans ..so I needed to change my flight to Friday. I called American Airlines to see about changing it. I expected a change fee and to pay the difference in price between the two flights. I looked up the flights just to see what the difference was. It was about $200 difference. So, I speak with American Airlines. They tell me about the change fee and then they tell me how much the difference in cost between the two flights would be. It is $1100 dollars difference in price of flight (not counting change fee) to move it from Thursday to Friday. $1100 bucks. I told them "I'm looking at your website right now, and I can see that the difference in price between the two is listed at $200. Why am I being charged $1100 for this?" Her response "It's a re-booking fee on top as well." So it cost you $900 bucks to re-book my flight from tomorrow to Friday?

I never could get a straight answer. However, I will not use them again if at all possible. There's a reason why that abysmal company is in such financial ruin.

Burn in hell American Airlines.. burn in hell.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Plus they sponsor the Heat's arena!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

That's very strange. I sell airline tickets and if you can get the price online, you should definitely be able to just take your credit from the previous flight you bought and apply it to the new ticket (obviously the penalty still stands). That's very strange.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I don't understand what happened there. I used to re-book flights for my boss all the time, & our travel agents could see the same AA rates I saw. That experience would infuriate me too. It's not nearly as great as Southwest when it comes to changing flights.

Not that AA doesn't deserve ire for plenty of other reasons!

I saw a video "tour" of the new planes coming out = reason for bankruptcy.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I know alot of people that work for American. There's alot of reasons for their bankruptcy. I know mechanics that would literally watch 2-3 movies during their shifts on a routine basis a few years back.

I understand that the reason why the flights were more expensive was because they were getting close to being full. And yeah, they obviously want to squeeze every last penny out of someone that's changing their flight as they possibly can. But it was just cheaper for me to cancel the flight and book it with Southwest... such a better company. I'll have a credit with American Airlines.. so I suppose I'll fly with them one more time just to use up the credit.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote