Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts
Default Dirk is the problem with this team.

This team isn't built for succes with Dirk taking 12 shots a game and only scoring 15-20 points a game.

our team is made up role players and im tired of our "superstar" playing like a wuss.

right now he's the 3rd best player on this team.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i have a theory on that.

after last year's early collapse, i think avery doesn't trust him..hence him getting fewer minutes and less points. avery is trying to build this team to have multiple guys who make up for fewer minutes/points from dirk..hence Bass getting time, barea getting time, etc etc. he wants to make sure that if/when dirk doesn't perform, other guys have the ability to. that's my theory, anyway.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

I call him the 4th best player. Howard, Jet, Harris, then Dirk!!!! I am not being too serious on that, but I feel that way too many times.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well he's taking less shots/game that howard and only two more a game than jet so avery must think he's the third best at most.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
lanslort

lanslort is on a distinguished road

i guess avery johnson is building this team around josh howard
lanslort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanslort
i guess avery johnson is building this team around josh howard
If so he'd better find another one, because one doesn't play in the second half. Doesn't defend worth a crap or play offense.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, I love these "Dirk is the problem", "I hate Avery", "What is up with Stack?" posts that always pop up after a loss. Its like being drunk. Can we try to sleep these things off and sober up first? If we still feel that way in the morning, post away.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

dirk is being the biggest puss pop right now... drive in and attack, this bullsh!t of 15 ppg isnt going to cut it. I dont care how deep we are or how good josh is doing, dirk should still manage his 25-30 and 10 R per game.

and another thing that ticks me off is that josh decides to only play the 1st half... does he forget about the 3rd and 4th quarters? damn...

(frustrated)

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 12-05-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Gosh, I love these "Dirk is the problem", "I hate Avery", "What is up with Stack?" posts that always pop up after a loss. Its like being drunk. Can we try to sleep these things off and sober up first? If we still feel that way in the morning, post away.
Actually his post was propping Dirk more up than bashing him. Maybe i'm lost but it seems he's saying Dirk needs to play better in order for this team to have success. I agree. Dirk has been the 3rd or 4th best player on the team this season but in order for this team to win a championship he needs to be THE BEST.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
dirk is being the biggest puss pop right now... drive in and attack, this bullsh!t of 15 ppg isnt going to cut it. I dont care how deep we are or how good josh is doing, dirk should still manage his 25-30 and 10 R per game.

and another thing that ticks me off is that josh decides to only play the 1st half... does he forget about the 3rd and 4th quarters? damn...

(frustrated)
Damn that's good 30 points in 11 shots. That's about 9 3ptrs. Cool...

It does seem to becoming obvious that dirk needs to take more shots. He almost never seems to get into a rhythm anymore. EVER.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
I don't like it either, but it sure does make this board a little more intriguing.. It's been dead for many months now

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #12
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

2003-2004 all over again. Some are just burying their head in the sane.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #13
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Damn that's good 30 points in 11 shots. That's about 9 3ptrs. Cool...

It does seem to becoming obvious that dirk needs to take more shots. He almost never seems to get into a rhythm anymore. EVER.

Misunderstood me... 25-30 points per game and 10 rebounds per game.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 PM   #14
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Ive been holding off on posting this., but Ive had this thought for a few weeks now.

Dirk is acting like he still plays with Steve Nash and Michael Finley (in his prime). I haven't seen him this consistently passive since the 1999-2000 season.

The reason we are 12-7 is that we are missing 8-12 points from Dirk every single night. Frankly im surprised when he scores more than 27 points in a game.

Quote:
2003-2004 all over again. Some are just burying their head in the sane.
Thats the way I feel to. A team that is bad on the road is a sign of mental weakness and the 03-04 was horrible on the road. Lost a ton of games against inferior competition.

I came to that conclusion last week when I was at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee to watch us play the Bucks. Our team was listless, played with little energy or passion and Dirk didn't ever step up and dominate.
I really see the value of home court advantage. i have never personally witnessed the mavs play that lethargic at American Airlines Center. A big reason is that the crowd would be all over the team if we felt they weren't giving their best effort.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You people are cracking me up.

If they EVER get the defensive end fixed, you can start talking about how many shots a game dirk takes.

Defense is the key. It is the most important part of what is wrong right now.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #16
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think if Avery wants to mess around and play with the team he should do so when the games don't matter. When we play another elite team we should bring our A game and think of it as a test to see if what we DO have is enough to win. Tonight I fully expected to see the Mavs of last year... and the disappointment of not seeing Dirk embraced as our star was disheartening. We can only hope this is temporary, Dirk NEEDS to be the star on this team and get his shots. If Avery really has lost some trust in Dirk there is no way I can support him, thats just a terrible coaching job and a tragic misuse of your best player.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
Misunderstood me... 25-30 points per game and 10 rebounds per game.
My point was that it's going to be tough when he only gets 11 shots a game.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #18
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

If they EVER get the defensive end fixed, you can start talking about how many shots a game dirk takes.

Defense has been the problem for the past 20 years it seems. I've come to the conclusion that this team doesn't have the personnel or the coaching to become a good defensive team. Average at best. Not to say we should become a run and gun play no defense team but if we're winning a championship its not going to be because of our defense.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #19
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Lack of intensity is the problem with this team.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
i have a theory on that.

after last year's early collapse, i think avery doesn't trust him..hence him getting fewer minutes and less points. avery is trying to build this team to have multiple guys who make up for fewer minutes/points from dirk..hence Bass getting time, barea getting time, etc etc. he wants to make sure that if/when dirk doesn't perform, other guys have the ability to. that's my theory, anyway.
I agree.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #21
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
i have a theory on that.

That appears to be the case. I'm not COMPLETELY sure that it's a lack of trust in dirk as much as the acknowledgment that they HAVE to have more than dirk. Which is true.

But at this rate, he's going to lose dirk as well and he won't have shat.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I love me some "Dirk sucks because he is a superstar" logic.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #23
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I just hope that Dirk has decided to kind of cruise through the first half of the season, like Shaq does, to be fresh later on. If that is not the case, I fully expect some kind of turmoil happening with the team in the near future. I cannot imagine that Dirk is happy with the game plan right now, unless it's all part of a great master plan by Avery that everyone sticks to.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I love me some "Dirk sucks because he is a superstar" logic.
I think what you mean is: "Dirk is a superstar, so by definition he never sucks."

Right?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #25
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

Dirk has probably 5 good games this season out of 19. His assist is up though, so he is looking to pass more. But he still needs to take more than 11 shots per game. I think this team lacked an early offense mentality. You can see many times Dirk gets into position early in an offensive set asking for the ball but Devin/Jet/Howard do not pass him the ball at the first opportunity.

I think that is important because by doing that you would get the defense reacting early, since there is 90% chance the defense will collapse and double/triple team him, which he could pass and in return get a pass back for an easy bucket or some cutters or someone else gets to the bucket or a short jumper for a bucket.

Most teams with a superstar (Kobe/Duncan etc), they get the ball very early in the offensive set.

Question, does this team trust Dirk? and due to his passive nature..he is probably ok with it..again I am very confused by the state of this team now.

I will overreact in early mid Jan.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #26
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
If so he'd better find another one, because one doesn't play in the second half. Doesn't defend worth a crap or play offense.

Yea Josh is a #2 option in this league. The perfect #2. You can't rely on him to put the team on his back due to how ineffective he is in the 2nd half of games. Building this team around Josh would be mistake Avery has ever made as coach.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #27
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk owns. Any questions?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #28
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Dirk owns. Any questions?
none. thank you.

if you look at our team compared to the spurs (which is what avery wants the mavs to be), he's got us looking a bit like them.

penetrating PG - Harris/Parker, howard is our ginobli, and damp/diop are our oberto/elson. who's our Duncan? well...it should be Dirk...but I think Avery wants bass to be that kinda player.

does it seem to anyone else that maybe Dirk and Bass can't coexist?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
none. thank you.

if you look at our team compared to the spurs (which is what avery wants the mavs to be), he's got us looking a bit like them.

penetrating PG - Harris/Parker, howard is our ginobli, and damp/diop are our oberto/elson. who's our Duncan? well...it should be Dirk...but I think Avery wants bass to be that kinda player.

Well one of 'em is going to have to play center. If it's brandon, he's not very good at it. Avery may ask dirk to do it. He may have to in fact. Then I guess he can sub him in for diop, sheesh.

EDIT: Comparing Josh to Ginobbli right now is insulting Ginobbli. He's nowhere close right now.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-06-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:34 AM   #30
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what about team defense?

what about three year in a row runner up defensive player of the year???

the truth of the matter is our perimeter defense sucks right now. it's never been a strength of ours... Nash/Finley to Terry/Griffin to Devin/Terry... if our defense from our guards continue, it's just not going to cut it. bottom line. I'm with flac, this year--the blame has to fall a lot on our defense.

Contact Me
Old 12-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #31
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

No, it's Avery, not Dirk.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #32
mkat
Platinum Member

bass is too small to play center it seems.

josh is our ginobli in the sense duncan is the main guy, ginobli is the second guy, etc etc...

i honestly don't think avery trusts dirk...maybe it goes both ways. i don't know.

Last edited by mkat; 12-06-2007 at 01:36 AM.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 AM   #33
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
none. thank you.

There's a problem with the above though. Ginobilli is 10x's the player Josh is at this point. If Josh could do what he does in the 1st half in the second than we'd have a comparison. But there's no comparison's at this point. Same goes for Harris and Parker. We want Harris to be Parker but Harris' development is no where to be found. I don't know if he's just a slow learner or what but the kid can't get off the bench or quit making stupid fouls in the 1st half. Tonight the Duncan/Dirk comparison is right on. Both didn't do anything worth a damn.

This Mavs team needs to figure out what they are. Are they a run and gun team? A defensive team? Offensive team? What? That's the first thing we need to figure out. I'm not sure Avery knows. I sure as hell don't.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #34
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I think the team has many problems. I trust most of them will be fixed in due time.

But it really hurts to see Dirk playing like he is. I absolutely do not feel the same way watching him this year as I did before this past April. It's not just because of a few bad games against GS--Dirk has had bad games, in fact entire bad series before (see Houston 2005 playoffs).

The problem is, we're 19 games in now and I still have yet to watch Dirk shoot and feel like it was going in. Last year, I always thought it was going in. Always. Now, he's taking wide open 3 pointers and while the ball is in mid-air I'm almost wishing to myself that Jet had been the one shooting it instead of Dirk. Then my anxiety is justified when it misses--and usually it's not even reasonably close to going in.

I don't know guys. I really think the Mavs will be a much improved team by April and will be a force. But I miss the "security blanket" aspect that Dirk used to provide for this team. I don't feel it at all anymore.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-06-2007 at 02:38 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:50 AM   #35
alby
Guru

To rebuttle the OP's statement; Dirk is the problem with this team.

I think when you play Stackhouse 33 minutes and Hassell 16 seconds, there are some strategic problems that even Dirk can't fix.

Contact Me
Old 12-06-2007, 02:53 AM   #36
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is the problem with this message board.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:23 AM   #37
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Stackhouse is the problem with this team. Found this off dallasbasketball.com.

Quote:
And I know you think he sucks totally!

For all the players that avg. at lest 20 min/gm Stack has one of the worst FG % in the league.

Stack 24min 33.8%
Anthony Johnson 22min 33.3%
Smush Parker 20min 31.5%
Quentin Richardson 31min 31.3%
Larry Hughes 27min 29.3%

those are the bottom 5 in the NBA, notice anything about that list, most of those teams suck and all those players suck on offense, and they are all from the East except Stack.

That makes Stack approximately 196th of 200 shooters in the league with over 20 min/gm(didn't count all the players in the league avg. over 20 min/gm just estimated about 7/team)
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:15 AM   #38
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

There are a few problems with this team, defense being one of them.

However, the biggest problem is Dirk. If Dirk were putting up 26 points a game like he should be, the Mavs would not be 12-7.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I think this is true.

However, Dirk's game is very unsettling right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:45 AM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
There are a few problems with this team, defense being one of them.

However, the biggest problem is Dirk. If Dirk were putting up 26 points a game like he should be, the Mavs would not be 12-7.
Ok, let's watch what Carmelo and AI do to this team tonight. (Eat it for lunch in the paint all night long I expect). And you tell me later tonight if you still think a few more points here or there from the German instead of someone else would've made a difference or not.

Tags
dirk