Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your suggestions..

What should the Mavs do? Anyone with any type of intelligence at all would agree that the Mavs are in a bad situation...
1. The Nuggets are allowed to pound on any Mavs that takes the ball to the rim often with no call
2. The Nuggets are the recipients of many, many touch fouls when they take the ball to the rim.

What should the Mavs do? Some are upset about the complaining over the officials. Hell, I for one believe that all three officials should be caned after what I saw during the first half of game 1. But how do the Mavs attack Denver? Does anyone believe that if they're even more aggressive that the officials will begin to give the Mavs the benefit of the doubt on the defensive end? I question that considering how many ticky-tack fouls the nuggets were the beneficiary of.... Should the Mavs keep attacking the rim regardless of what's called and what is not?

I'm just curious.. Honestly, if the game is called similar to as it was in the first half of game 1, the Mavs are in deep trouble. I suppose the first thing to do is to not turn the ball over so much which turned into numerous fast break points..

But, what do they do?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Keep driving hard.
It may take some blood and it may take some injury but even referees cannot maintain blatant bias if the Mavs are throwing it up there on national tv over and over. Then again Wade got away with it long enough to win a championship.

It is a difficult spot.

Last edited by mmmfast; 05-04-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typos
mmmfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

At this point we just have to hope that the officiating improves. We have to play agressive and Drive as much as we can and hopefully we are rewarded. We also have to hope that Refs call the games fair. If the games is going to be physical, then the refs have to call it both ways. If the game is going to be ticky-tack foul game, then that also must be called both ways.

If worst comes to worst and we don't get any calls, then we should bring J.J so he can Drive and dish. Its obvious the Nuggets are going to overplay and go for every shotblock, If J.J drives the Nuggets D will commit and all he has to is kick it out to the open shooter.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Foul with the body, and sneer at someone afterward.
Don't foul with the hand while you are ducking away.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Cuban needs to get fined and big. He's the only one who can make a difference.

3 new refs will help.

Most importantly someone make sure JKidd isn't on the take from some bookie like he obviously was for game 1.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Feed Dirk every time down the floor and let him embarrass the hell out of them until we MAKE them double him and adjust to our style. Once they start doubling we'll have the clear advantage.

There isn't one player on that team that can guard Dirk. He needs to go out there with the mindset that he's going to score 100 and dare Denver to try and stop him.

And we need to play better defense. Make them hit jump shots. No more cuts to the basket, no alley oops, etc.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 05-04-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Go for the ball and knock a Thugget on his behind. If you're worried about suspensions, etc. then have Singleton and Hollins do to the dirty work. There's no other way to level the playing field in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Enough is enough...take it to Denver with full physical force.

I'm not talking about injuring anyone, but I am talking about being extremely physical.

If the refs call fouls against Dallas, then so be it...I would love to see EVERYONE on the Mavs FOUL OUT!!! Make sure that the level of officiating is so horrible that it forces the NBA to stop!!!

Heck, I think the fans should jump into the action when the games come back to Dallas.

BOOOO the officials and anytime anyone from the NBA office is seen, launch the verbal booing!!! If I recall, back in the old days, when a play was being performed and the performance was horrible, the audience would throw rotten food at the actors on the stage. So, use the rotten food from the arena and throw it at the refs!!!

Again...NO FIGHTS...but make a huge statement!!!

Force the NBA to either CALL the fouls...or kick the Mavs out of the league...it doesn't matter!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
alphamav

alphamav is on a distinguished road

Protect the ball and limit the turnovers would be the best place to start. Poor officiating or not, our Mavs aren't going to win on the road with poor ball handling. A defensive tweak on Nene is also a needed adjustment.
alphamav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just stand around and throw the ball away every other possession and as the game progresses just keep launching jumpshot after jumpshot. Then on defense keep reaching in and not bother to move their feet. When they DO have to foul make it soo weak that everyone not a Nugget fan disagrees and becomes disgusted and blames mostly the officiating. Then after the blowout they can complain about the officials and we can come in here and talk about how bad the game of basketball ball in general has gotten because we got the bad calls in game 1. Maybe we can get this board looking like the Spurs board if we keep up the conspiracy stuff.

Regardless of Stern, Crawford or the Nuggets thuggish ways, they have to strap it up and take it to the hole without fear! Jho, Dirk, JEt, Kidd, all of them have to be agressive. F them attitude, foul hard when they bring their mess in the paint. Make the fouls count, punch first etc. We got some poor calls that game IMO but they were more agressive period so we can't say we left it ALL out on the court and the officials took it away. Thats not right. The only way to approach this series from here out and we are already one game late is to attack and not worry about the shot blockers, get to their body, make contact and get to the foul line consistently. The good thing is they can start tomorrow and it is only one game. Obviously this is where you go hard or go home!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

if denver is going to go to the line 36 times no matter what, get your moneys worth and start sending enforcers in.

go for the ball with your hand and their head with your elbow.

they are getting their ft attepts. inflict some damage.

if we had done this in the finals, the mavs would have rings.

wade has firmly established himself as a total pussy and if he eats some elbows hes gonna be a spectator.

the nuggets arent as pussy as wade, no one in the league is, but hell, if they are going to get the whistle, make them earn it.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
ryttingm

ryttingm is on a distinguished road

Before you start complaining about the refs, take a closer look at the data. In game 1 Dallas took a total of 82 shots with 60 of those shots being jumpers at a rate of 72%. The nuggets on the other hand took a total of 73 shots with 39 being jumpers at a rate of 53%. Denver was clearly more aggressive taking the ball to the hole. These numbers don't even take into account the times that the person was fouled. The nuggets spent a lot more time attacking the basket and were rewarded by going to the foul line. Nuggets have lead the league all year in FT attempts because of their aggressive attacking offense, nothing has changed here.
ryttingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
nuggetsbrick

nuggetsbrick will become famous soon enough

First thing you have to do is send one of your young reserve centers at Nene. Nene gets frustrated easily and is prone to foul trouble. He also gets called for traveling once or twice a game. That will mean Bird has to play extended minutes and he's not going to play like he did yesterday every night.

And your guards have to take care of the ball. Your guards are good so I don't expect so many turnovers next time.

And quit being such whiny bitches.
nuggetsbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsbrick View Post

lol.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Enough is enough...take it to Denver with full physical force.

I'm not talking about injuring anyone, but I am talking about being extremely physical.
I wouldn't mind seeing J. R. Smith injured.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I think the mavs should massively re-tool their roster before game two if they want to make any meaningful adjustment.

I think the disparity in fouls called and free throws attempted stems more from a great disparity in athleticism than any other factor. When Nene is running down the middle of a wide open lane, and most of the mavericks team is diving out of his way, it's hard for the mavs to commit any kind of foul that isn't a ticky tack foul....

....conversely, when 5 or 6 nuggests seemingly converge upon dirk instantaneously and on all sides of him, things tend to get pretty physical because they are in good position not because there beating upon him vigoursly....

that is, fouls are more related to footwork than physicality.

also, any [colorful expletive deleted] nugget troll who may be inclined to agree with me should first shove his head in an oven and turn the gas up really, really high.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-04-2009 at 03:32 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I think the mavs should massively re-tool their roster before game two if they want to make any meaningful adjustment.
Winner...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-04-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole athletic thing is more than a bit bogus. A foul is a foul... especially when they're obvious calls. Sure, sometimes the speed of the game can make it more difficult to officiate.. but an obvious foul should be called.

And yes, the tag about hidding via the miracle of the tag is mine.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-04-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #19
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I think you play

Damp/Hollins
Dirk
Josh/Wirght
Jet
Kidd for as long as you can without killing them. 40+ minutes for everyone and then Wright and Hollins get the rest...maybe some JJ

Like everyone say foul hard...having said all that I dont thin that we are in as much trouble because like I said before I just dont see Kidd having 8 TO again. Half of the TOs the team had were not really forced..soo cut down on the TOs and play smart and we should be OK

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 05-04-2009 at 03:44 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
And yes, the tag about hidding via the miracle of the tag is mine.
I tagged a thread once...

(and I have no idea who mentioned MY name in the tags - it was probably me...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-04-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #21
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Feed Dirk every time down the floor and let him embarrass the hell out of them until we MAKE them double him and adjust to our style. Once they start doubling we'll have the clear advantage.

There isn't one player on that team that can guard Dirk. He needs to go out there with the mindset that he's going to score 100 and dare Denver to try and stop him.

And we need to play better defense. Make them hit jump shots. No more cuts to the basket, no alley oops, etc.
quoted cause its good
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #22
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Drive to the basket more and dare the refs to call game two as badly as they did game one.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #23
johnnydb

johnnydb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
Before you start complaining about the refs, take a closer look at the data. In game 1 Dallas took a total of 82 shots with 60 of those shots being jumpers at a rate of 72%. The nuggets on the other hand took a total of 73 shots with 39 being jumpers at a rate of 53%. Denver was clearly more aggressive taking the ball to the hole. These numbers don't even take into account the times that the person was fouled. The nuggets spent a lot more time attacking the basket and were rewarded by going to the foul line. Nuggets have lead the league all year in FT attempts because of their aggressive attacking offense, nothing has changed here.
Great points - finally realizing what really happened last night, rather than blaming the refs for the loss.
johnnydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #24
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to show the league, then you have to have an enforcer that is expecting to get suspended.

The only way to show Stern that you want it officiated fairly is to injure a star, so that people are agast at what happened. Expect the suspension. Expect the fine.

If you tell Stern that if he won't have it officiated fairly, that you will resolve the issue, then have player X fall on Star Y........which will cause the ratings to go way down because Star Y isn't playing now -- then you will get some action from the league.

As it is -- the league will control the outcomes, just like they have for years. It makes business sense. It makes money. And frankly, as long as they make money, then they don't care because "IT IS A BUSINESS". Players tell you this many times a year, and fans don't listen.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
When Nene is running down the middle of a wide open lane, and most of the mavericks team is diving out of his way, it's hard for the mavs to commit any kind of foul that isn't a ticky tack foul....

....conversely, when 5 or 6 nuggests seemingly converge upon dirk instantaneously and on all sides of him, things tend to get pretty physical because they are in good position not because there beating upon him vigoursly....

that is, fouls are more related to footwork than physicality.

I think it's our mentality. Dallas doesn't many starters that are going to think hard foul as a first reaction, putting guys on the floor for barrelling down the paint just isn't an instinct for our guys. So until they are frustrated things like Nene blowing down the lane for a dunk with at most a wrist swipe is normal.

Denver may have better positioning but I believe we have been in great position to drop them in the paint and get our moneys worth on fouls. It just needs to be brought up to the forefront by coaches more often than other teams.

I

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #26
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsbrick View Post
First thing you have to do is send one of your young reserve centers at Nene. Nene gets frustrated easily and is prone to foul trouble. He also gets called for traveling once or twice a game. That will mean Bird has to play extended minutes and he's not going to play like he did yesterday every night.

And your guards have to take care of the ball. Your guards are good so I don't expect so many turnovers next time.

Squeeze his balls when he takes it to the hole!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #27
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I tagged a thread once...

(and I have no idea who mentioned MY name in the tags - it was probably me...)
Ah, but you are not a mod
Old 05-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #28
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Unforced errors must go. No more stupid turnovers. Realize that its OK to give the ball to Dirk every single time down the floor, if he's hot or if he's making the right passes.

Reffing did not lose us the game. It was bad, real bad, but how do you explain the turnovers and whatnot?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #29
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I think we did a good job! What killed us was the turn overs, and the horrifying incident with Howard and Dampier

Kidd is Kidd. He won't make those turnovers the next game and obviously Denver is going to play the passing lanes so he is going to change things up a little bit and Kidd being the veteran point guard won't have a problem with change (most likely).

Jason Terry obviously is put at a disadvantage with the height mismatch with JR Smith but if Denver is going to switch on the two man play (Dirk & Jet) pick and rolls then have Jet take the mismatch and pull up for a jumper off the dribble or kick back out to Dirk. A lot of things happen when Dirk and Jet play together. It is evident throughout this season.

Howard isn't a premier defender but we really got lucky Melo got those early fouls. His main priority is to keep Melo in check and hopefully our bench and Dirk & Jet will contribute a load of points allowing Howard to quietly hit the occasional dagger or drive at will.

I truly hope Bass isn't giving in to this pressure he has been great this post season and last post season. Hopefully he'll come through.

Just my two cents. Everyone wants to be a coach right? Lol
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #30
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even buy the Turnovers crap actually, if the refs had called the fouls they were letting the Thuggets get away with all game. Most of the guys forcing the turnovers would have been on the bench. You can't force turnovers from the bench, right? And BTW on those "clean" steals J-Kidd was getting hacked as he was making the pass.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #31
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Playoff basketball at it's thuggish slowdown best.

Mavs too soft. Their bench showed up, ours did not. Kidd and billups were equally bad. Barea should not be starting. Jones took midget to the post way too often in the 3rd....chalk that up to Karl adjustments.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #32
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

this is a bad matchup for the mavs, just like the warriors were two years ago...Dirk isn't thuggish enough to go toe to toe with these guys in a 7 game series. Nobody on this team has a mean streak, and Bass is too short to play in this series. Mavs still don't have a legit second scorer who can slash to the bucket -- Howard is always injured these days, and he's just a jump shooter anyway - if his shots don't fall, the mavs get blown out. Kidd can't get you 15 points every game like he did in game 1, so don't even expect that from him.

Denver might get a sweep here, barring a 65% shooting game from the mavs. I'm expecting another blowout in game 2, and two close losses at home for the mavs - good night and good luck.

Denver will get beat down by the lakers in the conference finals though..the thuggery won't work against LA's frontline or against a guy by the name of Kobe Bryant.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #33
LSMF
Diamond Member

From lurking around other forums it seems everyone including Mavs fans think we're done. I just hope our Mavs aren't thinking that way. No quitting allowed!!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #34
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s View Post
this is a bad matchup for the mavs, just like the warriors were two years ago...Dirk isn't thuggish enough to go toe to toe with these guys in a 7 game series. Nobody on this team has a mean streak, and Bass is too short to play in this series. Mavs still don't have a legit second scorer who can slash to the bucket -- Howard is always injured these days, and he's just a jump shooter anyway - if his shots don't fall, the mavs get blown out. Kidd can't get you 15 points every game like he did in game 1, so don't even expect that from him.

Denver might get a sweep here, barring a 65% shooting game from the mavs. I'm expecting another blowout in game 2, and two close losses at home for the mavs - good night and good luck.

Denver will get beat down by the lakers in the conference finals though..the thuggery won't work against LA's frontline or against a guy by the name of Kobe Bryant.

Ive been reading posts like this all day. And Im pissed.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #35
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Ive been reading posts like this all day. And Im pissed.
I agree.

Denver is good. I still predict a Mavericks victory over all, but Denver is a good team. They may win this series.

But they are not good enough to sweep us.

If WE play better, then we will win. Most of the team was horrid. Its hard for 7 players to suck for 4 games in a row. If we can just more than A SINGLE PLAYER who shows up for the game (Josh does get a pass with his ankle, but Dirk was really the only one to show up), then we're going to win a couple, at least.

Dirk needs support. His teammates need to give him support. But one thing they have to realize is that they are giving SUPPORT. Dirk is the main guy here. If Dirk's on, give him the ball, and if he's not, still give him the ball.

That's something that has annoyed me about this team over the last few months. Dirk is not being treated as a superstar by his team (*insert rant about refs here*). He'll make a couple shots, but then Josh will go jack up a jumper and not even look at Dirk. I mean, its OK if Kidd has an open 3, or JET has an open 3, especially if they are recieving a pass from a double-teamed Dirk, but Dirk is the superstar. We have to make sure he gets the ball, and he gets some shots.

Dirk took 2 shots in a 6 minute stretch in the 4th, when Denver blew us away. Granted, stupid turnovers were some of the cause. Tight, likely illegal defense on Dirk was part of that. But when we're struggling, the superstar needs to get shots.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #36
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Someone said the disparity in fouls/FT was due to athleticism.

That simply is not true . The Nuggets are indeed one of the best in league at getting to line, and Mavs are one of the worst. But 36-13? Nugs average 30 FT per game, and give up 27 FT per game. They hack... A LOT. Personally I believe Dirk deserved 6 more free throw attempts.

Also Mavs shot PLENTY of free throws in the regular season v Nugs if I recall correctly. That's the only reason we were in it until final minute last game w/o Kidd/JHo despite shooting 35%.

People said we need to drive to hole more. I don't buy that, the Mavs shot 49% for the game so all things considered, when they weren't turning the ball over incessantly, the offensive was efficient. And well, does it make a difference howoften Mavs attacked the hole? Stats indicate this Crawford guy has a vendetta against the Mavs!

Furthermore I believe Dirk WAS driving to the hole, getting hit, and the fouls didnt get called!

How else would the Nuggets accumulate 11 blocks anyway? (or somethin like that). Mavs aggression offense was not an issue, only 1 of those blocks, to my knowledge, came off a jumper.

So it is somewhat of a double edged sword when attacking basket v Nugs due to their amazing shot blocking presences.

All I can say is cut down on the turnovers, hit jumpers. Let the chips fall where they may

Last edited by ghazi; 05-04-2009 at 06:34 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #37
LSMF
Diamond Member

I simply refuse to believe were done. I refuse. We are not done and we are not getting swept. That is all.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Squeeze his balls when he takes it to the hole!
I believe Nene only has one left to squeeze.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #39
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
What you're missing is WHY the Mavs didn't take it to the hole more. They tried, they tried a lot in the first half. When they did, they'd get hammered, ended up on the floor (sometimes before they could even get a shot up), no foul would be called, and Denver would run off down the floor on a breakaway.

Now how many times do you do that before you give up and try something else?
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #40
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
What you're missing is WHY the Mavs didn't take it to the hole more. They tried, they tried a lot in the first half. When they did, they'd get hammered, ended up on the floor (sometimes before they could even get a shot up), no foul would be called, and Denver would run off down the floor on a breakaway.

Now how many times do you do that before you give up and try something else?
Is it 2006 again?

Tags
but is he the god?, filthy taggots, got a bit fluffy in here, hiding from murph, look at me im important, look@mypointlesthred.com, murph is a god, underdog is a god in bed, underdog=birdman