Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default Pavel

Ok what is the deal with him? I see him on the bench during games. I hope this year isn't a traveling vacation around to different NBA cities. Does anyone know his workout plan/schedule? I saw on TV a few games ago that DJ was working with mark Bryant two hours before the game on his post up moves. Does Pavel do this? Hopefully that isn't all he is doing. I would be disappointed if the mavs aren't working his butt off every day....not just working out prior to game time. I am talking about agility drills, weight lifting, basketball skills, video tape study, etc. I would like 4-5 hours each day learning basketball. If he isn't getting that then having him over this year is a waste of time IMO. One of my concerns with having Pavel around this year was draft reports saying he looks like a stud in set drills but looks completely lost when thrown into a game. The kid needs playing time on the court. Hopefully the mavs are using this year wisely with him. He is a blank slate...probably several years away from helping the Mavs...but hopefully he isn't getting a free pass.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Pavel

We gave up a future first rounder to get this guy. He doesnt and wont have a free pass on this team.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Pavel

He is in the US, because he underwent treatment for a thyroid condition and to be frank about it, the best doctors in that field are here. He is supposedly undergoing therapy for his thyroid/pituitary right now. Although that might not preclude him from working out to stay in shape, don't look to see him on the court at all this season.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:03 AM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...0||0|0|0|0&p=2

some pics
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Damn that boy is big. Those hands are monstrous. And he looks like he's put together pretty well, basically proportionate.

But there's no chance he'll see any court time this year? That's a shame.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He seemed to be pretty coordinated with pretty good balance the few times I saw him this summer. It would be nice to get him on the court a little bit this year just to see him a little. But I don't expect it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I got to see him play this summer. From the pictures he looks as though he has put on some muscle. He has a good strong build for a center, but there is very little chance he will see any playing time this year for the simple fact that he is extremely raw. I believe he'll be a solid contributer in a few years. We may possibly see him get trash minutes in a couple games this season and progress from there but right now he's just potential.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-20-2004, 10:30 PM   #8
shawnmarion

shawnmarion is on a distinguished road

Looks like he's a 3-point gunner for the hornets:

http://www.nba.com/games/20041120/MINNOH/boxscore.html
shawnmarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 10:40 PM   #9
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

A very good one at that ain't he. Quick, hide that from Nellie!
Old 11-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: shawnmarion
Looks like he's a 3-point gunner for the hornets:

http://www.nba.com/games/20041120/MINNOH/boxscore.html
What in the world? Thats extremely odd.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:45 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-21-2004, 04:43 AM   #12
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road

hilarious mistake by the score keepers. Go Pavel. He is a good 3-point shooter by the way
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:03 AM   #13
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

>He doesnt and wont have a free pass on this team.

What the hell does that have to do with him getting practice time and training? For god sakes were giving a dork who is a disastor(mbenga) on the court playing time alrready. All because cuban thinks he's a cool person? So tell me what are mbenga's credentials? They pulled that guy straight outta the congo with no international experience. What happens when booth goes down? Mbenga has been an utter load of sh!t thus far.

>I got to see him play this summer. From the pictures he looks as though he has put on some muscle.

He's always been strong. His euro pictures show this.

>He has a good strong build for a center, but there is very little chance he will see any playing time this year for the simple fact that he is extremely raw.

So are a lot of people but they see time. Mbenga is as raw as they come yet he's getting pt.
He's been crap so far btw. I'd rather see pavel play, than mbenga fall on his ass again. Not very balanced for someone who is supposedly in the martial arts. Maybe they meant boat rowing instead?

I just found this pic on a yao ming website.
http://www.angelfire.com/moon/beamer0/podkolzine.jpg
Old 11-22-2004, 11:08 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
>He doesnt and wont have a free pass on this team.

What the hell does that have to do with him getting practice time and training?
Easy question. It was a response to a comment made in the last sentence of the inital post in this thread. Surely you read?

Quote:
For god sakes were giving a dork who is a disastor(mbenga) on the court playing time alrready. All because cuban thinks he's a cool person?
The last I checked Cuban does not issue players playing time on the court..that would be the responsibility of the head coach. Lets say it together in unison so you wont forget this: "h-e-a-d c-o-a-c-h." Furthermore, what is your rediculous source that would claim such a statement? Unless you came up with that all on your own, that is.

Quote:
Mbenga is as raw as they come yet he's getting pt.
Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery, the difference between him and MBenga is that MBenga is extremely athletic and very well coordinated for a 7 footer, contrary to whatever you may believe. This coordination and athleticism makes up for his rawness whereas with Pavel, all he has is size. That size wont be good for anything until he learns how to utilize it. Thus, D.J. is getting playing time, albeit very little, and Pavel none.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:38 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

not one pic of him dunking....interesting. If I were 7'6" I'd dunk in every picture possible...its what people want to see from a guy that big..not a weak one handed jumper in the lane.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:03 PM   #16
bloodyhell

>Surely you read?

Yes my mental midget friend, it's just that you're very base and inane in your responses. You act like an acerebral child.

>The last I checked Cuban does not issue players playing time on the court.

Apparently You didn't get memo of cuban's liking mbenga because he thought, he was "cool" during a televised summer league game. As I said before, i'm dealing with a child who uses inane vitriol to get their point across.
Furthermore anyone who abuses the english language as much as you, is clearly a child. >"rediculous"
Snip--- "what is your rediculous"

>Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery,

Link please.

>the difference between him and MBenga is that MBenga is extremely athletic and very well coordinated for a 7 footer,

Yeah I can see that, mbenga falling on his ass in a recent game. Very coordinated. I suppose you missed that game too? You're insane if you think that goof is "coordinated". In fact he looks to be nothing less than a stiff.

>contrary to whatever you may believe. This coordination

Again I refer to his falling on his ass.

>and athleticism makes up for his rawness

Let's face it, this guy is a complete joke that played in the weak netherlands league to a sub par team and gave a sub par performance overall.
Which league is tougher, the italian league or dutch? I'll see if you're dumber than i'm guessing by how you answer that one.

>whereas with Pavel, all he has is size.

And good hands, moves well and can shoot well. He has a nice touch on the three also. You see, contrary to your vitriolic stupidity, some of us have read articles and reports on his basic skills and abilities. In fact many have seen his game. Nba tv showed a game about a year back. There's a reason he was talked about highly by coaches in workouts. They said he moved better than yao ming when yao had workouts. To me that says a lot. In fact he would have possibly been picked higher if it wasn't for the surgery that was needed.

>That size wont be good for anything until he learns how to utilize it. Thus, D.J. is getting playing time,

Which is a complete contradiction considering mbenga hasn't learned to utilize his own coordination. Isn't that funny, a guy 5-6 inches shorter is less coordinated.

>albeit very little, and Pavel none.

Yes well, a little too many. He should be sent to the d leagues or, i dunno, into the karate league, or what ever it's called.

Pavel certainly deserves more than this uncoordinated mbenga joke.

>>>>not one pic of him dunking....interesting. If I were 7'6" I'd dunk in every picture possible...its what people want to see

I saw a few pics of him doing some nice dunks in italy and there were some shots on lega baskit i believe. Google around for those. I'll see if I can grab some off my discs.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #17
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Haha, you are so funny.

I went to a summer league game where both Pavel and DJ played. DJ looked like KG compared to Pavel. Pavel couldn't do anything. He looked like just another player that made it into the NBA because of his size alone. While DJ had a decent touch around the bucked, played GREAT defense, and blocked like 5 shots. DJ is uncoordinated because he fell? Good logic.

You make Pavel look like a badass and are setting him up for big let down when more people see him.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:30 PM   #18
bloodyhell

>dirk2003 wrote:
>I went to a summer league game where both Pavel and DJ played. DJ looked like KG compared to Pavel. Pavel couldn't do anything. He looked like just another player that made it into the NBA because of his size alone.

That's very interesting but pavel didn't play in the summer league you "ridiculous" dolt. I really can't take you seriously when you blatently lie.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/ma...ue_roster.html

Old 11-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #19
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

i meant the summer league team vs. yao-less chinese
Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes my mental midget friend, it's just that you're very base and inane in your responses. You act like an acerebral child.
Isn't it children that resort to name calling?

Please explain where I acted as an acerebral child? And as far as being base, not every question demands an in depth answer. It is only logical to see that because the Mavericks were high on Pavel and gave up a future first rounder for him, he would not get a 'free pass' What more is to be said?

Quote:
Apparently You didn't get memo of cuban's liking mbenga because he thought, he was "cool" during a televised summer league game. As I said before, i'm dealing with a child who uses inane vitriol to get their point across.
Again, please explain how Cuban thinking MBenga is cool has anything to do with him issuing playing time to players. That is the coach's call. Need we go over this again?

Quote:
And good hands, moves well and can shoot well. He has a nice touch on the three also. You see, contrary to your vitriolic stupidity, some of us have read articles and reports on his basic skills and abilities. In fact many have seen his game.
Fortunately, I do not have to rely on an article or report to provide an opinion because I have seen him play. Ask the members of this site who have seen him play and they will give you a similar analysis of Pavel's game. To call me stupid for holding the belief that MBenga is more NBA ready than Pavel would mean calling the majority, if not all of this board, stupid as well.

Quote:
Yeah I can see that, mbenga falling on his ass in a recent game. Very coordinated. I suppose you missed that game too? You're insane if you think that goof is "coordinated". In fact he looks to be nothing less than a stiff.
I disagree. When basketball players play they run the risk of falling down. Many great players and superior athletes who are extremely coordinated are capable of and often do fall down. To label someone a stiff because you have seen them fall down once would be a very dramatic knee jerk and would portray a colossal flaw in your logic.

Quote:
Which is a complete contradiction considering mbenga hasn't learned to utilize his own coordination. Isn't that funny, a guy 5-6 inches shorter is less coordinated.
Again, I strongly disagree and I am very confident the vast majority of this board would disagree with you as well. Shall we take a poll to see who is more coordinated between Pavel and DJ?

Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 PM   #21
bloodyhell

>Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery,

Since you seem to think you know all about pavel's game(even though you haven't seen him play), perhaps you could also show us the link to where he just had his surgery.

Thank you in advance for your timely reply.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:57 AM   #22
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

At this point Pavel isn't great and he isn't terrible. He's the perfect kind of guy to have on the injury list, because he represents potential and the future. Clubs that stash 38 year old small forwards on the IR have no future. Maybe in a couple of years with lots of hard work Pavel may be a player, then again maybe he won't. However, any team that would give up on him when he is 19 and hasn't learned the language yet would be foolish. Jermaine Oneal sat the Portland bench for several years before they traded him to Indiana. With only a few exceptions, these guys are not overnight sensations. To call Pavel trash or a big white stiff is idiotic at this point. If in a couple of years he's as bad as say Milicic currently is then we should make fun of the Mavs for wasting a draft pick on him.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:18 AM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Since you seem to think you know all about pavel's game(even though you haven't seen him play), perhaps you could also show us the link to where he just had his surgery.
Well considering the fact that I never said he just had surgery it would be foolish to look up a link to that. I knew he had gotten hurt in the summer against the Chinese team (which, in response to your ignorant claim, I did infact attend) in one of the scrimmages..not sure what it was (knee problem?) ...anyhow I figured they were still easing him along from that whether it took surgery or not to correct.

Being that this isnt the case, my argument now stands even stronger (thank you by the way) in the light that with Pavel being healthy the only logical explanation as to why MBenga is getting more time on the court is because he is (better coordinated, more athletic, and more NBA ready) take your pick because all apply.

Still waiting for you to respond to my previous post that you conveniently looked over... take your time

Old 11-23-2004, 01:32 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery
Quote:
Well considering the fact that I never said he just had surgery it would be foolish to look up a link to that
I think it was fairly well implied, but it hardly matters. There have been 2-3 articles posted on D-M.com over the last few months that have specifically pointed out that Pavel was to have another pituitary surgery soon after returning to the US. Logically that means it was recent or its about to happen. Either way, I'd bet that I was not the only one that saw the evidence that supported the original claim. If I wasnt lazy I would find it.

As for the insults by bloody: there is absolutely no need for that. Insults only diminish the so-called authority on the matter.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:31 AM   #25
bloodyhell

stein wrote:
>Well considering the fact that I never said he just had surgery it would be foolish to look up a link to that.

Uh, no you don't get off that easilly. These were your original words, >"Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery"

We all know he hasn't had surgery otherwise there would be some mention of it. You have proven yourself to be a little lier and therefore you have lost all credibility.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/ma...ina070104.html
Pavel went 3-5 and had 6 boards in only 10 minutes. No turnovers. Pavel Never fell on his ass like clumsy mbenga did. That was utterly pathetic. I'm also affraid that Your argument is null and void once you lie.

>Logically that means it was recent or its about to happen.

Then why was he in a mavs warmup uniform two nights ago? That dosen't seem like he had "just had surgery". Okay perhaps they wanted him to feel at home? Seems a little strange that he wouldn't be in his normal clothes after a big surgery. Or at home resting. He hasn't been back in the u.s. for very long btw.

>Either way, I'd bet that I was not the only one that saw the evidence that supported the original claim. If I wasnt lazy I would find it.

Prove he had the surgey and you win the argument. There you go.

Of course You can't prove he had it yet, because he hasn't.

Your original words, >>>>>>"Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery"

Note the word "surgery" not, "injury".

lubarsky wrote:
>>There have been 2-3 articles posted on D-M.com over the last few months that have specifically pointed out that Pavel was to have another pituitary surgery

Yes that is correct and I saw them myself, however he was in a mavs uniform 2 nights ago and only taking pils according to some people. So givin if that is the case, we can clearly see that there has been no definitive article saying that he has "just had the surgery'. Which is what dirkenstein was claiming in a previous post. Sure he can lie and go back and erase the quotes or message but I already called him on it. He's been proven to be a fabulsit.

So far mbenga has shown us nothing except that he should possibly be in the nbdl.

I'm more than happy to keep this civil(as I have. No swearing), so feel free to prove me wrong on your >"Besides the fact that Pavel has been recovering from surgery" claim.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:55 AM   #26
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Pavel either has had, or will have surgery to stop his growth. It doesn't really matter whether it's been done yet or not, because he's not ready to play. Outside of being extremely raw by all accounts (and, btw, almost universally considered less ready to play than DJ, who himself is obviously not ready to play quality minutes), he missed most or all of training camp waiting to get his work visa, and so is not well versed in the specifics of the team's system either offensively or defensively.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:00 PM   #27
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I apologize for being under the impression that Pavel has already had his surgery, but as others have written also, it is no secret that he will have surgery soon; which could be one of the reasons we haven't seen or read about any intense working out. He simply isnt ready nor is he healthy. Thus it would be a very large mistake for him to get any pt whatsoever as you have been calling for.

Quote:
For god sakes were giving a dork who is a disastor(mbenga) on the court playing time alrready. All because cuban thinks he's a cool person? Apparently You didn't get memo of cuban's liking mbenga because he thought, he was "cool" during a televised summer league game.
You still haven't explained how this coincides with Pavel not getting any playing time.

Quote:
So because DJ fell this means he isn't coordinated? I'm afraid it is You, my friend, that has an inordinately marred logic which illustrates a sad and incarcerated process of thought.

Old 11-23-2004, 06:45 PM   #28
bloodyhell

>I apologize for being under the impression that Pavel has already had his surgery

I'm glad you finally admit this. However, adamantly lying about it previously makes you negligent in your theory.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:35 PM   #29
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

bloodyhell, are you this big of a (edited by a Dallas-Mavs.com moderator) in person, or do you just play one on the message boards?
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:39 PM   #30
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:

Apparently You didn't get memo of cuban's liking mbenga because he thought, he was "cool" during a televised summer league game
Link please?

Otherwise, "However, adamantly lying about it previously makes you negligent in your theory."

"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #31
dirk2003

If all we do is lie... why are you here? Go back to your hole.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #32
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Bloodyhell wrote
Quote:
Prove he had the surgey and you win the argument. There you go.
Thought you might find this interesting:

"And don't forget the Mavs' other big project, 7-foot-5 inch Pavel Podkolzin. Nelson fell in love with Podkolzin at the same Eurocamp and traded away the Mavs' first-round pick this year to Utah to acquire him on draft night. Podkolzin hasn't played a minute for the Mavs so far. Instead he's undergone a surgical procedure to fix an overactive pituitary gland and a bum ankle." -- Chad Ford, ESPN Insider

Your coveted link

Old 11-30-2004, 03:26 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

do we get an apology from bloody now?
Old 11-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The DallasMorning News had an article this morning that stated Pavel had a tumor removed from his pituitary gland last week. He may start practicing next month with the team.

I would provide a link, but I don't know how to link to the newspaper sitting on my desk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #35
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Found it on Dallas News.com

Rookie Podkolzin has tumor removed

Center could begin practicing with Mavs next month

09:11 PM CST on Monday, November 29, 2004

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Rookie center Pavel Podkolzin had a tumor removed from his pituitary gland last week, and the 19-year-old could begin practicing with the team next month.

The 7-5 Russian had the procedure at the Skull Base Institute in Los Angeles using an endoscopic procedure in which Dr. Hrayr Shahinian entered Podkolzin's cranium via the nasal passage, bypassing the need to break open the skull or make a facial incision.

Dr. Shahinian said the surgery went without complications.

"This medical problem could have slowed or even halted my basketball career, but now I will be ready to play with almost no lost time," said Podkolzin, who was diagnosed with the tumor last year. Left untreated, he could have continued to experience unchecked growth and the condition could have been life-threatening by the time he was 40, the doctor said.

Podkolzin is not expected to play this season. He was discharged the day after the surgery and probably will be cleared to practice in two weeks.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

edit: darn you, U2. You beat me to it.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #37
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
do we get an apology from bloody now?
And a little report on what crow taste like would be nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #38
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
And a little report on what crow taste like would be nice.
You're a rare bird, Dirkenstein, if you've never had the opportunity to taste crow.

From one whose eaten it more times than I can remember, I can tell you this:

Crow tastes like chicken. Except bitter, rancid, and nauseating. Afterwards the bitter taste remains in your mouth for a month, the very memory of your meal causes sickness and humiliation, and your insides rebel and it takes your every effort to avoid regurgitating and tasting once more on the way out.

I've had worse.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
Quote:
And a little report on what crow taste like would be nice.
I've had worse.
Let me guess..... former Fear Factor contestant?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:13 PM   #40
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Worse yet, recovering trial attorney.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote