Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
twosauce

twosauce can only hope to improve
Default OT: Lebron James

Is it just me or is this guy completely being a bitch and treating the Cleveland Cavaliers like s#%t? I mean, they brought him into the league, and are paying him millions of dollars and advertising him as the best there ever was. All, so that he can take a huge dump on them in 2010 and sign with the Knicks. I mean, he has already planned on wearing shoes that are dedicated to New York tonight when they host the Cavs. I just think this guy is a total ass bag. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-25-2008 at 01:02 PM.
twosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

"Cash Rules Everything Around Me, C.R.E.A.M./Get the money; dollar, dollar bill, y'all." -Method Man

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

At least he wouldn't start a thread about himself in the Mavs part of the forum.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

technically isn't this ON topic now?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Now that it got moved.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that's what I mean

and this thread is dumb. There's not really a single good reason I can think of for LeBron staying in Cleveland. This is a business.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Lebron is the soul of that team. Didn't that sentence seem a bit obvious? You don't even need to say it, without him, the Cavs are garbage. They have made clear attempts to improve the team, it's just not enough... he's leaving.

I'm more sympathetic with the Raptors. Hopefully they can resign Bosh, I really enjoy watching that team.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
fluid.forty.one

It just hit me how much of a LeBron hangover Cleveland fans are going to have... that's gonna be rough lol
Old 11-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I love how people always argue that players like Kobe, LeBron and even Dirk never get enough help. Thats such BS. Kobe has had help for several years and just cant get it done, although he came close last year. LeBron has help...the team just cant get it done. Dirk has had help all these years and at least we have been battling for the last 4 or 5 years. LeBron missed the playoffs twice in the east. You cant always have all all starts on the team. They all have enough help.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
fluid.forty.one

Kobe has help. LeBron does not.

Kobe's supporting cast >>>>>>>>>>>> times infinity >>>> Lebron's Supporting cast.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
"Cash Rules Everything Around Me, C.R.E.A.M./Get the money; dollar, dollar bill, y'all." -Method Man
Maybe he´s jewish, too.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Kobe has help. LeBron does not.

Kobe's supporting cast >>>>>>>>>>>> times infinity >>>> Lebron's Supporting cast.
I agree that Kobe's cast is wayy better. BUT to say that LeBron doesnt have support is BS especially in the east. Does he have any less support then Bosh?? or Howard?? Its very easy to blame the supporting cast for the Stars failures...but they are the supporting cast for a reason.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #13
fluid.forty.one

I'd say that the Toronto and Orlando supporting casts are waaay better than Clevelands.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
I agree that Kobe's cast is wayy better. BUT to say that LeBron doesnt have support is BS especially in the east. Does he have any less support then Bosh?? or Howard?? Its very easy to blame the supporting cast for the Stars failures...but they are the supporting cast for a reason.
I would definitely take D12's supporting cast over Lebron's. Rashard & Hedo are already better than anyone Lebron has.

Also having a good PG in Calerdon makes other supporting cast better in Toronto.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosauce View Post
Is it just me or is this guy completely being a bitch and treating the Cleveland Cavaliers like s#%t? I mean, they brought him into the league, and are paying him millions of dollars and advertising him as the best there ever was. All, so that he can take a huge dump on them in 2010 and sign with the Knicks. I mean, he has already planned on wearing shoes that are dedicated to New York tonight when they host the Cavs. I just think this guy is a total ass bag. What do you guys think?
Isn't he from there? Wasn't he caught wearing a Yankee hat at an Indians-Yankees playoff game once?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If Lebron leaves it's really their own fault. They've had plenty of time to build a competitive team around Lebron but simply haven't done it.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^Probably because they had to pay him so much.

Mo Williams and a winning record would be reason enough to resign. If he's set on going to NY then it's for someother reason aside from winning. They are doing fine now and can make some noise with who they have.

IMO He's the best player to ever play the game already, the only way to change the future is for him to die before he's 30. He will shatter records and there will be no question who is the best ever if he is healthy and lucky enough to finish his career normally! All I know is that he won't be in Dallas unless were playing against him..
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

...looks like we have selective moderation again...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #19
twosauce

twosauce can only hope to improve

Im jusat saying that they have given him soo much to work with, and hes throwing it back in their face. i dunno, he just seems like a total ass bag.
twosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #20
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

They haven't given him enough, good players should want to play with the king.

And besides... Lebron restoring glory to the disasterously horrorific Knicks franchise would be like an epic legacy. I can't see a better way to be remembered than bringing NY basketball back from the dead in his era.

Last edited by Tokey41; 11-25-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
If Lebron leaves it's really their own fault. They've had plenty of time to build a competitive team around Lebron but simply haven't done it.
quoted b/c it's THE TRUTH.
If I'm the Cleveland FO, what am I doing? I'm either crying b/c in 2 years I'm screwed or I'm frantically finding ways to get this team better quick and keep Lebron as happy as I can possibly make him.

I think he's gone in 2 years.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
^Probably because they had to pay him so much.
Bingo!

LeBron will never win a ring because he's priced himself out of a supporting cast (like most of the top-paid players in the league...)

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #23
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Bingo!

LeBron will never win a ring because he's priced himself out of a supporting cast (like most of the top-paid players in the league...)
another reason why Duncan is such a stud..
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #24
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Apparently New York will have enough money under the cap to support two maximum salary contracts for the free agent market of 2010. Sign Lebron and either Bosh or Wade, build around them, and then you are basically set. New York only has 4 contracts going into 2010 at the moment, and basically have 2 years to get rid of them....
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #25
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If NY can actually get two. Lebron and Bosh sounds like a nice foundation for years to come.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #26
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If NY can actually get two. Lebron and Bosh sounds like a nice foundation for years to come.
That's almost too good. Do you know how many good vets would sign onto that team for cheap just so they can get a ring or two.

It would be like Boston except even more dominant and they'll last a whole lot longer than KG/Allen/Pierce.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

Yeah...but I mean, if you CAN get two: why not swing for the fences?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #28
fluid.forty.one

oh I agree, it would be the best thing to ever happen to the Knicks. I just hope it doesn't happen
Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #29
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

OP:

it's just you

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #30
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosauce View Post
The shoes were dedicated to the Knicks? Are you just saying this because they are orange? I thought they were just his new brand of shoes.

Anyway, he's not the only potential big FA who hasn't made up his mind. He's just getting the most attention. Furthermore, I hope this total ass bag signs with Dallas.

Last edited by Caseman; 11-26-2008 at 06:12 AM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

I think he said they were a one-time deal for the shoes and it was for his appreciation of NY, one of his favorite cities. It's like how he wore his shoes, but in pinstripes style when they played NY last year.

And I think the shoes were supposed to come off as Candy Apple Red.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #32
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I actually (sort of) agree with the OP here, at least in principle. This is a business, and there is nothing wrong with LBJ going wherever he wants in 2010. But he is under contract with the Cavs still, and some of the things he said in this post-game last night were really sort of inappropriate. He has fans (including kids) in Cleveland who absolutely adore him, and he needs to save his love for the Knicks fans until he's a free agent.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-26-2008 at 01:16 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dude kings james is legit.

Last edited by MavsX; 11-26-2008 at 02:30 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #34
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Sources: Knicks favored landing spot for LeBron

LeBron James' future will be debated and analyzed for the next 20 months. There are already whispers that the Knicks are the early leaders to land the potential free-agent-to-be in 2010. One person who may have intimate knowledge about LeBron's next move is William Wesley, a close friend and adviser to the Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star. Wesley is regarded as a powerful insider among the NBA's top players and executives, with connections to everyone from Michael Jordan to James. When asked during Wednesday's Knicks-Pistons game at Auburn Hills if he feels the Knicks are the favorite to sign LeBron in two years, Wesley smiled and said: "Barack Obama could use Donnie Walsh to clear salary-cap space for the country."

(s.i.)
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #35
Underdog

LeBron James is a douche - Cavs fans should start booing him at games...

(tell me you wouldn't be pissed if Dirk spent the next couple seasons talking about playing for the Spurs or Lakers once his contract is up!)

Last edited by Underdog; 11-28-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to avoid the topic though since there is a 0% chance of him staying in Cleveland. The most coveted FA in a long, long time will be news until he signs somewhere else. You can't exactly fault Lebron for being asked the same question by every interviewer during every interview.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #37
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You can't exactly fault Lebron for being asked the same question by every interviewer during every interview.
But you can fault him for answering it...

Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #38
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

He's an athlete who likes the spotlight...what's new?
Old 11-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #39
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Business is business.... but he is an assbag for talking about it when it's still TWO YEARS AWAY.

shhhhheeeeesh