Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #121
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I understand that Bollinger sucks too but he's got to have a stronger arm. We're probably going to lose in New York no matter what we do but If we only score 13 we're definitely going to lose. I think our only shot is to try to hit some big plays down field.

I don't think Johnson is bad compared to Romo, I think he's just bad. Remember, he was cut by that same Vikings team a couple of years ago and this is probably it for him. We'll probably cut him after the season and nobody will pick him up.

Yea but just because Bollinger might have a bigger arm doesn't mean he can't throw interceptions. I think at this point i'd take the safe dump passes by Brad than the potential deep ball of Bollinger. Hopefully Brad just starts for one more week and Romo will be back. I wouldn't automatically assume that the Giants will put up a lot points. Especially if the defense played like they did yesterday. Bollinger has the arm to potentially not only leave points on the board but actually give some to the Giants.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #122
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

The Giants have put up an average of 30.3 points per game this season. This will definitely be a huge test for the Cowboys.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, Brad Johnson made some horrific throws that were just so poor that couldn't be intercepted. He threw an out to TO that was about 5 yards behind TO..and about 3 yards behind the defender. How do you miss an out rout that bad? He missed it by 15 feet.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #124
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

He's pretty horrible if you ask me. You can tell that TO is VERY frustrated, but at the same time he's probably thinking he can't blame Brad because he can't really help it that he sucks so bad.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #125
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

With the Giants game coming up, maybe Sam Paulescu will deliver another tone setting tackle, haha.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #126
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Have BJ start, and if he turns the ball over then pull him.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #127
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
The Giants have put up an average of 30.3 points per game this season. This will definitely be a huge test for the Cowboys.
That stat is a bit skewed. They've only faced 2 decent defenses and that's Washington and Pittsburgh and coincidentally they only put up 16 against Washington and 21 against Pittsburgh and the majority were field goals with the exception of one touchdown by Boss. And i'm not sure how good the Browns defense is since it had problems earlier on in the season but they only put up 14 against them. The Giants haven't been as dominate as they're record and the media suggests. I think this team even without Romo can beat them and its going to be by our defense not the offense. I just hope Brad and the offense can put up 14 or more Sunday.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 10-27-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #128
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
That stat is a bit skewed. They've only faced 2 decent defenses and that's Washington and Pittsburgh and coincidentally they only put up 16 against Washington and 21 against Pittsburgh and the majority were field goals with the exception of one touchdown by Boss. And i'm not sure how good the Browns defense is since it hot problems earlier on in the season but they only put up 14 against them. The Giants haven't been as dominate as they're record and the media suggests. I think this team even without Romo can beat them and its going to be by our defense not the offense. I just hope Brad and the offense can put up 14 or more Sunday.
I have a good feeling about the game, as long as the Dallas D hounds Eli all day. That means we need to get some turnovers here and there.
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #129
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Have BJ start, and if he turns the ball over then pull him.
That's pretty much what you gotta do. You gotta protect him if (holy crap) we have to go back to him again if Romo has a major setback. If he has 1-2 turnovers early and you fall behind 10-14 points, I find it very hard to believe that they'll find a way to comeback unless the D plays balls out and scores for us over and over. Just cut your losses and move on.

They really did take Romo for granted, but most teams do. I imagine less than a quarter of the teams in the league have a rather suitable backup in place for their starting QB. It's definitely something that needs to be addressed...you always have to be prepared.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #130
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That's pretty much what you gotta do. You gotta protect him if (holy crap) we have to go back to him again if Romo has a major setback. If he has 1-2 turnovers early and you fall behind 10-14 points, I find it very hard to believe that they'll find a way to comeback unless the D plays balls out and scores for us over and over. Just cut your losses and move on.

They really did take Romo for granted, but most teams do. I imagine less than a quarter of the teams in the league have a rather suitable backup in place for their starting QB. It's definitely something that needs to be addressed...you always have to be prepared.
I can't think of any backups that are that much better Brad Johnson. What's the guy from the Deadskins who killed it last season when Campbell got hurt? He was damn good. I guess Vince is pretty good. I can't think of too many. I'm not sure if that's a position you can just go out and grab as a free agent. Chances are if the guy was good to begin with he'd be starting. Especially in this league where there's only about 15 good quarterbacks to begin with. Some teams can't even find a good starter. Let's just be thankful we have one. I think with backups you just have to do with some teams have been doing and draft one and let him sit and develop.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 10-27-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #131
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I can't think of any backups that are that much better Brad Johnson. What's the guy from the Deadskins who killed it last season when Campbell got hurt? He was damn good. I guess Vince is pretty good. I can't think of too many. I'm not sure if that's a position you can just go out and grab as a free agent. Chances are if the guy was good to begin with he'd be starting. Especially in this league where there's only about 15 good quarterbacks to begin with. Some teams can't even find a good starter. Let's just be thankful we have one. I think with backups you just have to do with some teams have been doing and draft one and let him sit and develop.
kerry collins is a pretty good backup.

i kinda wish (and this is total hindsight) that the cowboys had gone after Pennington when the jets cut him free.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #132
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Collins, Cassel, Leftwich, Garcia/Griese
maybe Volek

and +1 with the Pennington thought.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #133
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say there's 3-5 backups alone in the NFC East that I'd rather have ahead of Brad Johnson. The whole b.s. about no one having backups is just that.... b.s. Yeah, great backups are hard to come by. However, that doesn't mean that you get a freaking invalid out there trying to play QB.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #134
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'd say there's 3-5 backups alone in the NFC East that I'd rather have ahead of Brad Johnson. The whole b.s. about no one having backups is just that.... b.s. Yeah, great backups are hard to come by. However, that doesn't mean that you get a freaking invalid out there trying to play QB.
Who are they? I agree with Todd or Kerry Collins but Brian Griese? Horrible quarterback. Leftwich spelled Roethlisberger for a series and looked horrible. Matt Cassell? I guess the jury is still out on him but for a guy who hasn't started a game since high school he's exceeded expectations. But I don't see the 3-5 backups in the NFC East that are any good let alone the league. I just take it as a blessin that we have one who isn't turnover prone because unlike when Romo is in there we don't have the scoring power to get us out of a 21 point lead.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #135
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Who are they? I agree with Todd or Kerry Collins but Brian Griese? Horrible quarterback. Leftwich spelled Roethlisberger for a series and looked horrible. Matt Cassell? I guess the jury is still out on him but for a guy who hasn't started a game since high school he's exceeded expectations. But I don't see the 3-5 backups in the NFC East that are any good let alone the league. I just take it as a blessin that we have one who isn't turnover prone because unlike when Romo is in there we don't have the scoring power to get us out of a 21 point lead.
I wasn't basing Leftwich off of one series this year for the Steelers...I was using more of the body of work. Cassel has been good enough to keep the offense affloat. I still think Volek isn't that terrible of an option either.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #136
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If he doesn't lose the game for you (STL game), then keep him in (TB game).

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 10-27-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #137
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I wasn't basing Leftwich off of one series this year for the Steelers...I was using more of the body of work. Cassel has been good enough to keep the offense affloat. I still think Volek isn't that terrible of an option either.
Yea Billy Volek who is he backing up now? Is he on the streets? And I brought up the Leftwich series because that's the only thing we have to go by. He lost his job to Garrard. Not sure what body of work you're looking at.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #138
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Yea Billy Volek who is he backing up now? Is he on the streets? And I brought up the Leftwich series because that's the only thing we have to go by. He lost his job to Garrard. Not sure what body of work you're looking at.

I'd say Atlanta was a wash for him, and it was for any QB trying to fill in for Vick until Ryan came on board this year. The last go round in Jax was eh...but before that he was in all of his "glory." That one series was in the Philly game where Big Ben was eaten alive by the blitz attack. That O-line couldn't protect anyone who was trying to be the QB. Again, I wouldn't use that one mini run as a whole identification of the kind of player he has been.

Volek is Rivers' backup in SD.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-27-2008 at 10:57 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #139
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
That stat is a bit skewed. They've only faced 2 decent defenses and that's Washington and Pittsburgh and coincidentally they only put up 16 against Washington and 21 against Pittsburgh and the majority were field goals with the exception of one touchdown by Boss. And i'm not sure how good the Browns defense is since it had problems earlier on in the season but they only put up 14 against them. The Giants haven't been as dominate as they're record and the media suggests. I think this team even without Romo can beat them and its going to be by our defense not the offense. I just hope Brad and the offense can put up 14 or more Sunday.
Well of course. But, the question is: are we a decent defense? I sure hope so...

Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #140
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I know the initial projection of time that Felix was going to miss was about 2 weeks missed. Anyone know if he is progressing on time? He could end up being a huge boost for us if we can get him back for the Giants game.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 10-28-2008 at 12:19 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #141
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything I read last week was Felix's injury was four weeks.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #142
alby
Guru

Felix is out.

Contact Me
Old 10-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #143
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Felix is out.
Blast!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #144
ty
Diamond Member

How depressing for him to be hurt after such an exciting start to the season.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #145
alby
Guru

I'm happy the injuries are occurring now and not later =]

Contact Me
Old 10-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #146
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, that's considering injuries now don't equate to a higher percentage of injury later.

Don'tcha just hate TNew?

Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #147
alby
Guru

The Cowboys have been extremely lucky when it comes to total injuries in the last 4 years heading into this season. I was worried it was going to be worst actually. If this is it... Felix returning soon, Romo returning soon, Newman returning soon, Spencer returning soon, Kosier returning soon, etc. I am happy with that. We've just hit the halfway mark.

edit*
Witten has a fractured rib.
I hope he sits out until he is fully healed (around a month) and gets healthy for the playoffs. The addition of Roy E. Williams and the drafting of Bennett should be enough toys for Romo to play around with.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 10-28-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #148
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unless of course the injuries occur both now and later.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #149
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Roy Williams with the best Halloween costume of all time?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,117957

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #150
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
They don't have to be 'good' to be better than Brad Johnson. The past two weeks are the worst quarterbacking that I've seen in a Cowboys game in the past 2 decades. Yes, I know that QB's have had worse games statistically, but the statistics don't tell the whole story. Johnson was terrible last week even with a respectable QB rating. He was miserable the week before with a bad QB rating.

Personally, I'd take Collins, Feeley, and Kolb out of the NFC East without a doubt over Brad Johnson. I'd probably take Brennan as well. And honestly, even though I think Carr was pretty bad... I'd take him over Johnson.

Don't give me any b.s. about how he didn't turn the ball over. On more than 2-3 occasions, Johnson was so inaccurate with his throws that even the defender didn't have a chance to make a play. Personally, I don't give credit to a QB for not throwing interceptions when he doesn't have much control over where the ball is going far too often. It was lady luck shining down on his ass.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 PM   #151
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Roy Williams with the best Halloween costume of all time?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,117957
he comes across has as an actual decent guy....isn't that nice.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #152
alby
Guru

Quote:
Unless of course the injuries occur both now and later.
obviously=]

Contact Me
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #153
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
They don't have to be 'good' to be better than Brad Johnson. The past two weeks are the worst quarterbacking that I've seen in a Cowboys game in the past 2 decades. Yes, I know that QB's have had worse games statistically, but the statistics don't tell the whole story. Johnson was terrible last week even with a respectable QB rating. He was miserable the week before with a bad QB rating.

Personally, I'd take Collins, Feeley, and Kolb out of the NFC East without a doubt over Brad Johnson. I'd probably take Brennan as well. And honestly, even though I think Carr was pretty bad... I'd take him over Johnson.

Don't give me any b.s. about how he didn't turn the ball over. On more than 2-3 occasions, Johnson was so inaccurate with his throws that even the defender didn't have a chance to make a play. Personally, I don't give credit to a QB for not throwing interceptions when he doesn't have much control over where the ball is going far too often. It was lady luck shining down on his ass.
Brad Johnson makes Q-Car look like Q-Star.

He's awful. I don't know how he missed Terrell Owens on that one inside the 20. And not only did he miss him, he didn't even come within 5 yards of him. This wasn't a big throw either, maybe 10 yards or so. No way we beat the Giants next week with him at QB. No freakin' way.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #154
ty
Diamond Member

^ Are you suggesting Bollinger? Hmmm?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 AM   #155
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I'm not sure Bollinger is the answer per se, but I don't really see how he can be much of a downgrade from Brad Johnson.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #156
Murphy3
Guru

Bollinger probably isn't the answer. But we know that Johnson isn't the answer to anything related to playing QB in the NFL.

I hope to hell he proves me wrong. But that guy has nothing left in his arm. Plus, he tends to panic and get rid of the ball way to early.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #157
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Brad Johnson makes Q-Car look like Q-Star.

He's awful. I don't know how he missed Terrell Owens on that one inside the 20. And not only did he miss him, he didn't even come within 5 yards of him. This wasn't a big throw either, maybe 10 yards or so. No way we beat the Giants next week with him at QB. No freakin' way.
I've figured it out. It's all a facade!!!!!!!!!!!! BJ has successfully lulled the Giants D into a false sense of security. Before the dust settles, the game will be out of reach... BJ is an evil genius!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #158
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus, he tends to panic and get rid of the ball way to early.
Yeah, he's been playing like he's afraid of letting his 40-year-old body take a hit (I can't blame him, but it's football - sometimes you have to get hit to win...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-29-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #159
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Johnson has been terrible. We definitely need to try out Bollinger.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #160
ty
Diamond Member

This discussion is great.

Pick your poison guys...pick your poison.