Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Euro 2008

who's going to be watchin this
who are you cheering for?

I want France or Portugal

sidenote*
Have you guys read about Ronaldo joining Real Madrid?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

The Vans from Holland. Underdogs in the group of death. Ronaldo=Kobe, awesome, but hard to root for.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Ronaldo hard to root for?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
who's going to be watchin this
who are you cheering for?

I want France or Portugal

sidenote*
Have you guys read about Ronaldo joining Real Madrid?
What is it, a financial show?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Hate Ronaldo. Such a wimpy flopper. I could never root for Italy, Portugal and any other team that has a reputation of hosting divers.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Portugal is known for their flopfest a la the San Antonio Spurs.

Germany looks dominant.
Henry is doutbtful for France's opening game tomorrow.

Contact Me
Old 06-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

He is an asshole, but you can't deny his skills. I see what you mean.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

No idea~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Wow, Italy got pounded today. I watched the end of the first half and the beginning of the 2nd and the Netherlands were picking Italy's defense apart at will. I watched about 30 minutes of gameplay, and in that span I counted 3 clear chances on goal by the Netherlands, including a breakaway, 1-on-1 which Van Nistelrooy somehow found a way to kick it right into Buffon's foot, who deflected it. He doesn't usually miss those.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
No idea~~~
I´m Savovic shocked.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The Netherlands did look good today but in the end they will fall apart like they allmost allways do. I´m glad Italy lost. I hope they don´t make it to the quarters.

I´m german so of course I´m biased but I think our team did look pretty good yesterday. Only the left defender Jansen had an off day at the defensive end which gave Poland a couple opportunities. Our midfield is pretty strong and Klose, Gomez, Poldi played well together on the attack.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-09-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Netherlands will probably be my bandwagon team. Plus, they wear orange jerseys, such a kickass color.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #13
bernardos70
Diamond Member

The clockwork orange!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:56 AM   #14
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I'm watching and recording these games and I am hoping to see "Les Bleus" rise up above recent performances.

Yesterday was a bit shaky and they are at a MUST win against Italy in order to advance.

The other intrigue is the Group of Death.

Holland, France, Italy and Romania...I believe that these are 4 of the top 12 teams in the world and all are in one bracket.

It's very likely that the winner or runner up of this tournament will come out of this group!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Group of Death? That's a pretty intimidating nickname for a sport like basketball:

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Oklahoma City Group of Death

See what I mean?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 AM   #16
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I'll be rooting for Van Nistelrooy and Sneijder and the rest of the Dutch. And Espanya too.

And Ronaldo joining Real is still in the works. May happen, may not. Been a diehard Real fan since I could remember. Madrid!!! (Clap Clap Clap) Madrid!!! (Clap Clap Clap)

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 06-10-2008 at 10:53 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #17
alby
Guru

What about Drogba to Milan... and Ronaldinho moving too

a lot of movement between the world's top players coming up

Contact Me
Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #18
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Dude, where do you get your info?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #19
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Dude, where do you get your info?
Check tribalfootball.com. They have crap loads of rumors, but most are just that, CRAP. Fun to read though if you like footy.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #20
alby
Guru

Well, Drogba, Ronaldo, and Ronaldinho have been pretty big news in the last few days--not rumors. They are legit, Chelsea has allowed Milan to talk to Drogba, MANU has allowed Real to talk to Ronaldo, and Ronaldinho and Barca haven't been on the same page for the last year...

Contact Me
Old 06-11-2008, 02:35 AM   #21
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

I knew about Ronaldinho's stat with Barca, but I didn't know that ManU has allowed Real to talk to Cristiano. Would be sweet if they were to agree on a deal. Real and Ronaldo? Dang! 09 UEFA Champions League here we come.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Why is Ronaldo hard to root for?
Arrogant, selfish and unintelligent, but a good player...like K***
Old 06-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #23
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Arrogant? Yes.

Selfish? Sometimes.

Unintelligent? ???

Old 06-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #24
alby
Guru

he's an amazing soccer player, and he's only 23--

his game has a lot more substance now than a few years ago when it was just flash

if he goes to real, i will begin to like him =p

<-- manu hater

Contact Me
Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #25
Flip41

He is still a diver. Divers are Wankers.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

He does draw a lot of contact, it's like in basketball, sometimes you do have to sell a call. And yes, the players I like really are the more effective ones. Sure, it's fun to watch Ronaldinho....... but Kaká gets a lot more done, more discretely, and helps his team more.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #27
alby
Guru

I like Kaka.

The Portugeese are divers in general.

Do you guys remember Figo in his prime? Oh man, he's the equivalence to Manu Ginobili.

Contact Me
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #28
bernardos70
Diamond Member

The thing is, there's some players that aren't as physically gifted as others. Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't look like he's very strong, he's somewhat wiry, if you know what I mean. It's not difficult to dislodge him or knock him off balance, so he has to sell the call because he indeed was dislodged. Kaká is very strong, so he can take contact and keep going relatively unnaffected. I guess what I'm saying is I can understand why Cristiano Ronaldo would take more dives.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #29
Flip41

I am not talking about when he gets dislodged. He still goes down when he is not touched, or barely grazed, which is a dive. Also, currently Ronny is not a small player. He is very much a strong player when he wants to be. It seemed after the first Champions League Roma game when the the Roma players gave him quite a bit of stick for his antics, he toned down his antics quite a bit. He is getting more personable, but I still don't like him. I'm a Villa fan and Man U kick our asses every time we play them. Especially since the FA thinks it's funny to stick Villa with Man U in the 3rd round of the FA cup every year. So go to Madrid, you Portugeezer you.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 AM   #30
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

*Sigh*
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #31
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Croatia huh?

Good game tonight though (afternoon here )

The Netherlands vs. France.

Go Oranje!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #32
alby
Guru

Go France! =]

Italy has been on attack mode since the opening minute... but, through 40 minutes--it is still 0-0.

Contact Me
Old 06-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #33
alby
Guru

The Romanian goalkeeper has been nothing short of amazing.

Contact Me
Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #34
bernardos70
Diamond Member

At the end, it was Romania who could have won it..... just to miss a penalty kick. Wow. 1-1 final.

Next game in 20 minutes or so.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #35
alby
Guru

Podolski has an ankle injury and is doubtful for Germany's game, yikes.

Contact Me
Old 06-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #36
bernardos70
Diamond Member

And the Netherlands finish the first half winning 1-0, courtesy of a Kuyt header :P And how about Van Nistelrooy getting things going in the middlefield?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #37
bernardos70
Diamond Member

2-0! Wow, Netherland's attack, and counter-attack especially, have been lethal in these two games.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #38
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Wow, 4-1 and it could have been more. That last goal by Sneijder was quite something... So the Oranje is through to the next stage.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #39
Flip41

I knew the Vans would pull it together this time around. With their line up they should be putting up 3 goals a game or more. They are a little dodgey at the back, but their midfield and Van Nistelrooy at the top they should go far. They just needed a little seasoning, or the gumbo needed to simmer, or whatever Avery used to say.

Germany shouldn't have their heads down. That's a solid Croatian side w/ Kranjcar, Olic and Modric. They are being underestimated. They did take out England from qualifying for the tournament.

But yeah go Holland.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #40
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

The dutch are the benchmark so far.