Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #81
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Jason Terry can shoot and what else?
- run a pick and roll
- not turn the ball over
- has a better mid-range game than devin
- oh yeah and shoots a HELL OF A LOT BETTER. You can't just say he can "shoot", he shoots very well.

I'm not saying devin doesn't have skills, just that he's not the be-all, end-all of points in this league, he has some huge things to work on imo.

That being said, something DOES need to be done at the point, I don't know what it is, but devin with the ball and jason without it isn't that great. Jason with the ball is much better but devin can't do anything spotting up either.

It's a tough question as I posted.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2007, 02:10 AM   #82
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Pretty tough question because devin has been really inconsistent and still cannot shoot, nor does he pass out of penetration, nor is he a very good passer, nor does he have any mid-range game, other than that he's great.
And, a couple of people said Harris is worth 9/10 million dollars a year..I just dont understand why Harris is played up so high on here. Nothing he has done in the past, says he is ready to lead this team.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:13 AM   #83
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
- run a pick and roll
- not turn the ball over
- oh yeah and shoots a HELL OF A LOT BETTER. You can't just say he can "shoot", he shoots very well.

I'm not saying devin doesn't have skills, just that he's not the be-all, end-all of points in this league, he has some huge things to work on imo.

That being said, something DOES need to be done at the point, I don't know what it is, but devin with the ball and jason without it isn't that great. Jason with the ball is much better but devin can't do anything spotting up either.

Great post...Now this is a question for the Harris lovers:

What can Harris do besides defend big PG? Please dont say anything about his future stuff he could bring.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:18 AM   #84
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
- run a pick and roll
- not turn the ball over

Let me add a couple of more things about Terry:
--Run the pick/pop
--Make clutch baskets
--Run the offense with better consistency
--Allows Dirk to not have to take the big shots
--Forces teams to guard him and not sink to the lane to help out on Dirk
--Larger guards give Terry a hard time on defense

Compare this to Harris:
--Cant run pick/roll
--Cant run pick/pop
--Cant make clutch baskets
--Dont take clutch shots
--Cant run offense consistent
--Forces Dirk to be the one to take the big shots.
--Allows teams to sink in the lane to dare him to shoot, plus double down on Dirk
--Can penetrate one-on-one
--Plays solid defense against bigger PG