Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2001, 07:14 PM   #1
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Figured I'd go ahead and toss it out. Lost my tickets, man, so I'm just gonna go to a bar and watch it.
Old 05-01-2001, 07:27 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man how'd you lose the tix?! I'm heading out to the game in a little bit. You sure there aren't any left for sale at the box office?
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 07:50 PM   #3
ReggieThetaChi

Bummer, isn't it?
Old 05-01-2001, 07:50 PM   #4
ReggieThetaChi

I assumed not. I left them on my dresser at the hotel room, and I guess the staff threw them away The hotel is giving me the money for it, though, so it's all good. Anyone know of a good sports bar in the area?
Old 05-01-2001, 07:52 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs pre-game party is at Hooters in the West End. I assume they'll also be watching the game there.
Old 05-01-2001, 07:55 PM   #6
ReggieThetaChi

Far out, man. Thats not too far away.
Old 05-01-2001, 08:00 PM   #7
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

but you said, 'far out'
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 11:00 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

My god this game has been a thing of beauty...

I believe Michael Finley is one of the greatest orchestrators of team morale in the league today. You could see in his eyes what he was thinking when he pulled up and nailed that three just right after slamming in that monster dunk... That was the killer blow, that was the end of the game, and Finley knew exactly what he was doing: This game had to end right there.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:21 PM   #9
Climbatize

Climbatize is on a distinguished road

WOW! Total ass raping in Big D. I love it!

I was pleased with ZhiZhi's Box score of 7 pts in only 5 minutes! Of course, the main guys (Nowitzki, Nash, and Finley) played phenomenally.

Just gotta keep this intensity up for game 5...
Climbatize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 11:23 PM   #10
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

For Finley, this game is just another tribute to his incredible leadership abilities and another testament to his willpower and fortitude in pressure situations.

For Nash, another victory over Stockton pushes him further along the path to being the great point guard that he can be.

For Wang, it's his first career three-pointer.

For Bradley, the playoff heroics simply continue.

And Dirk?

Dirk is god.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:24 PM   #11
Mav_on_the_Move

Mav_on_the_Move is on a distinguished road

Amen to that and it came at the perfect time to kill a mini-run. After that it was all over but the ejections. The other key moment was the back to back blocks on Marshall by Bradley which got him his 1st T (at least I think it did). Sorry Donyell but you will have to find someone else to put on your dunk poster. Finley already has his from the Jazz. Actually 2 of them.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:26 PM   #12
Mav_on_the_Move

Me gets the feeling Bradley was sending a message to Bill "420" Walton.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2001, 11:26 PM   #13
Mavinator
Golden Member

Actually, Finley got his third tonight... Only the third of many to come this year and the next and possibly years after that...
Old 05-01-2001, 11:31 PM   #14
Mav_on_the_Move

Oh by the way Utah, that's 30 we beat you by. We usually reserve those kinds of whoopings for the Warriors or Grizzlies, but we'll be happy to give one to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Folks don't underestimate how important it was to get the big 3 as much rest as they got tonight. Not just the time, but when it came, down the end where they aren't having to deal with the stress of trying to pull the game out, and the physicality that was bound to come with it. On to Salt Lake City.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:53 PM   #15
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

holy.crap.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 11:56 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Very impressive performance tonight. Hopefully they can sustain it for game 5. I expect Utah to come out PISSED.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 11:58 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Give us your hands on opinions DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 05-02-2001, 12:00 AM   #18
djb
Administrator

WHOOOOOOOT!!!! Just got back from the game..my hands are blood red, my voice is gone (again!), but I feel so f*cking awesome!! Dirk, Fin, and Nash were SCORCHING in tonight's BLOWOUT, Wang got some good mins, TWO Utah ejections, and CHALUPAS!!! Only complaint tonight would probably be Juwan's performance, but that's to be expected against the Jazz. Hmm oh and why the hell did so many people start to file out with 4-5 mins left in the fourth?! Damn bandwaggoners!
Old 05-02-2001, 12:10 AM   #19
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

dirk, fin, nash,...amazing..just got back from the game...sweeeeetttttttttttt
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:47 AM   #20
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

AHAHAHAHAHA this is maaadness. GO MAVS!!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:52 AM   #21
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

"I'm not the one who started the rumor that the Dallas Mavericks caught an officiating break Saturday in Game 3 of the Jazz-Mavs first-round series because of the globalization of the NBA." ...

"So, if there was any possibility, even a slight consideration here and there, that the Mavericks could catch a break -- that Nowitzki, for instance, could play his bull-in-a-china shop role without fear of penalty -- then those worldwide TV markets sure would appreciate it. For another couple of games or so."

You have GOT to be kidding me. I can hear it now, "Hey ref, this is Stern, you need to give a few calls to the International team, uh I mean The Mavs, tonight. That way we can milk the foreign markets." That has got to be the biggest pile bullsh!t I have ever heard!!

Here is the entire article.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 09:54 AM   #22
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I wasn't able to see the game live, but I still heard the baby crying over the loud speaker when Utar would start griping about calls. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:56 AM   #23
dallaslaker

Sorry I left one out, "Coach Sloan, this is Stern, you need to let The Internation Team, uh I mean The Mavs, beat the living crap out of your guys tonight. That way, that china guy Wang something can get some PT and increase our revenue in overseas markets."
Old 05-02-2001, 09:59 AM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"I wasn't able to see the game live, but I still heard the baby crying over the loud speaker when Utar would start griping about calls. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!"

That was Hilarious [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . The crowd went NUTS.

Old 05-02-2001, 11:22 AM   #25
ReggieThetaChi

Lost my tickets, but had a hell of a time at Hooter's, man (about $200 worth of a good time). I'm back in Florida right now, but God, what a blast. I think we'll be able to sustain for game five. Utah got the living daylights scared out of them. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Dallas Mavericks have now arrived.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:07 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

The baby crying clip was awesome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] They showed bawling newborn babies in the hospital wearing Jazz uni's, with the caption "Utah Jazz Lockerroom - Quiet Please!"
Old 05-02-2001, 12:09 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

I heard the TBS commentators were pathetic last night..anyone watch it? John Thompson was ragging on Wang, saying he wasn't NBA material and is just getting a fat paycheck for nothing.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:15 PM   #28
ReggieThetaChi

We were blacked out from TBS. We only got KSTAR. Sucks, but what are you gonna do? Besides, John Thompson wouldn't know talent if it bit him on the ass. He is the most racist coach I have ever seen in my entire life.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:23 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i taped it on tbs, but watched it on kstar...will watch it again tonight.
saw a bit of tbs..they are very pathetic.
thompson, great coach..but he has trouble spitting things out
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:42 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

I flipped it to ESPN and FoxSports when it got home and you know what I saw? Baseball [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Deion Sanders BLAH BLAH BLAH! Where the hell was the playoff talk? And I'm not talking about the Blues going 3-up on the Stars. Man what a crock of..
Old 05-02-2001, 12:50 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

can you imagine how many people world wide are watching the mavs?
i'm sure there's 50-100 million chinese watching alot of the games...plus the german's. plus the mavs regular crowd and and the Mexicans, hell, maybe even the canadians.

sweet
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:46 PM   #32
dallaslaker

Why did TBS blackout the game? I thought it was only blacked out if it wasn't a sellout.
Old 05-02-2001, 02:26 PM   #33
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

john thompson is definitly not the most elloquent announcer...it was also funny to hear him try to disparage wang, but everytime he would say something negative, wang would hit a jumper. he does know the game pretty well though and I would never tell him these things to his face for he could break me in two.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 02:31 PM   #34
ReggieThetaChi

National networks black out the games locally,because the local carriers of the sports team can still pick up the game. I would rather have heard Ortegal's comments rather than John Thompson (but I hate G'Town. I've always like UConn better, Donyell Marshall withstanding. Damn fatass).
Old 05-02-2001, 02:44 PM   #35
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That was quite simply the best Mavs win I have ever been privledged enough to watch. There were so many good things about our game last night, that I don't even know where to start about it... Did anyone else notice some Playoff Heroics from a certain 7-6 native of Utah last night? I sure did...
Old 05-02-2001, 04:11 PM   #36
dallaslaker

This is one helluva time to start peaking out in our game play!!!