Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default did anyone notice dirk in heated exchange in NOH game?

dunno if this has been discussed, but I thought there was some odd stuff goin on when Kidd was shootin a FT and Nowitzki was exchanging words with the hornets bench apparently... maybe I misunderstood the situation altogether, but it looked kinda heated!!

am I right? wrong ? idiotic?

regardless GO MAVS!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
dunno if this has been discussed, but I thought there was some odd stuff goin on when Kidd was shootin a FT and Nowitzki was exchanging words with the hornets bench apparently... maybe I misunderstood the situation altogether, but it looked kinda heated!!

am I right? wrong ? idiotic?

regardless GO MAVS!
At what point in the game did this happen (quarter and time)?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

it happened during Jason Kidd free thrwos... so according to the play by play, 2:14 left in 3rd quarter.

I really thought it was an unusual exchange, but maybe ti was just playin around.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Just re-watched it and I don't see anything even remotely resembling what you're talking about. Are you sure it was then?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
ghazi
Platinum Member

nothing during Jason Kidd's free throws?

maybe I have the FT shooter mixed up, which case I don't know what time it occured.

I believe it was in the 3rd quarter though, and after the no call when he got mugged on the 3 ball.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

probably not the bench...probably a ref in front of the bench.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

I noticed Dirk was yelling pretty animatedly at a teammate and pointing to spots on the floor. It looked to me like one of the big guys missed a screen or blew a play and pissed Dirk off. I don't think this was during free throws but maybe right after a ball was tipped out of bounds or something. I'm pretty sure this was the third quarter..
Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #8
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I saw that moment. I just watched it again and it happened in the 3rd quarter with 5:34 left. JKidd was fouled and taking some FTs and there was Dirk having a "conversation" (more like a heated exchange?) with someone. I just don't know if its with the ref?
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I just saw it too monty. It had to be either with the ref or Tyson Chandler as those were the only two there. I'm gonna say it was the ref since Chandler didn't react at all.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
I just saw it too monty. It had to be either with the ref or Tyson Chandler as those were the only two there. I'm gonna say it was the ref since Chandler didn't react at all.
I think so too. I tried to decipher what he was saying but I couldn't figure it out. I initially thought Dirk was speaking German.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #11
LonghornDub

Oh I just found it. It was at 5:34 left in the 3rd. Looks like Dirk is talking to the ref.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I can hear clearly is him saying, "HUH??"
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #13
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

I think Dirk is getting a little tired of never getting any help from his team when it counts.

I can't blame him.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #14
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

We need to win next game!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #15
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I know dirk was about to beast tyson chandler after he wouldnt step off his nuts. Dirk gave him an armpit to the face!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVYjjCKeaRg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVYjjCKeaRg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I wish Dirk would've been a "beast" towards David West when he pointed his finger in Dirk's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYjjCKeaRg&eurl=
Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #18
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I can understand not wanting to get suspended by reacting to David West. But man, David West basically disrespected him by tapping him on the face like Dirk is a rookie or something.

We all remember the last time someone pissed off Dirk in the playoffs *cough* Tim Thomas *cough* and Dirk went off for 50 the next game. I expect a great performance from the Dirkster on Tuesday.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #19
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I wish Dirk would've been a "beast" towards David West when he pointed his finger in Dirk's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYjjCKeaRg&eurl=
damn, that was dirty.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #20
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
I can understand not wanting to get suspended by reacting to David West. But man, David West basically disrespected him by tapping him on the face like Dirk is a rookie or something.

We all remember the last time someone pissed off Dirk in the playoffs *cough* Tim Thomas *cough* and Dirk went off for 50 the next game. I expect a great performance from the Dirkster on Tuesday.
It was the same game..

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #21
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

That's shameful. Definitely taking the higher road there but how awesome would it have been if Dirk back handed West's face when that happened.

I'll have to admit that our Dallas team is a little soft but I guess that's not the worst thing we could be labeled as.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #22
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Best remedy for this type of revenge is to win the frigign series, no matter what it takes, win the friggin series, no, batle within a battle, win the series. Dismantle their team.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #23
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have wanted Dirk to do something to get supsended but slapping his arm away or shoving him back would have been nice to see.

I'd rather Dirk do his talking and fighting on the court by taking it to West and the Hornets and winning this series.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #24
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I wouldn't have wanted Dirk to do something to get supsended but slapping his arm away or shoving him back would have been nice to see.

I'd rather Dirk do his talking and fighting on the court by taking it to West and the Hornets and winning this series.
This is Dallas. Dirk would have been ejected. Maybe they eject West to make it look good, but still.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
This is Dallas. Dirk would have been ejected. Maybe they eject West to make it look good, but still.
He wouldn't have been ejected by moving West's finger out of his face. Now had he hit him in the nuts like Terry did to Finley a couple of years ago I think that warrants a suspension.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #26
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He wouldn't have been ejected by moving West's finger out of his face. .
you are so wrong.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #27
kappasigma

kappasigma will become famous soon enough

dirk is a wuss, players always talk smack to him, push him, elbow him. he does nothing. sometimes they even put their nutsack in his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjB0BvIsl8
Old 04-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #28
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
you are so wrong.
It would be the 1st time ever a player has been ejected for moving another man's finger out of his face. You can bring up other Mavs being ejected and suspended if you want but all of those ejections have been warranted. I know i'm suppose to be on the "League is against the Mavs" campaign that 90% of the other Mavs fans are on but I refuse to take part in that garbage.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It would be the 1st time ever a player has been ejected for moving another man's finger out of his face. You can bring up other Mavs being ejected and suspended if you want but all of those ejections have been warranted. I know i'm suppose to be on the "League is against the Mavs" campaign that 90% of the other Mavs fans are on but I refuse to take part in that garbage.
Dirk slapping West's hand away and not getting suspended is one possibility.

The other one is that we're sitting here today debating whether or not Dirk's fist was opened or closed, as he brought his arm down in a foward motion.

I'm glad we aren't.

The doulbe-tech was major B.S. and people (media) are making way too much of this. From listening to everyone, you'd think West dry-humped Dirk right there on the court.

West can suck it. All I want is for the Mavs to send their asses to the golf course.

If they do that, I couldn't care less that someone tapped Dirk on the cheek.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-21-2008 at 03:27 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Dirk slapping West's hand away and not getting suspended is one possibility.

The other one is that we're sitting here today debating whether or not Dirk's fist was opened or closed, as he brought his arm down in a foward motion.

I'm glad we aren't.

The doulbe-tech was major B.S. and people (media) are making way too much of this. From listening to everyone, you'd think West dry-humped Dirk right there on the court.

West can suck it. All I want is for the Mavs to send their asses to the golf course.

If they do that, I couldn't care less that someone tapped Dirk on the cheek.
Not only could we have been detabing open and closed fist, etc, but who knows how it escalates if Dirk retaliates in any way. If Dirk slaps West's hand, West might take a swing, or someone from the Hornets comes charging in more aggressively. Maybe Josh comes to Dirk's aid like he did Devin in the preseason.

Who the hell knows.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Maybe Josh comes to Dirk's aid like he did Devin in the preseason.

Who the hell knows.
It would've been nice to see that kind of hustle from him.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
It would've been nice to see that kind of hustle from him.
Those days seem to be behind him. He's an elite scorer now, hustle isn't required of him anymore.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #33
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I think this worrying about suspension is the same as playing to the refs. If you play to get the foul (flop or draw a foul) instead of getting the bucket or the stop, you're only hurting yourself in the long run. Everybody knows the rules.

Don't instigate shit but don't let people abuse you either. Removing someone's finger from your face is not suspension worthy. That paranoia is on another level. If David West sticks his finger up Dirk's nose, is Dirk just suppose to hold still?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #34
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah it's just the fact that Dirk stood there and took it.

I was hoping he would at least give West a mad man's stare and start laughing in his face like that cracked up creature in rabbitproof's sig.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #35
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof

Don't instigate shit but don't let people abuse you either. Removing someone's finger from your face is not suspension worthy. That paranoia is on another level. If David West sticks his finger up Dirk's nose, is Dirk just suppose to hold still?
Next game, if I were Dirk, I would stick a finger at West, get West riled up, see if West is willing to escalate. In the Cle-Was game, when James had a dunk, he did Stevenson's signature hand to face move.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #36
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope Dirk will respond to the same effect he did v phx, ala the Tim Thomas incident.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #37
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdumas
He's an elite scorer now

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
I think this worrying about suspension is the same as playing to the refs. If you play to get the foul (flop or draw a foul) instead of getting the bucket or the stop, you're only hurting yourself in the long run. Everybody knows the rules.

Look, West was doing nothing but baiting. He WANTED Dirk to respond. And people act like he did it for a long period of time and Dirk just stood there and took it.

It all happened in the span of about 5 seconds. I applaud Dirk wholeheartedly for not responding at all.

End of story.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk just needs to fight fire with fire. Send him little patronizing kisses. Get under West's skin. Make him outplay you by playing your own mental game. I'd spell it out for West like this the whole game....

M V P

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #40
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or has Dirk been driving much less? Sigh, ankle problems...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk