Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #521
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Richardson was supposed to be that guy, but he sadly hasn't been.
I didn't realize how slight of built Richardson is. I thought he was a far more powerful athlete, you know kind of like Saddiq Bey. Oops
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2021, 11:32 PM   #522
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Now Luka has a sore back and is questionable for tomorrow

Carrying trash for three months will do that
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:14 AM   #523
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Hope he sits out the skills challenge.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:22 AM   #524
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Maybe should have spent that cap space rather than worrying about price range.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #525
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs dropped to 10th without playing a game

Their record would put them at 4th in the East. 4th
Old 03-03-2021, 09:07 AM   #526
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

At least 20 years the East has been trash

How is that possible?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:58 AM   #527
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think 10th gets you into the play in though...so theres that.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #528
Dolencd

Dolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to all

Hey!
Just popped in here to say that there should be a tread that Mavs should do all they can to get Deni Avdija. Wizards don't know how to facilitate him and he's just rotting there. They'd probabaly be willing to give him away for easy money.

If you don't believe me, just wait. With the right development Avdija will be a star in 10 years. I think he could be what Goran Dragić is for Miami.

If Dallas could get him that would definitely prove to be a top 10 ever front office move.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:09 PM   #529
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolencd View Post
Hey!
Just popped in here to say that there should be a tread that Mavs should do all they can to get Deni Avdija. Wizards don't know how to facilitate him and he's just rotting there. They'd probabaly be willing to give him away for easy money.

If you don't believe me, just wait. With the right development Avdija will be a star in 10 years. I think he could be what Goran Dragić is for Miami.

If Dallas could get him that would definitely prove to be a top 10 ever front office move.
Is this a real life post or a bit? He's averaging 21 Mpg there as a 20 year old. You think he would get remotely close to that here? fuhgetaboutit. Why would the Wizz give their 9th pick away? If other teams were this stupid, we would have a dynasty by now.

The other thing that sticks out is that in 10 years he would be a star. So when he is 30 he will have 2-3 years of high level play. I'm not sure how this one made it past quality control

Old 03-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #530
Dolencd

Dolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to allDolencd is a name known to all

He is averaging a lot of minutes but doesn't get the ball at all. He's having issues with his team mates.
Not more than 20 minutes of play here? Do you not know Dallas?
I think he would be great for Dallas. Yeah. He'll leave a mark in NBA. Just visit this comment in 10 years.
What sticks out for me is that you just had to be a bit greasy, right?
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:22 PM   #531
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
He is averaging a lot of minutes but doesn't get the ball at all. He's having issues with his team mates.
Not more than 20 minutes of play here? Do you not know Dallas?
I think he would be great for Dallas. Yeah. He'll leave a mark in NBA. Just visit this comment in 10 years.
What sticks out for me is that you just had to be a bit greasy, right?
Josh Green, Our own 1st round pick gets half those minutes, and even those were inflated because we had players out for weeks with covid protocol. No way kids here get big meaningful minutes unless they are potential face of the franchise like Luka. Josh, Terry and Bey are all in the Gleague instead of getting some minutes with the Mavs.

No one wants to wait 10 years for a guy to make a mark in the league. Thats comical to me. If we had that kind of time, DSJ would still be here. I agree that he has potential to be a legit player but in ten years? If it takes him that long, he won't even be in the league by then.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:54 PM   #532
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Carrying 20 extra lbs can't be helpful either.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #533
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
If you don't believe me, just wait. With the right development Avdija will be a star in 10 years
10 years??? I'm sure you just threw that out there, but 10 years is more than a career...if someone isn't a star in 4-5 years...it isn't going to happen. Even then, it will likely happen for a different team.

Not that you might not be right about the player...it would just need to happen a lot faster than that.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:39 PM   #534
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
10 years??? I'm sure you just threw that out there, but 10 years is more than a career...if someone isn't a star in 4-5 years...it isn't going to happen. Even then, it will likely happen for a different team.

Not that you might not be right about the player...it would just need to happen a lot faster than that.
Not to mention he’d be 30.

In the NBA if you aren’t a star by 26, you’re sunk
Old 03-04-2021, 11:44 PM   #535
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Not to mention he’d be 30.

In the NBA if you aren’t a star by 26, you’re sunk
Well. It was mentioned. Lol.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #536
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Officially have the 8th seed for a week now

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-05-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:52 AM   #537
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Officially have the 8th seed for a week now

Fire Rick
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #538
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I think it's fishy how Blake Griffin has played all year basically just going through the motions and yet every potential contender Lakers, Nets, Heat, Clippers and Warriors are already looking to sign him.

Honestly, I believe he staged much like Harden and it wouldn't shock me one bit after ne of those teams sign him his activity level on the court is going to sky rocket.

This guy has John Wall written all over him the minute he gets signed by a team he wants to play for
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #539
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think it's fishy how Blake Griffin has played all year basically just going through the motions and yet every potential contender Lakers, Nets, Heat, Clippers and Warriors are already looking to sign him.

Honestly, I believe he staged much like Harden and it wouldn't shock me one bit after ne of those teams sign him his activity level on the court is going to sky rocket.

This guy has John Wall written all over him the minute he gets signed by a team he wants to play for
Playing for a contender will do that. I’m sure he was sandbagging it to an extent. I also think you see an uptick in his number on a new team simply because he is playing with better players that require more attention to BG.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #540
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yeah he was sandbagging it. I'm sure he didn't want to get hurt and have to stay in Detroit.

That being said...I'd kick the tires on him if I'm the Mavs. I think its too early for him to ring chase.......
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #541
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah he was sandbagging it. I'm sure he didn't want to get hurt and have to stay in Detroit.

That being said...I'd kick the tires on him if I'm the Mavs. I think its too early for him to ring chase.......
I only watched a few of their games earlier in the season when Blake actually tried to play hard.

He looked solid and I was surprised by his passing and ball handling ability.

I think Blake would be an upgrade offensively compared to both Kleber and Johnson when he tries hard. He looked like a natural Point Forward a more skilled JJ in that role.

I'd kick the tires on him because it could be low risk/high reward, I doubt the Mavs even put in an offer because they are real picky in terms of who they want.

I just thought it was rather fishy that all of a sudden all those contenders are now in on Blake.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:21 PM   #542
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Sounds like he’s going to the Nets

It’ll be sad when Harden, Irving, Durant, and Griffin can’t win a ‘ship
Old 03-05-2021, 04:01 PM   #543
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt the Mavs kick the tires because Blake wouldn’t come here. He will go to a contender. Can’t say I blame him. I’d rather go to LA or Brooklyn too.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #544
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
The Brooklyn Nets are believed to be leaders to sign six-time All-Star Blake Griffin, sources tell me and
@JLEdwardsIII
. Rival teams with interest are expecting Griffin to choose Nets as a title favorite for chance to win a championship.
Mavs were never in the Griffin race

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-05-2021 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #545
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds like he’s going to the Nets

It’ll be sad when Harden, Irving, Durant, and Griffin can’t win a ‘ship
I can’t think of a collection of players I’d rather root against. Anyone but Brooklyn.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-05-2021 at 09:07 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:08 PM   #546
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I can’t think of a collection of players I’d rather root against. Anyone but Brooklyn.
I kinda hope that it starts the new trend of players being attacked for joining super teams and not performing. If Durant, Harden, Kyrie, and Griffin can't get a championship, are they really that good? It might bring balance to the force and make future players reconsider their moves to super teams.

Then again, probably not. The league has been ruined since LeBron/Wade/Bosh and I don't see that changing soon.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:50 PM   #547
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I kinda hope that it starts the new trend of players being attacked for joining super teams and not performing. If Durant, Harden, Kyrie, and Griffin can't get a championship, are they really that good? It might bring balance to the force and make future players reconsider their moves to super teams.

Then again, probably not. The league has been ruined since LeBron/Wade/Bosh and I don't see that changing soon.
It really sucks. I love NBA ball enough that I don’t need super teams or villains in order to watch. But I know the NBA lives the ratings and kinda encourages this crap. I’m also pissed that Houston sent Harden to his preferred destination after the way he behaved. For a lousy package of future picks and Oladipo rental. On principle they should’ve made Brklyn include Joe Harris or trade Harden to Sac or Cleveland.

I think it’s going to be really difficult to stop the Nets offense especially with 3 guys getting superstar calls in the playoffs. I think Philly can come out of the East if they trade for Lowry. They need another creator. It’s a question of how much Toronto wants to make a playoff run vs. Maxey and a pick from Philly; what they value more.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:08 PM   #548
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:

This is a tangent but I’ve been listening the Whistleblower podcast about Tim Donaghy— highly recommend!— and it’s dredging up a lot of bad memories especially as pertains to our beloved Mavs of yore.

The end of the Utah/Philly game the other night and Lebrons subsequent cracking wise about Utah and not picking those guys on Xbox or whatever silliness he was on—It just makes me feel like the deck is stacked so much in favor of LA/NY/Miami teams and while I’m not against “player empowerment” per se, it sucks that in order to win big in the league you are fighting the forces of NBA clique culture, the leagues desire to have big glamour markets win and also the officials and how those forces/interests often intersect. You effectively have to beat, let’s just call him “Lebron”, on many levels. Cliques, agents, markets, league interests/profit, officiating tilted towards benefiting the aforementioned. It’s very discouraging. To not have those things aligned it requires having an all time great player and/or “lighting in a bottle” situation ala 2011 Mavs with Dirk and finding the perfect supporting cast and coach. Even then our margin for error was zilch. Or it takes all-time great team building, coach and all-time great player like Duncan and the Spurs. And they tanked hardcore and had to get really like to even get Duncan. And even the Spurs lost Kawhi to the coast. It can seem incredibly discouraging. I don’t watch as much American football as I used to as I’ve replaced it with Hockey but I appreciate the inherent parity in both sports relative to nba ball.The idea of Brooklyn stacking the deck to win a championship is almost enough to put me off the entire thing.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #549
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the frustration with the superteam narrative, but just take a look at a list of NBA champs by year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions

There have always been superteams in the sense that power/ talent has always historically condensed in just a handful of teams.

Does it matter that players are now taking matters into their own hands to team up now? I would argue that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:39 PM   #550
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

** double post

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-06-2021 at 08:41 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:40 PM   #551
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I understand the frustration with the superteam narrative, but just take a look at a list of NBA champs by year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions

There have always been superteams in the sense that power/ talent has always historically condensed in just a handful of teams.
This. 1000x this. We always look at the past through rose-tinted lenses. Russell's Celtics won 11 titles in 13 years. In the 80s, every single finals featured either the Lakers, Celtics or both. Magic's Lakers went to nine finals in 12 years and won 5 titles. Jordan's Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years. In the 21st century, the Lakers and Spurs have won 11 titles between them.

The league has never had anything resembling parity, except perhaps in the 70s- and not coincidently, that is generally considered the league's dark age. It's fine when owners and GMs build dynasties that dominate for entire decades. That's apparently the "right" way. But for some reason that has never made sense to me, people get really mad when players do it for themselves.

Quote:
Does it matter that players are now taking matters into their own hands to team up now? I would argue that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme.
I would go even further than that, and argue that we might actually be better off now, and "player empowerment" might actually make the league more competitive, not less. "Superteams" might win titles, but on the flipside, superteams don't seem built to last. Either because of salary cap issues, shorter contracts, or just egos, they seem to have a maximum shelf life of 3-4 years. I don't think we'll see another team dominate an entire decade again anytime soon.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #552
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-brooklyn-nets

Griffin officially to the Nets

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-08-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #553
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

As the Houston Rockets' losing streak stretched to 13 games before the All-Star break, rival front offices increasingly wondered whether new general manager Rafael Stone will launch an earnest rebuild and turn his team into a seller before the March 25 trade deadline.

"They're starting to call teams," said one assistant general manager.

In addition to Houston's most-whispered names, Victor Oladipo and P.J. Tucker, team executives polled by B/R are also curious whether the Rockets will look to move supporting players deeper in their rotation. They're specifically eyeing Houston's cadre of athletic, two-way wings like Danuel House Jr., Ben McLemore, Sterling Brown and Jae'Sean Tate.
Old 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM   #554
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
As the Houston Rockets' losing streak stretched to 13 games before the All-Star break, rival front offices increasingly wondered whether new general manager Rafael Stone will launch an earnest rebuild and turn his team into a seller before the March 25 trade deadline.

"They're starting to call teams," said one assistant general manager.

In addition to Houston's most-whispered names, Victor Oladipo and P.J. Tucker, team executives polled by B/R are also curious whether the Rockets will look to move supporting players deeper in their rotation. They're specifically eyeing Houston's cadre of athletic, two-way wings like Danuel House Jr., Ben McLemore, Sterling Brown and Jae'Sean Tate.
Which none of them do I consider notable "Two-way" players. I mean maybe House Jr but that's a stretch. If it's not Vic or PJ, then it doesn't move the needle for me.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #555
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

[Ed Kupfer] NBA strength of schedule until today and for the rest of the season. HCA and rest days adjusted.
{Mavs with hardest schedule before the break and 5th-easiest after}
March is going to be brutal - but April and May are a much easier schedule.
MARCH with 8 away games and 4 at home
vs San Antonio
@ Oklahoma City
@ Denver
vs LA Clippers
vs LA Clippers
@ Portland
@ Portland
@ Minnesota
vs Indiana
@ New Orleans
@ Oklahoma City
@ Boston

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 03-09-2021 at 03:34 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:28 AM   #556
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Looks like Richardson has really turned it around and actually is the reliable 3 and D workhorse we thought he was. I'm honestly thinking Covid was the thing that screwed up the first part of his season. We've seen it happen with a lot of players around the league. It seems like it takes weeks, if not months, to really recover from.

Whatever the case, thank god, for the turnaround because we seriously need it.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:30 AM   #557
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Looks like Richardson has really turned it around and actually is the reliable 3 and D workhorse we thought he was. I'm honestly thinking Covid was the thing that screwed up the first part of his season. We've seen it happen with a lot of players around the league. It seems like it takes weeks, if not months, to really recover from.

I made a comment in the GDT yesterday, but he has really turned things around the last few games. He is starting to look like the player we all expected him to be when we traded for him. Hoping the trend continues.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:29 PM   #558
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I made a comment in the GDT yesterday, but he has really turned things around the last few games. He is starting to look like the player we all expected him to be when we traded for him. Hoping the trend continues.

The way I see it is, What JRich brings is hustle and intuition and that has more staying power. I think it will keep trending with more chemistry. Those defensive plays are part hustle but also very much intuition. He understands if someone gets around him that he has another chance to effect the play from behind.

Old 03-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #559
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #560
Dallas41
Diamond Member

If you just observe of the league from tonight you can kind of get idea of just how avg or inconsistent the Mavs are....

Two examples would be Philly and Atlanta

Philly even without Embiid and Simmons in the lineup won another game tonight. This is the 2nd time recently that team has won with both of those of those guys sitting out.

Tobias Harris as a 3rd option is so much better than anyone we have on this roster and Dwight Howard despite the hate he gets is so much better than big'swe have on the roster in terms of rebounding & defense yet the Mavs didn't even want him.

It really speaks volumes as to the roster we have around Luka and KP.

Atlanta has done something that the Mavs haven't accomplished all season extend a winning streak beyond 4 games.

Regardless of schedule it just puzzles me as to how Atlanta could stay focused and win 8 straight games with a defense that isn't that much better than the Mavs. There's no way in hell anyone though the Hawks would be equal to or better than the Mavs.

The Spurs are practically trying to give the Mavs the division title and the Mavs continue to be so inconsistent it's like they are just going to settle for the 8th seed and be content.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-21-2021 at 12:08 AM.