Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
Spur'73

Spur'73 is on a distinguished road
Default Lighten Up, Frances

I have read most of these threads.....and all I have to say is lighten up. I was at the game today and was quite impressed with Dirk and Stack. I mean Dirk had 20 points in a playoff game against the defending World Champions that specialize in defense. Last time I loooked a player scoring 20 is impressive. He also grabbed several key rebounds down in the paint. Stack was unstopable...and that last shot was deflected by Super G with time running out. Overall, we were impressed with the Mavs. Glad Avery decided not to double Tim most of the game. Several posters are upset that this was the game the Mavs had to win as the Spurs were tired and worn out from that gane Friday and getting back late yesterday. BUT.....the Mavs goal is to win only ONE game down here......so they can still achieve their goal. As far as officiating...trust me...we think the refs screwed us too and this game should not have been even this close. But that is the sorry ass NBA officiating.
So lighten up...this will be a long grueling 7 game series and the best team will win. You should thank God you have a real coach coaching now.

Last edited by Spur'73; 05-07-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: new title
Spur'73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur'73
I have read most of these threads.....and all I have to say is lighten up. I was at the game today and was quite impressed with Dirk and Stack. I mean Dirk had 20 points in a playoff game against the defending World Champions that specialize in defense. Last time I loooked a player scoring 20 is impressive. He also grabbed several key rebounds down in the paint. Stack was unstopable...and that last shot was deflected by Super G with time running out. Overall, we were impressed with the Mavs. Glad Avery decided not to double Tim most of the game. Several posters are upset that this was the game the Mavs had to win as the Spurs were tired and worn out from that gane Friday and getting back late yesterday. BUT.....the Mavs goal is to win only ONE game down here......so they can still achieve their goal. As far as officiating...trust me...we think the refs screwed us too and this game should not have been even this close. But that is the sorry ass NBA officiating.
So lighten up...this will be a long grueling 7 game series and the best team will win. You should thank God you have a real coach coaching now.
Nicely done! I am assuming based on your whole quote that the Spur's should not have been close, right? If not, you almost got away with it!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the board! And yes, it's a shame. I've been reading the Spurs boards after we beat you in our last regular season meeting. More than half of the posters were whining and calling for Duncan's head, because of his 13 pts performance. They said that he'll never be the same again and that he should be gotten rid of asap. Now Dirk finishes with 20-14 and all of a sudden he becomes the antichrist while the Spurs boards are hailing the allmighty Timmay. I guess that's what you get when you make the internet available for everone.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
xmiltsx

xmiltsx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman
Welcome to the board! And yes, it's a shame. I've been reading the Spurs boards after we beat you in our last regular season meeting. More than half of the posters were whining and calling for Duncan's head, because of his 13 pts performance. They said that he'll never be the same again and that he should be gotten rid of asap. Now Dirk finishes with 20-14 and all of a sudden he becomes the antichrist while the Spurs boards are hailing the allmighty Timmay. I guess that's what you get when you make the internet available for everone.
please dont tell me you were on spurstalk.com, that site doesnt show the true level of spurs fans intelligence.
xmiltsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

edit

Last edited by MFFL; 05-07-2006 at 11:11 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiltsx
please dont tell me you were on spurstalk.com, that site doesnt show the true level of spurs fans intelligence.
are you saying spursreport does? there are a few people there like TVI that i don't mind discussing basketball with, but most of the people on there are ridiculous homers that think that the mavs are going to get whipped in 5 games.

then you have some nits who think the mavs are a more favorable matchup than the kings.

all in all, each board has its share of idiotic homers. then again, every board does.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #7
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur'73
I don't think people are mad that Dirk only got 20, but that he let Bowen "lock him down". Dirk has greatly improved during the season when being hassled by good defenders. I really thought he would do better against Bowen. But, it's just one game. Why can't it be tomorrow already??

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Raef, the problem isn't with just Bowen guarding Dirk. It has much more to do with the double team that came along with it. If it was just Bowen on Dirk, I'd like Dirk's chances to score 25+ a night virtually every game. But if they're going to double with Duncan, it's a different story. And that's what they did the majority of the game after Dirk's good first.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Raef, the problem isn't with just Bowen guarding Dirk. It has much more to do with the double team that came along with it. If it was just Bowen on Dirk, I'd like Dirk's chances to score 25+ a night virtually every game. But if they're going to double with Duncan, it's a different story. And that's what they did the majority of the game after Dirk's good first.
I know what you are saying, but it seemed to me like Dirk was rattled and not his usual self. Also, it didn't seem to me like his teammates were looking to get him as involved as he usually is. Hopefully that will change tomorrow night, and when Dirk does get double-teamed frequently, Stackhouse can't be the only guy hitting his shots. As tired as I am of the ABC promos dealing with confidence and knowing you are better than your opponent and that you can beat them on any given night, I want to see the Mavs come out KNOWING they can and will get the win. I didn't get that sense from them when they started the game yesterday.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote