Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
every argument ive made, you've replied with the same ones right back...

what are you trying to say?
He obviously doesn't think a 61 win team that doesn't make it past the first round needs to look at itself in the mirror. Looks like he'd rather not "look in the mirror", but go the "underdog" route. Such a fitting member name.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

I agree that "61 win teams who don't make it past the first round should really look at themselves in the mirror".
But I take it is a matter of course that this team did so.
Just because they haven't made any moves that fans or the media thought were big enough doesn't mean the organization didn't do a self-evaluation.
They must think they stand a good chance to win with what they have now. They might be wrong about that, it's true. But it's not impossible that they're right.

To anyone who thinks that the Mavs should have made more or bigger moves this offseason to address deficiencies than they did:

What would be a measure of Mavs success this season that would lead you to reevaluate your postion and say "huh. Maybe they were right to keep the team intact?" Is a title the only thing that would make you think that? What if the Mavs lose in 7 in the Western Conference Finals this season? Are you still going to maintain that they should have made a major change this past offseason? 61-teams that lose int he first round of the playoffs do indeed need to look at themselves in the mirror. But they also have more to lose by blowing up the team than do 45 win teams that just barely made the playoffs. Making major changes is a risk when you have a 61-win team, and even if you do think it best to break it up to try to improve, you don't want to throw away what makes the team already quite good.

Last edited by DevinFuture; 09-13-2007 at 11:12 AM.
DevinFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Less You.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

You too...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

This is an awesome thread... I have nothing to add to it but I wanted to be in it...
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The NBA was a different league in the 80s-early 90s.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Getting beat by Golden State is like getting raped. It's inevitable. So quit complaining and sit back and enjoy it.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
Getting beat by Golden State is like getting raped. It's inevitable. So quit complaining and sit back and enjoy it.
like a Darth Ape post.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
like a Darth Ape post.
You said it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol "The Jordan Rule" isn't referring to special calls made for jordan, it's a set of defensive strategies the Pistons used against him.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the mavericks don't have a bill lambier or dennis rodman or one of the best defensive guards of all time, joe dumars... totally different teams

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote