Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #41
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Mavs vs Fakers game thread

This ios just like a half taken out of my d´reams before the season, escept for Dirk's shooting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #42
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

we are looking good looks like this team is starting to gel
Old 01-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #43
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Mavs vs Fakers game thread

OMG Steve has 7 assists in 9 min with the SUns vx Houston
Old 01-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #44
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell isn't Dampier playing

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #45
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

This stuff where Dallas drops 30+ on a team in the first quarter, only to have that team score 30 in the second is just bad. Sure you're up because you're still pumping in 30 yourself but have some defensive pride.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #46
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Nice basket Harris
Old 01-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #47
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Why the hell isn't Dampier playing

Nellie went small and I can't say I fault him for that because Damp was playing to well or atleast offensively he wasn't. He tried to change the pace with Dirk, Josh, Stack, Fin and Harris. I think Brian Cook was playing the 5 for them that quarter.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell me why Dampier sat out so much

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #49
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 63-51 at the half:

Howard (18) 4-10, 0-3, 3-4, 11pts, 5rbs, 1as, 1stl, 1blk

Dirk (18) 3-10, 0-2, 2-2, 8pts, 2rbs, 3as, 3tos, 1stl

Dampier (17) 0-1, 5rbs, 1as, 1to, 2blks

Finley (19) 4-6, 0-1, 8pts, 1rb, 1as

Terry (17) 5-6, 4-4, 5-6, 19pts, 4rbs, 5as, 2stls

Stackhouse (15) 4-9, 0-1, 8pts, 2rbs, 1as

Henderson (9) 1-2, 2pts, 3rbs, 1blk

Harris (7) 3-3, 1-1, 7pts, 1rb, 4as, 1stl
Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #50
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This stuff where Dallas drops 30+ on a team in the first quarter, only to have that team score 30 in the second is just bad. Sure you're up because you're still pumping in 30 yourself but have some defensive pride.
I won't argue too much with wanting to see the defensive intensity hold up, but it's worth pointing out that the Lakers are averaging 107 points per 100 posessions for the year. Thus far we've held them to 51 points on ~52 posessions (on pace for 98 points per 100 posessions). That's solid defense overall.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Just tell me why Dampier sat out so much
At least I know why Terry sat out that much...Harris played quite well, too. I hope Dirk goes for a 30point half..
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #52
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

this is a snoozefest...the lakers have no chance
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #53
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

The lakers play efense.

Get it?????
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #54
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I can't watch tonight. Is Harris looking as good running the offense as the boxscore seems to indicate?
Old 01-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #55
Platinum Member

Time for late night pizzza now! Hope Mavs kick some ass innthe 2nd hakllf!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #56
Platinum Member

DevinHarrisWillNot´StartAnyMoreThis Season
Old 01-05-2005, 10:20 PM   #57
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Mavs love giving up Defensive rebounds...
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #58
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 93-83 after 3 quarters:

Howard (28) 6-13, 0-3, 3-4, 15pts, 6rbs, 4as, 1stl, 1blk

Dirk (27) 4-13, 0-2, 2-2, 10pts, 4rbs, 3as, 3tos, 1stl

Dampier (29) 4-6, 3-5, 11pts, 9rbs, 1as, 3tos, 2blks

Finley (31) 6-9, 0-1, 12pts, 1rb, 3as, 1stl

Terry (25) 7-8, 5-5, 5-6, 24pts, 5rbs, 5as, 1to, 2stls

Stackhouse (20) 4-10, 0-2, 8pts, 2rbs, 1as

Henderson (9) 1-2, 0-2, 2pts, 3rbs, 1blk

Harris (11) 5-6, 1-2, 0-1, 11pts, 1rb, 4as, 1stl
Old 01-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #59
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm calling that a DUNK over Kobe.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #60
Platinum Member

Dirk really knows when to show upp.............
Old 01-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #61
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Dirk bringin the D
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:35 PM   #62
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Is Howard still guarding Kobe?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Is Howard still guarding Kobe?
I guess NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 01-05-2005, 10:40 PM   #64
Platinum Member

Whoo's on the line?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:40 PM   #65
HexNBA
Golden Member

Come on grab a freaking board
Old 01-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #66
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing how Dirk has played in the 4th considering how bad he looked in the 1st quarter...

After going 1-8, he has now gone 7-12....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #67
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Amazing how Dirk has played in the 4th considering how bad he looked in the 1st quarter...

After going 1-8, he has now gone 7-12....
Dirk is amazing, YES! And he will be the top scorer whenever he/Nellie wants...
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #68
HexNBA
Golden Member

Man, awesome night for Terry. Pretty good game, rebounding was poor though
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #69
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

What is our record when Terry starts now..?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #70
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And he had 4 rebounds.

Dampier played solid tonight. A lot of Mavs did... except for Dirk's shooting...
Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #71
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

All good in the hood.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #72
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Mavs win 118-104:

Howard (38) 6-13, 0-3, 3-4, 15pts, 6rbs, 4as, 2stls, 1blk

Dirk (39) 8-22, 0-3, 9-11, 25pts, 9rbs, 4as, 4tos, 2stls

Dampier (41) 5-7, 3-5, 13pts, 13rbs, 1as, 3tos, 4blks

Finley (43) 8-13, 0-2, 16pts, 2rbs, 3as, 1stl

Terry (32) 9-10, 5-5, 5-6, 28pts, 6rbs, 5as, 1to, 2stls

Stackhouse (22) 4-10, 0-2, 8prs, 2rbs, 1as

Henderson (9) 1-2, 0-2, 2pts, 3rbs, 1blk

Harris (16) 5-6, 1-2, 0-1, 11pts, 1rb, 4as, 1stl
Old 01-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #73
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I wasn't really impressed with this game too much. Terry was flawless this game and Finley shot lights out on very little shots. Dirk came along late in the game to even that shooting percentage out a bit but the defensive rebounding tonight was horrible. Mavs were just fortunate they played a team that decides to live and die by the 3. If this was really a good team I don't see how we win this game.

1996-2005
Old 01-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #74
Platinum Member

It would be like 80-2 at the end of the season
Old 01-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #75
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

The high number of threes the Lakers took and the problems the Mavs had on the defensive glass seem like the hallmarks of a game in which we played a lot of zone defense. Would that be accurate?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 PM   #76
Bayliss

Quote:
The high number of threes the Lakers took and the problems the Mavs had on the defensive glass seem like the hallmarks of a game in which we played a lot of zone defense. Would that be accurate?
Pretty accurate. Also Lamar pulled Dirk out a lot, and much the way Dirk did to Kg in Minny, Dirk wasn't there to grab a lot of rebounds. He got it in gear in the 4th though.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #77
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

I know i wont be the first but, if their was some consistancy it's that the refs wouldnt give us an over the back call. And another thing is that Nellie made a dumb call going small ball at the end of the half, when we could of put the game away right there.

But how can you not be impressed with this game when this shows that Terry, Josh, Finley, Stack, Damp, Devin and Henderson are able to contribute when Dirk is down. I love this win. Were not gonna do as horrible on the rebounds as that so at least we got that out of the way.

Thank You Mavs for giving me bragging rights for at least the rest of this week to my California Faker Fans.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #78
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: samoan-maverick
I know i wont be the first but, if their was some consistancy it's that the refs wouldnt give us an over the back call. And another thing is that Nellie made a dumb call going small ball at the end of the half, when we could of put the game away right there.

But how can you not be impressed with this game when this shows that Terry, Josh, Finley, Stack, Damp, Devin and Henderson are able to contribute when Dirk is down. I love this win. Were not gonna do as horrible on the rebounds as that so at least we got that out of the way.

Thank You Mavs for giving me bragging rights for at least the rest of this week to my California Faker Fans.
That's what I was impressed with the most in this game. How this team reacted when Dirk was either out of the game or when he was struggling from the field. They kept their games effecient and because of that we won this game. If they would've played down to Dirk's level in that first half we wouldn't have won this game but because they didn't eventually Dirk came back to earth and the win became even easier to get.

1996-2005
Old 01-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #79
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The point guards combined for their best game of the season. The offense looks much more fluid and Dampier looks comfortable in the post. Nellie comented on that understanding Dampier's weakness by throwing him a softer ball. Dirk was okay tonight he still got good looks at the basket much of the night. Terry was just spectacular 9-10 and 5-5 beyond the arc.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #80
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Terry really came a long,long way towards grabbing and holding the pg spot tonight. He looked for folks but he took shots in the paint which has been driving me nuts because he would pass it out instead. He was aggressive offensively and really did the job, defensive as well.

The fakers really didn't have a chance tonight, they looked overmatched. I think a lot of the reasons for the offensive rebounds is that they chunked up 34 3ptrs. Only made about 11 so that's potentially 24 long rebounds and there seemed to be a lot.

Refs called some really crappy fouls on some sweet clean blocks, I think finley may have gotten two of them himself.

Boy when you can plug Devin Harris in as the backup point and let him create havoc with the opposing point guard it really,really seems to wear on them.

Also nellie is getting pretty regular on rotations and giving guys rests.

Nice win over a tired, not very good lakers team. Josh is a stud.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote