Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Has anyone seen Avatar?

Is it incredibly overrated?
Yes, it is. I frankly wasn't really even that impressed with the 3D. I love Sci Fi but that story was seen-it-before crap. I didn't have high expectations of it, either. I just don't think combining Ferngully with Dances With Wolves is appealing. The effects were cool but wasted around garbage of a screenplay. I honest to god closed my eyes with boredom about three times during it. Plus, almost the exact same movie came out early summer called Battle For Terra. Maybe that is crappy timing for Cameron, but I guess I just can't be fully enamored by mindless effects.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yes, it is. I frankly wasn't really even that impressed with the 3D. I love Sci Fi but that story was seen-it-before crap. I didn't have high expectations of it, either. I just don't think combining Ferngully with Dances With Wolves is appealing. The effects were cool but wasted around garbage of a screenplay. I honest to god closed my eyes with boredom about three times during it. Plus, almost the exact same movie came out early summer called Battle For Terra. Maybe that is crappy timing for Cameron, but I guess I just can't be fully enamored by mindless effects.
i liked it but the fern gully/dances with wolves combo was the exact comparison i came up with.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?