Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #41
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Mark my words: The Netherlands ain't gonna make it. The look really good right now, but they won't cut it.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #42
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

peer into my crystal ball. imagine what I see...

VS.

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #43
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the netherlands on that netherlands girl.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:23 AM   #44
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Last four games I watched

Germany-Croatia 1-2

I think the Croatians are always a tough match-up cause of their pride and their hard play, which often borders on dirty and dangerous. But I give them credit for defending well. They didn't give the Germans much room to create plays and the Germans lacked effort and ideas. Too many high balls into the penalty area by the Germans for my taste, which didn't present much problems for the tall Croatian defenders. The second goal was an easy tip-in after a lucky bounce off the post, but again the German defenders where a step too slow.

Austria-Poland 1-1
Austria created a lot of chances during the first half, but wasted all of them. That's usually gonna hurt you in the end, and it almost did. The ref was very generous to give the penalty. I think even the Austrians were a bit surprised to get this gift.

The Germans should be the second team going to the next stage, but when they face Portugal then, that'll probably their last game of the tournament.

Italy-Romania 1-1

The 1-1 draw was a fair result for both, Italy and Romania. They had equal amounts of good chances and the Romanians didn't look like the weaker team at all. I am happy that Mutu didn't convert the penalty. That will make the Italy-France game much more exciting to watch. The Romanians might be as good as Italy and France, but I still prefer one of those two going through to the next round. You want to have some big names in the quarter finals besides the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain.

France-Netherlands 1-4

The France-Netherlands match was probably the best game so far and might become the best game of the whole tournament. Both sides were attacking and running, France more after conceding the first goal, and they created a lot of opportunities. The result could have been much different if France were awarded a penalty after a Dutch defender blocked the ball with is hand while falling down (tough call; the shot might have gone in otherwise) and if Henry made that lob over van der Sar. Is Henry getting old? He would have made that play 9 of 10 times in his Arsenal days. I think van der Sar is the best keeper of the tournament so far by a mile. He made some spectacular saves during the Italy game and now against France. Robben made a spectacular goal. With two defenders on him he managed to shoot the ball from a tight angle over the defenders and the keeper. That was not only a tough shot but also the game decider.

Italy and France look about the same right now. They might play to a draw and Romania could advance on three points. That would be shocker.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #45
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Tough desicion for the Netherlands: risk to break your rhythm and loose on purpose to make sure France and Italy go home?

Or play 100%, beat Romania and maybe face France or Italy again (especially the match against France could have just gone the other way around. Both teams really don´t have great defense).

Anyways I still think the Netherlands won´t make it in the end. The 1988 team was too good to choke it up, but usually they allways do, just like Spain or England. Therefore it´s pretty hard to pick a favourite right now, as the best teams so far (Portugese, Netherlands, Spain) aren´t exactly known to be winners who come through when it counts. The teams who have just the opposite reputation (Italy, Germany) haven´t looked real good as of yet.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #46
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

European women are so dreamy and hot. Thinking about them just makes me soo excited in the pants hahahaha

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #47
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What was the score of Germany x Austria?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:39 PM   #48
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Ha !

1-0 free kick Ballack

I´m german and i´m ashamed of this " team ". Sorry world.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #49
bernardos70
Diamond Member

So Germany is through then.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #50
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
So Germany is through then.
They are through, clinched rank two, with three crappy games. Next game is on thursday vs. Portugal in the quarterfinals and they will blow it.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-16-2008 at 05:44 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #51
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Ballack shines at last ;-)

absolutely confident *rofl*

Old 06-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #52
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

That´s just ridiculous. European championships used to be best tournament, better than world cup and copa libertadores, but i can´t remember having witnessed so much crappy games. It´s just a horror. Three lions are badly missed.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #53
SchumiWDC

SchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to all

Ballack's free kick was insane, but I still hate him. Anyway, Germany don't look good at all right now. Spain, Netherlands, and Portugal are the only teams that have played up to their standards. France and Italy have just been utter embarassments.
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #54
Novice#41
Golden Member

GermanDunk even if you're right...
calm down! and relax. you gotta live with it.

Last edited by Novice#41; 06-16-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #55
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

You can't be afraid of a team with a superstar like that:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ronaldo2.jpg (63.5 KB, 14 views)
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #56
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice#41
GermanDunk even if you're right...
calm down! and relax. you gotta live with it.

He, no problem with that. If they are ejected in two days - i don´t care. I´m so disappointed. I was looking forward to good soccer - GOOD SOCCER. What did i get ? Zero. I bought a 3/4 gallon of beer, cooled id down, sat down right in time, switched on the TV and...watched golf... If they continue to play such a crap the may f off and go to hell.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-17-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #57
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Go Turkey.....mann they pulled it out. If they go out then idk...who I am gonna root for. Maybe Portugal

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #58
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Wat ?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #59
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
That´s just ridiculous. European championships used to be best tournament, better than world cup and copa libertadores, but i can´t remember having witnessed so much crappy games. It´s just a horror. Three lions are badly missed.
Get used to it. You get that feeling because club teams have passed the national teams by far. It was different before the "Bosmann" case. When only a couple foreigners for each club team were allowed the national teams where the best teams around. Now teams like Chelsea, ManU, Barca or even Bayern would crush every national team. Club teams allways had the advantage of playing the whole year together but now they also have superior talent and club soccer has really evolved in the last ten years or so taking it to another level. Also players are usually tired at the end of the season (when the euros or wc begins).

Thus alot of champions league matches will display mutch better soccer than anything you´re going to see at the euros or world cup. So take it for what it is. Most of the time it won´t be top notch soccer but it can still be fun to match up with other countries.

Anyways Germany was pretty crappy so far but we are still a dangerous team. Anythings possible in the quarters.

Last edited by Fidel; 06-16-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #60
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

spain is going to run everyone off the field, i'd love to see them face portugal and/or the netherlands

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 AM   #61
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel
Now teams like Chelsea, ManU, Barca or Bayern would crush every national team.
Fixed

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #62
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The team I'm really rooting for is Turkey because I love watching underdogs with guts. Spain looks like the best team in the tourney right now but you can't sleep on the efficiency of Germany or the potential of Portugal.

Thursday's match between those two is going to be outstanding.

And if Italy or France get into the quarters I think they may finally snap out of it.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 06-17-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #63
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Looks like it'll be Italy advancing along with the Netherlands. The Oranje is winning 1-0, eliminating romania, and Italy's beating the French silly, 2-0.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #64
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Huntelaar is awesome.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #65
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Go Orange! Go Turkey! Your my 2 teams now!

..Spain and Croatia are my honerable mentions.

Last edited by Caseman; 06-17-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #66
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
Fixed
LOL

as a fan you allways have to believe...

They have the potential to be on that level. But the last couple years they sure were not. This years "Uber"team couldn´t even win a lowly (not alot of good teams in it) uefa cup.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #67
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Basketball superstar Dirk Nowitzki also knows his football. With the EURO 2008 just days away, bundesliga.de talks to the "German wunderkind".

Dirk on our eleven

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-19-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #68
bernardos70
Diamond Member

That link doesn't work, GD.

Today Germany can prove they can prove that first round was a fluke with all the bad play, or redeem themselves with a victory over Portugal.... I shall watch it.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #69
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

OK, working
Old 06-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #70
bernardos70
Diamond Member

There's not many soccer threads, but Guardiola said Ronaldinho, Eto'o, and Deco aren't part of his plans for Barcelona? And he'd rather build the team around Henry? Has he watched the Eurocup? Henry is slowly but surely losing it.... but Guardiola has lost it.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #71
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Good game
Old 06-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #72
bernardos70
Diamond Member

3-1! Ze Germans are winning going away on this one!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #73
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Germany should always play without the coach...

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #74
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

This really kicks ass !

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nuno Gomez again.

Go Deutschland !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-19-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #75
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

[I[/IMG]

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-20-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #76
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
This really kicks ass !

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nuno Gomez again.

Go Deutschland !
You must spread some reputation around, before giving it to FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN players (and one former) again.

"Talk to the claw."

Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #77
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
You must spread some reputation around, before giving it to FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN players (and one former) again.
Alot of the reputation should also go to Hitzelsperger and Rolfes. They played outstanding and nearly shut down the Portugese midfield especially their dangerous short pass game through the middle with Deco. Hopefully we´ll play the semifinal with the exact same team. I want no piece of Frings or Fritz. And Ballack is best in a more offensive role (as played today, though he still did work alot on defense).
Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #78
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
There's not many soccer threads, but Guardiola said Ronaldinho, Eto'o, and Deco aren't part of his plans for Barcelona? And he'd rather build the team around Henry? Has he watched the Eurocup? Henry is slowly but surely losing it.... but Guardiola has lost it.
No he´s perfectly sane IMO. Ronaldinho and Eto`o are saturated. They also are little divas, hard to coach and not really willing to work in training. Guardiola wants (and probably gets) players like Hleb or Adebayor which makes perfect sense if you want to rejuvenate Barcas trademake lightning fast offensive game.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #79
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

get ready for the azzurri and spain...thats goin to be one hell of a game

go liverpool!, babel is goin to have a break out season...never walk alone

Last edited by chosen_one8976; 06-19-2008 at 10:50 PM.
chosen_one8976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #80
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Well, we'll see this upcoming season. I hope he gets rid of the aforementioned players.... but mostly because I'm a Real Madrid fan :P