Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #481
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I am not debating get rid of Romo..I just think he just does not make good choices when we need him in what I consider as big games. I think he does NOT take the game serious. I think he has not put in the extra time learning how to win games. I think he smiles too much (LOL), I think he puts his stats first. I think he thinks he is Favre, and trys to play exactly like him, I think the limelight has gotten to him and he has the big head. These are all the things I think about Romo. I think all of them are fixable, but for a team built to win right now, I think Romo needs to take the next step to win now...IMO
Well that's like.... your opinion man. (too easy)

Ok.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #482
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
WTF is a mental midget? Seriously what's the definition of that? I don't even know what's being debated anymore lol. You call him a mental midget but what quarterback isn't in his 1st two years in the league? Now i'm sure you'll bring up the exception of Roethlisberger who btw didn't play well at all in that Super Bowl run. His team won that game. Had nothing to do with Roethlisberger.
You kinda got in near the middle. All I was saying was that Romo just makes too many dumb mistakes. Then a couple of people asked me which QB's I would take over Romo, so I named them. I never said get rid of Romo, I just answered their question.

Be honest, Aren't you tired of the dumb ass Romo mistakes that just seem to come at the damnest time???????? I want him to just grow up, and learn how to manage the game like the great ones did when they were young.

Lets equate it to Air Jordan. Air Jordan was around when his team had NOTHING on the team besides him, so he had to be Air Jordan. Then it got to a point to where people said Air Jordan would never win in the playoffs because of the selfishness of Air Jordan more concerned about his stats. That team was NOT built to win now.

Once they got some pieces to win now, he became Jordan. Jordan took the next step to win in the playoffs and go deep in the playoffs. He learned and took his bumps and bruises from the Pistons in the East.

Once he mastered that, he became MJ, and there was no stopping him, because the team was finally built to win "NOW" and that was history, he was unstoppable.

I see Romo as Air Jordan with a team to win 'Now"....See what I am saying???
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #483
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think you are holding him to really high standards with this MJ comparison. You are talking about the GOAT here.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #484
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
I still think you are holding him to really high standards with this MJ comparison. You are talking about the GOAT here.
Yeah, but Air Jordan was not GOAT......I am trying to show you an example of a great players evolving to win....Do you remember Air Jordan? If you do, then you remember that people talked about him like a dog. Other than the fans, every media outlet and personalities talked about him that he would NEVER win a title. They said he was NOT a team player and that he could never be the GOAT..

I gave Air Jordan an excuse, because the Bulls had surrounding him, so he had to be Air Jordan....

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-10-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #485
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, but Air Jordan was not GOAT......I am trying to show you an example of a great players evolving to win....Do you remember Air Jordan? If you do, then you remember that people talked about him like a dog. Other than the fans, every media outlet and personalities talked about him that he would NEVER win a title. They said he was NOT a team player and that he could never be the GOAT..

I gave Air Jordan an excuse, because the Bulls had surrounding him, so he had to be Air Jordan....
What does any of this rambling have to do with Tony Romo???

Unlike basketball, it takes an entire team to win in football (Romo ain't passing to himself!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-10-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #486
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What stats did you show that proved your point? If you could have shown me that we were losing and we were getting nowhere on the ground and had to put it in the air, I could understand..

We dont agree and that is the problem. If you did indeed agree that Romo was throwing like crap all night long, then you could clearly see we were winning because of Choice and the defense......The reason the score was as close was because of crappy throwing Romo, and the clincher was the INT for a TD...Plain and simple. Anything else is just hear say...
Silk, do you even know what we're talking about anymore? What was your point with posting the last two series of the game? Did you post it for the sake of posting? Please try explaining how those two series support your points.

As for this bewildering post, I first showed you the stat that EVERY Q4 run by Choice was 2 yards or less (not gonna net a first down). I then showed you the stat that while we lost the lead, Romo had no incomplete passes, 3 completed short passes, and 4 runs that went nowhere. That got us 2 punts and 10 Pittsburgh points. No hearsay...just a play-by-play transcript. Ball don't lie.

My theory is that all you want to talk about is the interception. It has consumed you mind, body and soul. While very sad, I too wish it hadn't happened. So I can empathize with your insane obsession. But your complaint/solution is "Why couldn't Romo have just managed the game like Delhomme did... hand the ball to Choice or worst case make short throws."

Fin and I repeatedly pointed out that, well, that's exactly what Romo did for the first two possessions of the Fourth Quarter. The result sucked. Worse than "losing" at the time we tried your solution, WE WERE WINNING. We pissed away the lead by flawlessly doing exactly what you called for. Hooray.

To summarize for you, my point is "your solution sucks because we tried it in game and we lost the lead." No, no no: nothing about Romo being the king of chokers vs. the king of kings. Just "your solution sucks."

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #487
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Romo still the man to bring Dallas Cowboys a playoff payoff
by Jean-Jacques Taylor

link

IRVING – Tony Romo played an awful game against Pittsburgh. No one disputes that.

He's flawed just like every NFL quarterback not named Tom Brady.

But the best chance the Cowboys have to ever win another playoff game – it's 11 seasons and counting – let alone a Super Bowl, is with Romo at quarterback. If you can't figure that out, then we probably need to revoke your NFL Fan Club card.

Seriously, given his age and ability, who would you trade the 28-year-old Romo for in today's NFL?

Do you want Brady, who'll be coming off a serious knee injury next season? What about 32-year-old Peyton Manning, who passed for 125 yards and two interceptions against that vaunted Cleveland defense two weeks ago?

Still, I won't argue if you want to make a deal for either one of those guys.

Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger have Super Bowl rings, but let's not act like either one of them led their respective teams to titles. Those teams were built around defense and running the ball.

For the most part, Manning and Roethlisberger each did a masterful job of managing the game. That's it.

I'll pass on them.

Drew Brees has been to the NFC Championship Game, and Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan have potential but nothing more. You might as well keep Romo.

Now do you understand why I consistently write Romo ranks among the game's top five quarterbacks?

More important, I can't forget the quarterback play that ranged from abject to average during the 86 games between the end of Troy Aikman's reign and the start of Romo's.

Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

No wonder the Cowboys went 38-48 during that span.

Heck, we just finished watching three weeks of Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger last month. Rumor has it, T.O. and Jason Witten still wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Winning is a process. It takes time, whether you want to deal with that reality or not. You can't rush it.

Romo will make just his 37th regular-season start Sunday night against the Giants. He's still maturing, evolving and learning how to control his impulse to gamble.

That said, I bet you weren't asking him to play it safe against Pittsburgh when he spent 10 seconds eluding the pass rush before throwing a perfect pass off his back foot to T.O., who was blanketed by a defender in the back of the end zone but managed to catch the pass, giving Dallas a 10-3 lead.

Nope, you were jumping off your couch, spilling your beer and marveling at Romo's athleticism.

That's the problem. You can't put restraints on Romo.

His creativity and ability to make big plays out of chaos is what makes him special. Otherwise, he's just another good athlete from Burlington, Wis.

You know what they say, "The same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry."

None of this means we should ignore Romo's 4-6 record in December. Or his 0-2 record as a playoff starter.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't demand a season-saving performance against New York, but it doesn't mean he's a bum if he doesn't deliver one.

Don't misunderstand, you have every right to hold Romo to the highest of standards. I do.

His contract and performance the last two seasons demands it. So does the legacy of Cowboys quarterbacks.

Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman have set the bar Hall of Fame high, and as much as Danny White gets dissed, he followed a legend and took the Cowboys to three NFC Championship Games.

He deserves your respect.

Romo's cocky with a tinge of arrogance – all of the good ones are – which is why he doesn't fear success. You never get the feeling pressure bothers him. That's why he'll ultimately win games in the postseason.

Just wait, maybe longer than you want, but you'll see.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #488
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Silk, do you even know what we're talking about anymore? What was your point with posting the last two series of the game? Did you post it for the sake of posting? Please try explaining how those two series support your points.

As for this bewildering post, I first showed you the stat that EVERY Q4 run by Choice was 2 yards or less (not gonna net a first down). I then showed you the stat that while we lost the lead, Romo had no incomplete passes, 3 completed short passes, and 4 runs that went nowhere. That got us 2 punts and 10 Pittsburgh points. No hearsay...just a play-by-play transcript. Ball don't lie.

My theory is that all you want to talk about is the interception. It has consumed you mind, body and soul. While very sad, I too wish it hadn't happened. So I can empathize with your insane obsession. But your complaint/solution is "Why couldn't Romo have just managed the game like Delhomme did... hand the ball to Choice or worst case make short throws."

Fin and I repeatedly pointed out that, well, that's exactly what Romo did for the first two possessions of the Fourth Quarter. The result sucked. Worse than "losing" at the time we tried your solution, WE WERE WINNING. We pissed away the lead by flawlessly doing exactly what you called for. Hooray.

To summarize for you, my point is "your solution sucks because we tried it in game and we lost the lead." No, no no: nothing about Romo being the king of chokers vs. the king of kings. Just "your solution sucks."

I see you dont get it so dont worry about it... I will not explain ANY LONGER why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and why I answered someones question about what QB's I felt was better than Romo, and why I answered someones question on what my definition of "Big Games" is....

If my solution of Romo learning to manage games better and learning how to play better under pressure is not right to you, then so be it...You can just continue to look over all the shortcomings of Romo because there are some things he does very well. That is just on you....I am done, Romo is a "Mental Midget", and until his Football IQ gets better, the Cowboys will continue to come up short most of the time when it counts in my definition of
"Big Games".....IMO...So, there is no arguement. I have use IMO many times, and you have argued it everytime. You cant argue my opinion...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #489
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What does any of this rambling have to do with Tony Romo???

Unlike basketball, it takes an entire team to win in football (Romo ain't passing to himself!)
You have failed to keep up, so I would figure you dont know what I am talking about. Lastly, it takes an ENTIRE team to win in basketball as well. Case in point last nights game against the Spurs.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #490
Underdog

Quote:
I will not explain ANY LONGER why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and why I answered someones question about what QB's I felt was better than Romo, and why I answered someones question on what my definition of "Big Games" is....
This will be your last post in this thread if you stick to your word... Why set yourself up for hypocrisy? We all know you'll keep rambling as long as we keep responding...

Romo is a choker/mental midget/not Jake Delhomme - we get it, you've made your point (we just don't agree with it...)

Now rest your case - you don't get extra CREDIT for posting the same thing over & over again...

Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #491
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Romo still the man to bring Dallas Cowboys a playoff payoff
by Jean-Jacques Taylor

link

IRVING – Tony Romo played an awful game against Pittsburgh. No one disputes that.

He's flawed just like every NFL quarterback not named Tom Brady.

But the best chance the Cowboys have to ever win another playoff game – it's 11 seasons and counting – let alone a Super Bowl, is with Romo at quarterback. If you can't figure that out, then we probably need to revoke your NFL Fan Club card.

Seriously, given his age and ability, who would you trade the 28-year-old Romo for in today's NFL?

Do you want Brady, who'll be coming off a serious knee injury next season? What about 32-year-old Peyton Manning, who passed for 125 yards and two interceptions against that vaunted Cleveland defense two weeks ago?

Still, I won't argue if you want to make a deal for either one of those guys.

Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger have Super Bowl rings, but let's not act like either one of them led their respective teams to titles. Those teams were built around defense and running the ball.

For the most part, Manning and Roethlisberger each did a masterful job of managing the game. That's it.

I'll pass on them.

Drew Brees has been to the NFC Championship Game, and Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan have potential but nothing more. You might as well keep Romo.

Now do you understand why I consistently write Romo ranks among the game's top five quarterbacks?

More important, I can't forget the quarterback play that ranged from abject to average during the 86 games between the end of Troy Aikman's reign and the start of Romo's.

Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

No wonder the Cowboys went 38-48 during that span.

Heck, we just finished watching three weeks of Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger last month. Rumor has it, T.O. and Jason Witten still wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Winning is a process. It takes time, whether you want to deal with that reality or not. You can't rush it.

Romo will make just his 37th regular-season start Sunday night against the Giants. He's still maturing, evolving and learning how to control his impulse to gamble.

That said, I bet you weren't asking him to play it safe against Pittsburgh when he spent 10 seconds eluding the pass rush before throwing a perfect pass off his back foot to T.O., who was blanketed by a defender in the back of the end zone but managed to catch the pass, giving Dallas a 10-3 lead.

Nope, you were jumping off your couch, spilling your beer and marveling at Romo's athleticism.

That's the problem. You can't put restraints on Romo.

His creativity and ability to make big plays out of chaos is what makes him special. Otherwise, he's just another good athlete from Burlington, Wis.

You know what they say, "The same thing that makes you laugh will make you cry."

None of this means we should ignore Romo's 4-6 record in December. Or his 0-2 record as a playoff starter.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't demand a season-saving performance against New York, but it doesn't mean he's a bum if he doesn't deliver one.

Don't misunderstand, you have every right to hold Romo to the highest of standards. I do.

His contract and performance the last two seasons demands it. So does the legacy of Cowboys quarterbacks.
Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman have set the bar Hall of Fame high, and as much as Danny White gets dissed, he followed a legend and took the Cowboys to three NFC Championship Games.

He deserves your respect.

Romo's cocky with a tinge of arrogance – all of the good ones are – which is why he doesn't fear success. You never get the feeling pressure bothers him. That's why he'll ultimately win games in the postseason.

Just wait, maybe longer than you want, but you'll see.
WOW!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! So, I wonder what screen name Jean is on this message board. That article seems like it was directly taken from this thread...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #492
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see you dont get it so dont worry about it... I will not explain ANY LONGER why I called Romo a "Mental Midget" and why I answered someones question about what QB's I felt was better than Romo, and why I answered someones question on what my definition of "Big Games" is....

If my solution of Romo learning to manage games better and learning how to play better under pressure is not right to you, then so be it...You can just continue to look over all the shortcomings of Romo because there are some things he does very well. That is just on you....I am done, Romo is a "Mental Midget", and until his Football IQ gets better, the Cowboys will continue to come up short most of the time when it counts in my definition of
"Big Games".....IMO...So, there is no arguement. I have use IMO many times, and you have argued it everytime. You cant argue my opinion...
I can agree that he needs to prove himself--many great QB's in the past have.

Regardless of winning a big game, he's never gonna get the credit he deserves until he wins the big one.

This isn't to say that I'm not glad he's the QB of America's Team.

I just dread thinking about past QB's we've had after Troy...don't really want to go there. We are so blessed to have Romo. I don't think anybody can hate on him with that in mind.

Live by Romo, Die by Romo.

(Live plz)

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 12-10-2008 at 12:53 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #493
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
This will be your last post in this thread if you stick to your word... Why set yourself up for hypocrisy? We all know you'll keep rambling as long as we keep responding...

Romo is a choker/mental midget/not Jake Delhomme - we get it, you've made your point (we just don't agree with it...)

Now rest your case - you don't get extra CREDIT for posting the same thing over & over again...
I said EXPLAIN my view points any longer on those issues. Now, I will keep posting in this thread, so you wont get any "CREDIT" for being an "XPERT" for not following my post..
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #494
Underdog

Quote:
WOW!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! So, I wonder what screen name Jean is on this message board. That article seems like it was directly taken from this thread...
No, douche - it's just common sense (everybody can see it but you...)

Old 12-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #495
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I can agree that he needs to prove himself--many great QB's in the past have.

Regardless of winning a big game, he's never gonna get the credit he deserves until he wins the big one.

This isn't to say that I'm not glad he's the QB of America's Team.

I just dread thinking about past QB's we've had after Troy...don't really want to go there. We are so blessed to have Romo. I don't think anybody can hate on him with that in mind.

Live by Romo, Die by Romo.

(Live plz)
I agree 100%, but I think Romo will get some of the monkey off his back when he wins his first playoff game...You are right, we have to live and die by Romo here. We all know that, because we all want the best for our Cowboys.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #496
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

oh mygot! newspaper agree with every1 on d-m.com, wut do i do? must be conspiracy. must be sum1 steal from d-m.com to embarass me.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #497
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
No, douche - it's just common sense (everybody can see it but you...)
Shit-face, Tell me what you think about Romo? Tell me also what you think about Romo having a losing record in December and never winning a playoff game? If you were given a wish right now about getting any 3 QB for the Cowboys, who would you chose and why?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #498
Underdog

Quote:
Shit-face, Tell me what you think about Romo? Tell me also what you think about Romo having a losing record in December and never winning a playoff game? If you were given a wish right now about getting any 3 QB for the Cowboys, who would you chose and why?
I thought you said you were done EXPLAINING your point...

I told you not to set yourself up for hypocrisy...

(and you can answer your questions by going back and reading what I've already typed on the subject - I'm not repeating myself for your convenience...)

Old 12-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #499
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I thought you said you were done EXPLAINING your point...

I told you not to set yourself up for hypocrisy...

(and you can answer your questions by going back and reading what I've already typed on the subject - I'm not repeating myself for your convenience...)
Thanks for explaining how I can go back to re-read what you already typed...And that was for my convenience.....
Old 12-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #500
Underdog

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #501
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
LMAO......

Not at the little boy, but about what you are saying about us.......

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 12-10-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #502
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Damn. Pac-Man's career might be over. Those Steelers were trying to kill him on Sunday....

Quote:
« Del Rio: Jones’ future with Jags remains strong
The man behind the man »
Adam Schefter
Adam Jones out for season, maybe career

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Adam Jones, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

The neck injury that Dallas cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones sustained at Pittsburgh is so serious, it has ended his 2009 season and could end his career, a league source said Wednesday.

When Jones suffered the injury Sunday, his body went numb for two full minutes. Jones spent the early part of this week visiting with neck specialists, who are sending him on to more neck specialists.

Jones will undergo further examination in the Dallas area, and also is trying to schedule another meeting with another neck specialist in North Carolina.

Those who know Jones say he is “definitely done for the year” and he could be done for his career, which would be a massive blow to Jones and another one to the Cowboys.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #503
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, I didn't realize he got hurt that badly. That's going to be a major blow to the secondary.

Funny you mention that about the Steelers trying to hurt him. I'm dead positive I heard the mic pick up on of the Steelers essentially screaming at Pac-Man that they were going injure him after one of the punt returns.

I hate to see it for Pac-Man. Not that he deserved to play in the NFL just for this reason, but I think football is the only thing that can keep him out of trouble. If that's out of his life, what's going to happen to the guy?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #504
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Whoa, I didn't realize he got hurt that badly. That's going to be a major blow to the secondary.

Funny you mention that about the Steelers trying to hurt him. I'm dead positive I heard the mic pick up on of the Steelers essentially screaming at Pac-Man that they were going injure him after one of the punt returns.

I hate to see it for Pac-Man. Not that he deserved to play in the NFL just for this reason, but I think football is the only thing that can keep him out of trouble. If that's out of his life, what's going to happen to the guy?
I heard it as well. It was on a play where I think he ran out of bounds or something. I forget but you could hear them better than ever talk about hurting him. And that play where they just threw him out of the pile I think is where he got hurt at. That was incredible. The play was over and they're sitting there killing the guy. I love tough physical football but they weren't literally trying to end his season. I'd hope there's some tape of this because it was almost on part with that sick Haynesworth incident.

I hope this isn't it for Pac-Man. Not because he's been solid for us in coverage but like you said if he doesn't have this what else is there for him? I sort of assumed he'd throw his career but not by some freak injury.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #505
Underdog

Well, time for T.O. to get hurt - why be the only guy on the roster who hasn't suffered an injury this season?

(might as well shoot himself in the leg like Plax and get it over with...)

Bitch of a season...

Old 12-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #506
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #507
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Fudgesicles. Who the heck are our safeties now? We can't really rotate Henry over if Pacman's out.

LOL @ TO. I guess he's saying he should lead the team sleigh?

EDIT: This article sets out some of our safety depth issues, but is written with the assumption that Pacman is our second corner opposite Newman. Ugh, looks like Tra Battle is the next in line?? If Jenkins and Scandrick are able to go, maybe we can put Henry at free safety and go with Courtney Brown at SS? Blah.

Quote:
Cowboys Dabbling With CB Henry Playing At Safety
Cowboys Dabbling With CB Henry Playing At Safety

IRVING, Texas - It's a move many Cowboys fans have been asking for since this summer and earlier. With all this newfound depth at cornerback, some figured the Cowboys could better use Anthony Henry at safety.

The 32-year-old played free safety his first three years in college at South Florida before moving to cornerback, his primary position these last eight seasons in the NFL. Only Sunday did the Cowboys begin to use Henry as a safety, the 6-1, 207-pounder sliding back in nickel and dime situations opposite free safety Ken

Hamlin, and staying at right cornerback in the base defense.

With season-ending injuries to Roy Williams and Pat Watkins hurting the position's depth, and the return of Adam "Pacman" Jones creating more options at cornerback, the Cowboys decided they could maximize their talent by playing their top four corners at once, even if the Steelers only used three wide receivers.

For the most part, Henry seemed to fit in OK.

Coach Wade Phillips complimented the play of Keith Davis in the base defense, particularly his presence against the run. When Davis left the field with a knee injury shortly before halftime the Cowboys replaced him with first-year safety Tra Battle. Davis returned for the second half, but wore a heavy wrap on the knee and limped badly Monday. He was also scheduled to have an MRI, making his status for Sunday uncertain.

It appears Henry will keep the safety job on sub-packages, but for now at least, Phillips seems to think moving Henry to safety full-time creates more problems than it solves.

"You really have to change things around to put Henry in at strong safety on first and second downs because he's not a strong safety, he's a free safety," Phillips said. "And we've got a free safety in Hamlin, who could play strong safety, but now you're changing two guys at two positions and so forth.

"And we're playing pretty well with our regular group, so it's something we probably wouldn't do far as changing the strong safety and free safety positions. Unless the need comes . . . during the game we told him, 'You're the next guy, so you better be ready.'"

So barring injury, it appears any lasting move to safety for Henry will have to wait until the off-season.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-10-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #508
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I heard it as well. It was on a play where I think he ran out of bounds or something. I forget but you could hear them better than ever talk about hurting him. And that play where they just threw him out of the pile I think is where he got hurt at. That was incredible. The play was over and they're sitting there killing the guy. I love tough physical football but they weren't literally trying to end his season. I'd hope there's some tape of this because it was almost on part with that sick Haynesworth incident.

I hope this isn't it for Pac-Man. Not because he's been solid for us in coverage but like you said if he doesn't have this what else is there for him? I sort of assumed he'd throw his career but not by some freak injury.
Yea I definitiley heard "We're going to hurt you, Pac" after that kick return.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #509
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fudgesicles. Who the heck are our safeties now? We can't really rotate Henry over if Pacman's out.

EDIT: This article sets out some of our safety depth issues, but is written with the assumption that Pacman is our second corner opposite Newman. Ugh, looks like Tra Battle is the next in line?? If Jenkins and Scandrick are able to go, maybe we can put Henry at free safety and go with Courtney Brown at SS? Blah.
It sounds like Hamlin is hurt now too. If he misses the game our secondary will have pretty much withered away into nothingness. Seriously, will these injuries every stop?

As bad as our corner situation is, we still may have no choice about whether to play Henry at safety.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-10-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #510
Underdog

Default Jerry Jones Voodoo Doll

Old 12-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #511
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Geez...when will the injuries end?

Has anything been updated with Barber yet?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #512
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
TO is really smart. I didn't even think of that!

What a strong, subtle (but not really) statement.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #513
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Is that hairy thing in front of him a mic?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #514
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Reindeer penis.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #515
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ Family message board.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #516
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

^^LOL, I am honored to have Flaco as a mod.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 12-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #517
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Uh oh...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

Quote:
Sources: T.O.'s expressed resentment toward Romo
By Ed Werder
ESPN.com

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

"I don't know anything about that," Wade Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.

"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."

Owens declined to discuss the situation on Thursday outside the Cowboys' locker room. As he walked toward the players' lounge at Valley Ranch, ESPN asked Owens if he would answer questions and he said, "Nope.''

Linebacker Bradie James acknowledged to ESPN that his status as one of the team captains has caused him to play a peacemaker role between Romo and Owens.

Mosley:

Cowboys wide receivers Terrell Owens, Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton requested and were granted a meeting with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett to express their concern that quarterback Tony Romo was relying too heavily on close friend and Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten. blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"Whenever the fire gets blazing, I know,'' James said. "Sometimes, I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but we all talk.

"It just is what it is ... It's just two different guys, two different personalities and they know what's at stake. They know that everybody needs them. And there's no dislike. It's just sometimes, not everybody is going to see eye to eye. That's what makes a football team.''

A current Cowboys player compared Owens' behavior to that which led to problems with his former quarterbacks, Jeff Garcia in San Francisco and Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia. Those failed relationships and problems with the head coaches and other teammates led to Owens' exile from those teams and made him available to Dallas owner Jerry Jones in 2006.

"He's insecure about it,'' the player said of Owens. "The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it's always something with him -- San Fran, Philly and here, always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. T.O. talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball.

"That's so far from the truth. You think Tony is throwing to him because that's his buddy? His best buddy is Bobby Carpenter, and that's not helping him too much. It's crazy to think that, and I hate that he acts that way.''

Witten leads the Cowboys with 64 receptions to 55 for Owens, who has a team-high 848 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. According to one of the sources, Owens cannot fathom how Romo and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett justify the tight end having more catches than Owens even though the latter ranks among the most accomplished receivers in NFL history.

There has so far been no known confrontation between Romo and Owens, who have combined for 33 touchdowns since 2006, the most of any quarterback-receiver tandem in the NFL during that time. Romo has always been careful to make certain Owens felt appreciated so that he would compete hard and not cause the kind of upheaval he did with his previous teams.

NFL.com Video

Watch highlights from the Pittsburgh Steelers' 20-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
But one teammate suggested Romo is frustrated enough that he might initiate a different approach, although not the confrontational kind that some believe might solve the problem.

"To be completely honest, I just think Tony is over it, not like, 'Screw it.' But I think Tony is over the mind games,'' the player said. "It would help if Tony would stand up to him, but he would never do it. He does a great job of ignoring it and not letting it affect him, and that's why it has worked as good as it has. It's just hard. I think right now everybody is to the point where, 'We're going to need him, so let's not piss him off.'"

But Owens seems to be finding it increasingly difficult to conceal his irritation. Last week in Pittsburgh, on the first possession of the Cowboys' most important game of the season, a team source who reviewed the game tape said Romo threw an interception when Owens mysteriously failed to complete his route. Troy Polamalu intercepted the ball at the place where Romo expected Owens to be. Later in the half, Romo underthrew a pass for Owens that was intercepted by Ike Taylor and Owens gestured openly in Romo's direction as he walked toward the sideline that the ball should have been thrown further upfield.

But what upset Owens' teammates most of all was his response to the interception Romo threw on a pass intended for Witten that Deshea Townsend returned for the game-winning touchdown in a 20-13 defeat. Both the quarterback and tight end publicly accepted blame for the Cowboys' season-high fifth turnover. In contrast, Owens said the offense stunk, that the team can't win with turnovers like those and then suggested his defender was playing off in single coverage and that he was open but Romo decided to throw elsewhere on the fatal play.

On the sideline, Owens was seen yelling at a Cowboys assistant coach. In his news conference after the game, Owens implied that Romo's decision to throw to Witten was the wrong one, saying, "It's his job to go out there and assess what the defense is, and he made that decision.''

That incensed some Cowboys, one of whom said, "If you only knew all that guy does. It's gonna go down with him before it's all over with. He is unbelievable. Tough loss and he does that?''

Until then, Cowboys insiders considered Owens' most damaging behavior the interview he did with former Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders on the NFL Network in which he suggested Dallas' offensive system under Garrett was responsible for his worst statistical season since his rookie year with the 49ers. Owens also hinted that Romo and the other Dallas quarterbacks who played when the starter was injured were not making getting him the ball a high enough priority. "I can't throw it and catch it,'' Owens said.

At least one prominent Cowboys player was displeased that the coaching staff responded to the criticism by seemingly placating Owens in that Sunday's game against San Francisco, allowing him enough opportunities that he posted his best statistical line as a Cowboy: seven catches for 213 yards, including a 75-yard TD.

"Well, T.O. got his way,'' the player said. "It never fails how we operate around here. Drives me crazy, but what can you do?''

Phillips justified Owens' argument by agreeing that getting him the ball needed to be the first offensive priority, and then owner Jerry Jones further empowered him by claiming he had no issue with anything Owens said in the interview.

Said another source: "What do you think he said after he complained about not getting the ball and then in the San Francisco game he gets 213? He said, 'Look. It works. The more hell I raise, the more I get what I want.'"

Owens in March signed a four-year contract extension worth $34 million, including a $12.9 million signing bonus to bind him to the Cowboys through the 2011 season.

When asked if Romo and Owens were all right together as the team prepares to play the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on Sunday, James said, "Yeah. It's gotta be. It better be.''

The latest controversy comes toward the end of a season that began with Owens saying in training camp that he shared a relationship with Romo that he never had with other quarterbacks with whom he played. That, Owens said, was because Romo knew he was the star of the Cowboys and was not threatened by Owens' status as were previous quarterbacks.

"I guess sometimes I've just been in situations where the quarterbacks felt like I was bigger than them,'' Owens said in July. "And, you know, that was never the case. I felt like whatever I did complemented the quarterback, whatever he did, vice versa. It's just been a situation where things happen, where things didn't work out.''

Romo seemed equally at peace with Owens. "The thing about it is there's a genuine caring about each other. I actually want the guy to succeed. He works hard, he works his butt off. And he cares about the guys, so it's easy to root for a guy like that.

"It's important for us to be on the same page. It's important for us to care about the other one, just because our success is directly related. ... The thing you notice mostly about him is that he talks about 'team' a lot. He wants to win. He understands that, at this stage of his career, he's done all the things individually he can do. Now, it's just a matter of winning.''

Whether it is like that anymore -- and whether the Cowboys can achieve their own stated goals with the relationship between Owens and Romo and Witten being what it is now -- remains to be determined.

Since Romo became Dallas' starter, he has completed more passes to Witten than to Owens, 201-186, although Owens has significantly more yards and three times as many touchdowns.

"You really want to address it with him and say, "Are you serious? Let's cut the s---. But we're trying to win our way into the playoffs and, if something like that happened, if you backed him into a corner, he'd be pissed off and try to fight you or something,'' the current Cowboys player said. "So what do you do? Let it go? Then you're just like everybody else. If he's got a problem and he's upset, clear the air. He should know that everything we do on offense goes through him."

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. ESPN.com's NFL reporter Matt Mosley contributed to this report.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #518
Underdog

The East Coast Media still prays that T.O. will ruin the Cowboys...

Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #519
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Well, I guess it's only a matter of time until we see TO doing shirtless situps in his driveway.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #520
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Ed Werder

Tags
ass hattery, creditxpert2003, douchebaggery, ed werder hates t.o., homo raters, romo haters, romo homers, to + witten = <3