Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #241
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

"a quick example disproves your analysis. jamison shot 53.5% here in dallas and shot 45% in washington this season as the third option behind arenas and butler. prior to this season he's shot 44.2 and 43.7% respectively."

Just wanted to add my two cents here, Jamison didn't play this entire season as the number 3 guy. He actually played about 15 games as the number 1 guy another 10 games as a number 2 guy.
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #242
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
you add absolutely no value what so ever.
Hey, just because you are a Mod, dont think that you are a God Send here. I have found no value in your rebuttals yet to NY. As of matter of fact, I am tired of your shi**y remarks my way as well. Leave the personal stuff to the trolls.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #243
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
I think mental toughness is over-rated. How do you know a winning mentality? Because players that have it win. Who wins titles? Players with a winning mentality. It's circular reasoning.

I'm not saying that's all there is to it, but it's really easy to go overboard on mental toughness and a winning mindset. I mean, who considered Chauncey Billups a big-time winner until the Pistons won the title? Tim Duncan has all the characteristics people assign to "soft" players (not a vocal leader, misses free-throws in the clutch, etc.), but the guy just wins titles. If mental toughness could be predicted or quantified in some way other than after-the-fact judgments, I'd give it a little more credence.
^^^^solid

I'd say that mental toughness is not over-rated, but it is nigh on impossible for the fan to judge such an attribute.

Tags
dirk