Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #441
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
can we get a pic?

Well I haven't received them quite yet. I just ordered them online via the early presale. I got my ALCS tickets in the mail before the ALDS was over, so I assume the same would happen this time too.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #442
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I can think of things more depressing than winning Game 2 though.
This is true.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #443
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Preston Hollow
Boy, that´s decadent. Luckly they don´t have much expenses on heating

Last edited by GermanDunk; 10-17-2010 at 01:34 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #444
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get into the presale lottery, so all I was able to accomplish today online was a single ticket to the first home game. I"ll be looking to pick up another single from somewhere.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #445
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

5-game series with Lee starting game 1 and 5, just like with Tampa.

Who goes after Lee considering Hunter got up yesterday? Still Hunter, or are they planning on going with Holland now? That Hunter/Holland game is just such an important one if Lee wins. That game will be the difference between a 5 game series becoming a 3 game series or a 2-0 lead in a 5 game series with NY having to beat CJ, Lewis, AND Lee back to back to back to keep us out of the World Series.

I will just focus on one game at a time just like our Rangers' do but man, I am so heart broken still that we couldn't be planning on facing NY up 3-0. It is what it is, and hell Lee still has to pitch like Lee and get us a 2-1 lead, but until he proves me wrong, that will absolutely happen. I believe in him wholeheartedly.

Go Rangers!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #446
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone help with this btw?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog?...26id%3d5695904
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #447
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Link

Quote:
As if life wasn't good enough for the Texas Rangers, it looks like outfielder Engel Beltre, the main return in the 2007 Eric Gagne trade, is turning the corner and establishing himself as a serious prospect after two largely lost years as a teenager in low- and high-A ball.

Beltre still doesn't have great plate discipline, but his swing and body have progressed nicely since last year and he has plus bat speed. He gets his weight back well and loads his hips, creating excellent rotation and leverage as he brings his weight forward with his swing. He loads his hands a little deep, almost (but not quite) barring his lead arm. He's an above-average runner with an above-average to plus arm and should be able to stay in center field.

As for Beltre's approach at the plate, he has shown in games so far that he can hit velocity and showed some ability to adjust to off-speed stuff. The plate discipline issue is more a lack of patience (perhaps the "I can hit everything" problem) than a lack of pitch recognition. That said, his 21 walks this season were a career high, and at 20 he's moving beyond the stage where we can hand-wave away a low walk total on the basis of his age. It's hard to be a solid-or-better regular in the big leagues with such a low walk rate; only one major leaguer had as many PA as Beltre did in 2010 (488) while drawing fewer walks (A.J. Pierzynski, with 15), and it's time for Beltre to be more selective about using his other offensive gifts.
Quote:
• Two Rangers farmhands had disappointing Fall League debuts on Friday. Eric Hurley, in his first game action in over two years, touched 91 in the first but was mostly 88-89, and his slider was flat at 81-83. His arm is very stiff and he was struggling to stay on top of the ball ... but he was Walter Johnson compared to Danny Gutierrez, who was 82-85 -- not a typo -- with no arm speed and a very restricted throwing motion. Gutierrez, who was suspended for unapproved use of Adderall but has a history of off-field issues dating back to his time in the Royals organization, is a non-prospect at this point unless his former low- to mid-90s velocity returns.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #448
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post

Who goes after Lee considering Hunter got up yesterday? Still Hunter, or are they planning on going with Holland now? That Hunter/Holland game is just such an important one if Lee wins. That game will be the difference between a 5 game series becoming a 3 game series or a 2-0 lead in a 5 game series with NY having to beat CJ, Lewis, AND Lee back to back to back to keep us out of the World Series.

I will just focus on one game at a time just like our Rangers' do but man, I am so heart broken still that we couldn't be planning on facing NY up 3-0. It is what it is, and hell Lee still has to pitch like Lee and get us a 2-1 lead, but until he proves me wrong, that will absolutely happen. I believe in him wholeheartedly.

Go Rangers!!!
Game 4 should be Hunter.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #449
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #450
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:

Go Rangers!!!
Hunter was up yesterday not to go into the game, but I think just to get in his side session. I think he was scheduled to do it anyway. Pitching in the bullpen at about 5 PM three days before he's scheduled to pitch might just be his regular routine.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #451
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I am so very, very pumped for tonight. How I would love to send an entire ballpark of NY fans home pouting...

Who the hell else is pumped? Come on Ranger fans, make some damn noise!!! Your team has a chance to be 2 games away from the World EFFING Series!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #452
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Did I mention I was pumped???
Old 10-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #453
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
I am so very, very pumped for tonight. How I would love to send an entire ballpark of NY fans home pouting...

Who the hell else is pumped? Come on Ranger fans, make some damn noise!!! Your team has a chance to be 2 games away from the World EFFING Series!

I am also pumped

We made those first 2 games look easy even tho we lost game 1...looked like the rangers hitters have made the necessary adjustments:

Elvis is on fire this post season with his aggressive base running
Nelly and Ian are in an offensive zone
Moreland plays wise beyond his rookie years
Murph has been a Yankee killer this season and post
Cliff Lee has almost been un-hittable

Lets see if any of this change at Yankee Stadium
Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #454
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Who the hell else is pumped? Come on Ranger fans, make some damn noise!!! Your team has a chance to be 2 games away from the World EFFING Series
Am I pumped? Hell yeah, I'm pumped. But I'm also wary. A 2-1 advantage would be sweet, but losing the game Cliff starts would be devastating.

Elvis has scored in the first inning in each of the last three games. I hope he does it again because Cliff is more vulnerable early in the game.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #455
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to feel the nervousness just a bit. I know that before game 1 of the Tampa series, I was a bit of a mess.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #456
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff will handle his business tonight.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #457
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

pumped but nervous too...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #458
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

1 hour

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #459
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Do your thing, Cliff!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #460
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Hambone!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #461
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Josh has got his groove back.... for sure.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #462
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Lee always struggles with location on his fastballs in the first inning... but he owned NYexeira.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #463
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff just gave up his first hit of the game, 5 innings in. That's decent.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #464
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

gardener gets on, but strikes out Jeter, ground out by Swisher and ground out by Texeira. nice!
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #465
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Lee at 98 pitches...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #466
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Lee at 109...I'm guessing he'll go for the 8th and Nefty closes.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #467
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

that's what it looks like - he was putting his cap back on to run out there
Old 10-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #468
Scoobay
Golden Member

wow, strikes out posada looking - pretty much down the middle it looked like - really froze him. his curveball really sets that up
Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #469
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

My blood pressure would like Lee to pitch the ninth inning. What's a few more pitches?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #470
sike
The Preacha

13k's...120 pitches

Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #471
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
My blood pressure would like Lee to pitch the ninth inning. What's a few more pitches?
as a rangers fan, there's something rather calming about having him on the mound isn't there? top of the lineup in the 9th
Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #472
LonghornDub

As much as it would comfort me, I really don't think we can send him back out there at 120. But hey, what do I know.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #473
Scoobay
Golden Member

agreed - don't wanna take any chances - if the bullpen can't get it done, we deserve to lose. however, hopefully we can get some insurance runs right here with Josh on with the leadoff double.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #474
Scoobay
Golden Member

a borbon sighting! good job vlad... double steal?

Last edited by Scoobay; 10-18-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #475
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

LOL Murphy gets respect against the yanks
Old 10-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #476
Scoobay
Golden Member

Bengie gets it done!!!! 4-0 woohoo
Old 10-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #477
Mav Addict
Golden Member

And it bit them in the ass...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #478
Scoobay
Golden Member

bengie first to third on MM's RBI single! 6-0 woohoo!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #479
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Moreland is good
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #480
Scoobay
Golden Member

elvis makes it seven! isn't it nice watching yankee fans walking out?