Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #121
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

wow....
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #122
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Gee whiz.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #123
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

What a massive letdown...of epic proportions.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #124
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

wow
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #125
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Fatally flawed.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #126
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
DEAD!

Pac-Man needs to go
Wade needs to go
Garrett probably needs to go
Roy needs to come back

I need to hear what your plan is though for a QB...I mentioned my thoughts/concerns at the tail end of the Ravens thread about that. Here is what I said:

Silk, I understand your points and all...but given the nature of the league, what exactly do you think the option is when you say "I will be first in line saying we need to do something about out QB situation real fast."

You can't exactly trade Romo away for a QB, are you going to trade him for pieces? If so...you still are looking for a franchise quarterback. This isn't a very trade friendly league with its superstars. Off the quick glance, via FA, you're looking at Cassel and Garcia. Do those FAs satisfy?
I dont have a plan in mind, but the people that are paid to get this done, should make this a top priority right after this game. Getting a QB here should be something we discuss right now. Salaries are not guaranteed, so I would say there are some players who dont deserve their contract. I dont see us being able to trade Romo, but MAYBE we can sign another QB who slips through the cracks. But, our QB situation has got to be something we address in some type of way. We dont have leadership on or off the field, no coaching leader on offense or defense, the on field leader has to be the QB, and we dont have it as well.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #127
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They have scored twice this half, and our defense hasn't seen the field. Unbelievable.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #128
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Holy moly--did not know Philly was this good
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #129
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

41 to 3.

Way to step up Boys. Other than Witten, and Ware this is the biggest bunch of p*ssies in the NFL. The Lions may be the only worse team. And while they have better records than most... their record to talent level is way out of whack. They suck relative to theit talent.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #130
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

No quarterback in the league would be able to fix this.... Not Brady not Manning.

Romo isn't the problem.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #131
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Windmill,
To be honest getting beat by those two teams are not bad. You can hold your head up high by getting beat by those two teams. The game that cost us the playoffs is the fact we got beat by the St.Louis Rams....Can you believe it, the St.Louis Rams..
Is Romo gettin' blamed for that one too.

Quote:
I dont have a plan in mind, but the people that are paid to get this done, should make this a top priority right after this game. Getting a QB here should be something we discuss right now. Salaries are not guaranteed, so I would say there are some players who dont deserve their contract. I dont see us being able to trade Romo, but MAYBE we can sign another QB who slips through the cracks. But, our QB situation has got to be something we address in some type of way. We dont have leadership on or off the field, no coaching leader on offense or defense, the on field leader has to be the QB, and we dont have it as well.
As long as we're getting PROACTIVE...I think you've beaten the point home to a pulp on how you feel about Romo. The next step is coming up with a plan for if it needs to be fixed.

Either way, I'm not sold Romo needs to flat out be gone from the team.
There are some other major issues with the roster.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-28-2008 at 06:20 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #132
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

so, wade phillips has next year locked down already?

i need a valium.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #133
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Im done watching another year failed
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #134
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Implosion

I have watched a lot of fooball in my day and I don't remember seeing a team get spanked so badly when it counts two week in a row. The two Eagle's TDs off turnovers were like the 2 by Baltimore. The Dallas offense was shredded when it counted unlike anyone I have seen before....
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #135
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
dude....Romo ain't the problem.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #136
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As long as we're getting PROACTIVE...I think you've beaten the point home to a pulp on how you feel about Romo. The next step is coming up with a plan for if it needs to be fixed.

If we are getting rid of Romo, we might as well blow up the entire team. If we are going to call Romo a mental midget that needs to be gotten rid of, we can say the same thing about 75% of this team.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #137
Windmill360
Diamond Member

How can a team be as ill prepared as they have been in this game.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #138
Windmill360
Diamond Member

I'm going to admit that the Roy signing was a mistake.

Color me wrong on that one.

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-28-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #139
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
dude....Romo ain't the problem.
You must have missed the last three weeks alex. This is silk's new bit. Ignore the pile of crap that is the Dallas Cowboys and say how Romo can't get it done. Whatever.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #140
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Romo may not be the problem for this game but he is a problem on the Cowboys. Can the Boys get something better? I have no idea. But I would draft a QB in the draft this year.

No one knew Brady was going to be who he was at draft time.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #141
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who wants to get rid of Romo is a moron.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #142
chumdawg
Guru

Romo is AWFUL today.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #143
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This game is taking forever...the third quarter has been especially prolonged.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #144
Bayliss

This is worse than the Seattle game. They should just take a knee for 3 downs. The Philly defense is better than Philly's offense.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #145
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Worst season in Cowboys history.

period.

Not even the 1-15 season is as bad as this.

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-28-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #146
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Romo may not be the problem for this game but he is a problem on the Cowboys. Can the Boys get something better? I have no idea. But I would draft a QB in the draft this year.

If you think the Cowboys are going to get to a Super Bowl drafting 6th rounders, you are nuts.

I would like to draft a nice backup quarterback, but I don't have any illusions about him overtaking Romo.

And we shouldn't be spending 1st rounders on a QB. We've got a ton of needs, and wasting a super high pick on a guy who won't overtake Romo is just dumb.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #147
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

There are some other major issues with the roster.
I gave you a plan, find a way to make Romo the back-up.... Like you said, you dont want to see him flat out gone...As I am typing Romo makes another fumble to give the Eagles the ball. Are you sure you want to hang on to Romo like this? At some point you have to say that he is mentally scarred, and maybe a fresh start is the best thing for Romo? I just dont know, but he is at the top of my list of the problems. To be honest, I do think that some of Garret's problems is the fact he has to make the offense extremely simple for Romo (IMO?) Just a guess, but dont know, but Garrett had so much potential, and I just dont see how his offense got so simple so fast..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #148
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

so, how much will tickets be for games at the new stadium next year?
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #149
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:

They made a nice point that should be remembered...getting Roy took away some draft picks this year.

I'm not sold that Roy was a bad move. He is the fill-in for when TO goes away, he's not getting younger. The time of the deal was pretty bad. I can't imagine that a midseason trade with a player at a skill position was going to click automatically...then add on top of it the QB is hurt, and then the WR has an injury that causes him to miss some practice time.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #150
alexamenos
Diamond Member

for the guys that think romo is the problem, go back and watch that last play again -- you will see the eagles come with four guys, meaning 7 are in coverage. two of those four pass rushers came through almost untouched, hardly slowed down by what might be called the cowboy's pass protection. yeah, it's romo's bad for fumbling the ball, but not many quarterbacks are stellar when five retards up front can't even slow down the opposing team's pass rush.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #151
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Quote:
I gave you a plan, find a way to make Romo the back-up.... Like you said, you dont want to see him flat out gone...As I am typing Romo makes another fumble to give the Eagles the ball. Are you sure you want to hang on to Romo like this? At some point you have to say that he is mentally scarred, and maybe a fresh start is the best thing for Romo? I just dont know, but he is at the top of my list of the problems. To be honest, I do think that some of Garret's problems is the fact he has to make the offense extremely simple for Romo (IMO?) Just a guess, but dont know, but Garrett had so much potential, and I just dont see how his offense got so simple so fast..
The game was out of reach at 24-3 possibly 17-3. Anything from here out is an attempt at doing something with the ball rather than doing nothing. The game is over. we would probably have equal results by just kneeling down 4 times. You want to get rid of Barber too?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #152
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
That's a pretty generic plan though...there isn't Plan A, Plan B, C etc. etc.
FA, Trades, Draft...those are all easy plans, but we need actual names.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #153
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
Worst season in Cowboys history.

period.

Not even the 1-15 season is as bad as this.
yeah, I think the team has shown it's true colors today.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #154
Bayliss

Quote:
for the guys that think romo is the problem, go back and watch that last play again -- you will see the eagles come with four guys, meaning 7 are in coverage. two of those four pass rushers came through almost untouched, hardly slowed down by what might be called the cowboy's pass protection. yeah, it's romo's bad for fumbling the ball, but not many quarterbacks are stellar when five retards up front can't even slow down the opposing team's pass rush.
Aikman said both Romo fumbles was Romo's fault. I tend to agree.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #155
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
But the Romo critics will tell you that Romo should be controlling the blocking scheme. Because all great quarterbacks do that.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #156
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a massive letdown...of epic proportions.
No, nothing was worse than last week. They didn't even deserve another chance after that showing.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #157
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
That's a pretty generic plan though...there isn't Plan A, Plan B, C etc. etc.
FA, Trades, Draft...those are all easy plans, but we need actual names.
Silk's plan is basically get luck as hell that you find a good quarterback.

So in other words, he doesn't have a plan.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #158
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Btw, is there any way they get rid of Owens in the offseason? I can't stand rooting for a team that has him on it another year.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #159
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Aikman said both Romo fumbles was Romo's fault. I tend to agree.
There were his fault, but I think all you can say is protect the ball better...that's it. The coverage is locking up all of his options, so he's trying to buy more time.

Honestly though, anything after the 2nd quarter is pretty meaningless.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #160
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

matt ryan > tony romo.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote