Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2021, 11:39 PM   #561
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://mobile.twitter.com/iztok_fra...=1616474886427
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #562
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
If you just observe of the league from tonight you can kind of get idea of just how avg or inconsistent the Mavs are....

Two examples would be Philly and Atlanta

Philly even without Embiid and Simmons in the lineup won another game tonight. This is the 2nd time recently that team has won with both of those of those guys sitting out.

Tobias Harris as a 3rd option is so much better than anyone we have on this roster and Dwight Howard despite the hate he gets is so much better than big'swe have on the roster in terms of rebounding & defense yet the Mavs didn't even want him.

It really speaks volumes as to the roster we have around Luka and KP.

Atlanta has done something that the Mavs haven't accomplished all season extend a winning streak beyond 4 games.

Regardless of schedule it just puzzles me as to how Atlanta could stay focused and win 8 straight games with a defense that isn't that much better than the Mavs. There's no way in hell anyone though the Hawks would be equal to or better than the Mavs.

The Spurs are practically trying to give the Mavs the division title and the Mavs continue to be so inconsistent it's like they are just going to settle for the 8th seed and be content.
I play a lot of daily fantasy....and one thing I'm amazed at is how teams can be missing their MVP or two of their best players and still compete and play better than teams fully healthy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:44 PM   #563
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you just observe of the league from tonight you can kind of get idea of just how avg or inconsistent the Mavs are....

Two examples would be Philly and Atlanta

Philly even without Embiid and Simmons in the lineup won another game tonight. This is the 2nd time recently that team has won with both of those of those guys sitting out.

Tobias Harris as a 3rd option is so much better than anyone we have on this roster and Dwight Howard despite the hate he gets is so much better than big'swe have on the roster in terms of rebounding & defense yet the Mavs didn't even want him.

It really speaks volumes as to the roster we have around Luka and KP.
Honestly I think that says a lot more about Philly than it does about the Mavs. You take any team around the league and take out their two best players, and pretty much everyone except Sixers and the Nets are going to suck. Look at the Lakers.

Quote:
Atlanta has done something that the Mavs haven't accomplished all season extend a winning streak beyond 4 games.

Regardless of schedule it just puzzles me as to how Atlanta could stay focused and win 8 straight games with a defense that isn't that much better than the Mavs. There's no way in hell anyone though the Hawks would be equal to or better than the Mavs.
Atlanta has a nice win streak going. Good for them. Why should I care? How does this an indictment of the Mavs? With the exception of the OKC game where Luka and KP both sat out (a decision I didn't agree with either, but it is what it is) just about every game the Mavs have lost in the last two months has come against an arguably better team. You think because we went 2-2 against the Clippers and the Blazers that means the Mavs aren't "focused" like the Hawks. The Clippers are unequivocally better than the Mavericks, and the Blazers are arguably better too. 2-2 is a success.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-24-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:30 PM   #564
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Honestly I think that says a lot more about Philly than it does about the Mavs. You take any team around the league and take out their two best players, and pretty much everyone except Sixers and the Nets are going to suck. Look at the Lakers.

Atlanta has a nice win streak going. Good for them. Why should I care? How does this an indictment of the Mavs? With the exception of the OKC game where Luka and KP both sat out (a decision I didn't agree with either, but it is what it is) just about every game the Mavs have lost in the last two months has come against an arguably better team. You think because we went 2-2 against the Clippers and the Blazers that means the Mavs aren't "focused" like the Hawks. The Clippers are unequivocally better than the Mavericks, and the Blazers are arguably better too. 2-2 is a success.
So much this.

I still will never understand why some Mavs fans take every opportunity to trash on the Mavs or find unflattering comparisons.

Nets and 76ers are loaded. Outside those teams, who does well without their top players?

Clippers without Leonard and George? Nope
Lakers without LeBron and AD? Nope and we have proof
Hawks without Young/Collins? Nope
Suns without Booker/Paul? Nope
Spurs without Derozan/Murray? Nope
Warriors without Curry/Thompson? Nope and we have proof.
Bucks without Giannis and Middleton? Nope
Jazz without Mitchell/Gobert? Nope
Nuggets without Jokic/Murray? Nope

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-24-2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #565
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

How are all these guys potentially being bought out and they are all just going to go to the Lakers or Nets? The Mavs can't get even ONE of them?
Old 03-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #566
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So much this.

I still will never understand why some Mavs fans take every opportunity to trash on the Mavs or find unflattering comparisons.

Nets and 76ers are loaded. Outside those teams, who does well without their top players?

Clippers without Leonard and George? Nope
Lakers without LeBron and AD? Nope and we have proof
Hawks without Young/Collins? Nope
Suns without Booker/Paul? Nope
Spurs without Derozan/Murray? Nope
Warriors without Curry/Thompson? Nope and we have proof.
Bucks without Giannis and Middleton? Nope
Jazz without Mitchell/Gobert? Nope
Nuggets without Jokic/Murray? Nope
I think its just a matter of being disappointed with the season. There are times when the Mavs are fully healthy and don't look as good as the Sixers do without Embid. I have no idea why this is. I want to blame coaching but I don't consider Rivers to be that much of a upgrade over Carlisle if at all. Maybe its a matter of talent or lack thereof.

And the above is not entirely true. Those teams can miss one of their best players.....I saw the Bucks just beat someone down without Giannis. If the bar is missing 2 stars at once? That's a tall task for anyone. But I'm more so concerned with how they look HEALTHY then when they look like without KP and Luka which isn't all that often.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:56 PM   #567
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think its just a matter of being disappointed with the season. There are times when the Mavs are fully healthy and don't look as good as the Sixers do without Embid. I have no idea why this is. I want to blame coaching but I don't consider Rivers to be that much of a upgrade over Carlisle if at all. Maybe its a matter of talent or lack thereof.

And the above is not entirely true. Those teams can miss one of their best players.....I saw the Bucks just beat someone down without Giannis. If the bar is missing 2 stars at once? That's a tall task for anyone. But I'm more so concerned with how they look HEALTHY then when they look like without KP and Luka which isn't all that often.
1) Of course we are disappointing compared to the 76ers. They have a better roster and the 1st seed. If the Mavs falling short of the 1 seed in the East (with or without Embiid) is the difference between satisfaction and disappointment, you will be disappointed. They have a better roster, but also:

2) The Mavs HAVE beaten players without KP or Doncic. We've won 7 games without KP. We're 1-0 when we are only missing Luka (although 0-2 when missing both). You may not remember those games or think about them, but the Mavs have beaten people without KP/Doncic. Bucks have won two games without Giannis. That doesn't mean much. 76ers have gone 7-6 without Embiid despite being the 1 seed in the East. Mavs have kept up in their games without major players (and have missed their starters/important reserves far more often)

3) The Mavs are good. 7-3 over the last ten. 3rd best team in the league in net rating over the last month. If you want to be disappointed in their healthy play? Well, I guess you are just disappointed in the Mavs. I honestly don't know what to say.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-24-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #568
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

On Feb 1 when Maxi returned from Covid, it was the first time all season that the Mavs had their full team available with Porzingis. Since then they have gone 14-7. They’ve looked fine when healthy.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:09 PM   #569
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
On Feb 1 when Maxi returned from Covid, it was the first time all season that the Mavs had their full team available with Porzingis. Since then they have gone 14-7. They’ve looked fine when healthy.
That's .666 win percentage since we recovered from Covid.

If that continued for the whole season, that would put us at 3rd in the West and tied for 3rd with the Bucks in the East.

I really don't understand why 90% of Mavs fans on D-M.com are hating on us or have no optimism.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #570
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If that continued for the whole season, that would put us at 3rd in the West and tied for 3rd with the Bucks in the East.

I really don't understand why 90% of Mavs fans on D-M.com are hating on us or have no optimism.
I have plenty of optimism. All of our Covid guys are rounding into shape and Richardson should only continue to fit better. Luka is seemingly making another leap. Brunson has been off these last few games; not sure if he’s dinged up or what. I’d like to see us KP more involved and for some of DFS shots to fall. But all in all the arrow is definitely trending up at the right time.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #571
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

When I say they are inconsistent I mean they don't play well enough to sustain a long winning streak like Atlanta (8 games) because the Mavs have flaws in so many ways.

Tonight game vs Minnesota is a early example

You have two days off and yet you show up looking like this early in the game.

They very well could come back and win but come on how do justify showing up like this

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-24-2021 at 07:22 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #572
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I say they are inconsistent I mean they don't play well enough to sustain a long winning streak like Atlanta (8 games) because the Mavs have flaws in so many ways.

They very well could come back and win but come on how do justify showing up like this
14-7. Win streaks are trivia. Only one of those 7 losses was bad.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #573
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Guess who also doesn’t have 8 game winning streaks? Suns, Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, etc.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:29 PM   #574
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Guess who also doesn’t have 8 game winning streaks? Suns, Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, etc.
Those teams have better records and in the case of Phoenix they have been consistent all year.

Considering where they've come from just two years ago that's amazing and a great job by their front office getting them this high in such a short amount of time by getting the right pieces around Booker and Ayton without taking too many years....

That team won just 19 games two years and they are already 2nd in the west this year.....

They are a playoff threat already with that roster and they are consistent especially on defense.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-24-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:57 PM   #575
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Those teams have better records and in the case of Phoenix they have been consistent all year.

Considering where they've come from just two years ago that's amazing and a great job by their front office getting them this high in such a short amount of time by getting the right pieces around Booker and Ayton without taking too many years....

That team won just 19 games two years and they are already 2nd in the west this year.....

They are a playoff threat already with that roster and they are consistent especially on defense.
Phoenix passed on Luka.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:22 PM   #576
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Phoenix passed on Luka.
Good one

You got me there
Old 03-24-2021, 09:30 PM   #577
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

wow i just looked at the standings and didn't realize how atrociously bad the East is. i mean i had the general idea but really? only philly, milwaukee, and brooklyn would even be in the top 8 in the west - everyone else wouldn't make the playoffs as of now.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:13 PM   #578
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Good one

You got me there
Chris Paul was absolutely a great move by them, though. Got to give Jones credit for that one.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:55 PM   #579
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Seriously. The nadir of the season was the 147-116 loss to the Warriors. The team had lost something like 10 out of 13 games by that point, and it really looked like the season was doomed and we were going to have to send the Knicks a lottery pick.

Since then, the Mavs have actually been pretty damn good. It's been a total 180.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:56 PM   #580
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:

*checks the score* We won by 20.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #581
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This.

after more than a decade i stopped posting in the GDTs because they turned into a giant bitch and moan fest...blabla Rick....blabla KP...blabla rotations...blabla FO too stupid to do trades

Sucks the fun out of it
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:46 PM   #582
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
1) Of course we are disappointing compared to the 76ers. They have a better roster and the 1st seed. If the Mavs falling short of the 1 seed in the East (with or without Embiid) is the difference between satisfaction and disappointment, you will be disappointed. They have a better roster, but also:

2) The Mavs HAVE beaten players without KP or Doncic. We've won 7 games without KP. We're 1-0 when we are only missing Luka (although 0-2 when missing both). You may not remember those games or think about them, but the Mavs have beaten people without KP/Doncic. Bucks have won two games without Giannis. That doesn't mean much. 76ers have gone 7-6 without Embiid despite being the 1 seed in the East. Mavs have kept up in their games without major players (and have missed their starters/important reserves far more often)

3) The Mavs are good. 7-3 over the last ten. 3rd best team in the league in net rating over the last month. If you want to be disappointed in their healthy play? Well, I guess you are just disappointed in the Mavs. I honestly don't know what to say.
I don't think a Sixers team without Embid is all that much more talented than the Mavs. I'd take Luka and KP over anyone outside of Embid.

And yes I am disappointed in the Mavs. Not sure how any MAvs fan can't be unless you didnt' think they were very good to begin with.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:50 PM   #583
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
This.

after more than a decade i stopped posting in the GDTs because they turned into a giant bitch and moan fest...blabla Rick....blabla KP...blabla rotations...blabla FO too stupid to do trades

Sucks the fun out of it
I thought that's what game threads were for though?
Old 03-25-2021, 12:05 AM   #584
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't think a Sixers team without Embid is all that much more talented than the Mavs. I'd take Luka and KP over anyone outside of Embid.

And yes I am disappointed in the Mavs. Not sure how any MAvs fan can't be unless you didnt' think they were very good to begin with.
After seeing what Phoenix has done this off season and how those moves instantly made them top 4 out west this year I have to admit that fuels some of my frustration with the Mavs.

Sometimes you just have to go for it especially when you have young talent like Luka and KP on the roster already.

Phoenix has Booker and Ayton and they felt like Paul was the guy regardless of his age that could speed up the process to winning right away.

The Mavs seem too content on staying the course with solid guys on the rosters but not guys who will elevate your team to that next level.

I get it cap space is important but sometimes I feel like they rely on cap space waiting on a big fish and they let other quality starting caliber players get away.

It won't shock me at all if James Johnson expiring contract is still on this roster after the deadline.

Guy's like Buddy Hield and Oladipo are probably at all the time low in terms of trade value.

Gordon is obviously going to cost you something but he's a legit starter and impact talent that may be worth losing a guy like Kleber, DFS or THJ.

He just does a multiple of things and you can clearly see if you put in that Powell role offensively in Dallas next to Luka he would turn into a All-Star level type of player with All Defensive team ability.

They will probably end up in the buy out market and come away with the least desirable type of player like they did with MKG from last year.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:25 AM   #585
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Quote:

*checks the score* We won by 20.
And Atlanta lost to Sacramento.

(Has anyone looked at the teams Atlanta played during that 8 game win streak? Has Dallas had a stretch of opponents even remotely like that?)
Old 03-25-2021, 08:23 AM   #586
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
And Atlanta lost to Sacramento.

(Has anyone looked at the teams Atlanta played during that 8 game win streak? Has Dallas had a stretch of opponents even remotely like that?)
That's just my point even with a schedule like that don't act like the Mavs would have won all 8 games.

we all know this teams level of energy wavers which causes them to frustrate fans at times with some head scratching games that they should win but didn't win.

That's why I called them too inconsistent to have a pro longed type of winning streak like that.

If you beg to differ with that opinion then it's cool I respect that but we haven't see it yet so maybe they prove me wrong with this schedule part no one is over .500 in the next 13 games starting with Minnesota yesterday.

I'd love to see them run off 5 or 6 straight wins

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-25-2021 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #587
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am optimistic that on any given night the Mavs can compete with the best in the NBA. I am not optimistic that they could win a series against any of the top 4 in the West. I see a serious flaw being the inconsistency of KP and his inability to physically hold up in series where his contributions on both ends of the floor are imperative to winning four games against an excellent team. Luka can carry the team on many nights but he needs help and outside of KP you have a bunch of streaky players that may or may not show up. A reliable and solid third scorer would make me more optimistic.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #588
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

And BTW... Vucevic to Chicago.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #589
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
And BTW... Vucevic to Chicago.
Not for much either....maybe it was the 1st rounders but as of now but Wendell Carter and Porter isn't much to give up for arguably one of the best big men in the league right now. I'd probably put him behind Embid, Jokic, KAT........
Old 03-25-2021, 10:32 AM   #590
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Fournier to the Celtics for 2 second round picks
Old 03-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #591
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
After seeing what Phoenix has done this off season and how those moves instantly made them top 4 out west this year I have to admit that fuels some of my frustration with the Mavs.

Sometimes you just have to go for it especially when you have young talent like Luka and KP on the roster already.

Phoenix has Booker and Ayton and they felt like Paul was the guy regardless of his age that could speed up the process to winning right away.

The Mavs seem too content on staying the course with solid guys on the rosters but not guys who will elevate your team to that next level.

I get it cap space is important but sometimes I feel like they rely on cap space waiting on a big fish and they let other quality starting caliber players get away.

It won't shock me at all if James Johnson expiring contract is still on this roster after the deadline.

Guy's like Buddy Hield and Oladipo are probably at all the time low in terms of trade value.

Gordon is obviously going to cost you something but he's a legit starter and impact talent that may be worth losing a guy like Kleber, DFS or THJ.

He just does a multiple of things and you can clearly see if you put in that Powell role offensively in Dallas next to Luka he would turn into a All-Star level type of player with All Defensive team ability.

They will probably end up in the buy out market and come away with the least desirable type of player like they did with MKG from last year.

Yeah when there were rumblings about Oladipo and Lavine.....I really wanted both. Most were scared of the injuries but this is the level of player you need on this team behind Luka.

Kyle Lowry would've also been good.

IF the Mavs would've sucked with Luka for a few years and put some pieces around him I could've got behind that but they missed the chance to build around him with draft picks so now they are kind of stuck in his purgatory where they are fighting for 8th seeds and don't have much trade bait.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:34 AM   #592
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Fournier to the Celtics for 2 second round picks
Damn the Magic are SELLING and haven't traded Gordon yet.....wow. That team is a Gordon away from having Terrence Ross be their best player. Sheesh.....I would've been all in on Fournier for 2 2nd round picks.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:37 AM   #593
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Damn the Magic are SELLING and haven't traded Gordon yet.....wow. That team is a Gordon away from having Terrence Ross be their best player. Sheesh.....I would've been all in on Fournier for 2 2nd round picks.
Yeah that is the stuff that makes me mad

He got traded for peanuts and it was reported for a week that they only wanted 2nd round picks
Old 03-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #594
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Me too. He would’ve really provided an outside scoring punch.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:44 AM   #595
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Me too. He would’ve really provided an outside scoring punch.
He's also a pretty good ball handler and you can go to him late in games if needed.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:07 AM   #596
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

We like our boys in blue.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #597
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Denver close to acquiring Gordon per Shams.

Big time move for them if it happens
Old 03-25-2021, 11:28 AM   #598
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Denver close to acquiring Gordon per Shams.

Big time move for them if it happens
wow are you serious

That's the one guy that I didn't want them to get.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:37 AM   #599
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

Trades official.

Huge trade for Denver.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #600
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Trades official.

Huge trade for Denver.
They have done a great job replacing Plumlee and Grant from last years roster with McGee and Gordon.

I have them as 2nd in the west by seasons end.