Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default SA @ LA

SA down 96-102 with 40sec left
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

SA headed towards their 6th loss... down 96-104 with 28 sec left
Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

99-104 with 20s left

Last edited by V2M; 12-10-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Now maybe the Mavs will take advantage and run away with the lead. I can't stand that we have to keep hoping for the Spurs to lose.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #6
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Duncan didn't demand the ball enough. He isn't a true supersar a la Kobe and Wade.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
V2M
Diamond Member

99-106 Final. SA catch us in the loss column!

Manu & Bowen combined are 8 of 8 FTs, while TD & TP go for 5 of 12.

Odom has a near triple double: 18/11/9
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #8
V2M
Diamond Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Duncan didn't demand the ball enough. He isn't a true supersar a la Kobe and Wade.
Yep... superstars can't shoot just 9 times!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #9
V2M
Diamond Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I can't stand that we have to keep hoping for the Spurs to lose.
True... I can't wait for the day when we just expect 'em to
Old 12-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I will always hope the Spurs lose, even when we are up by plenty in the division. It's still satisfying when they lose.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 12-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Nash, I understand that. I'm talking about losing when it comes to the division lead though. It's been that way the last few years.

I want the Spurs fans to hope we lose for a change.

No travel time but the Spurs face the Clippers tomorrow night. We know how well the Spurs play on a b2b games.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
He'll never win a championship if he doesn't demand the ball at the end of games.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Nash, I understand that. I'm talking about losing when it comes to the division lead though. It's been that way the last few years.

I want the Spurs fans to hope we lose for a change.

No travel time but the Spurs face the Clippers tomorrow night. We know how well the Spurs play on a b2b games.
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I hope it's that way too. That would be awesome, and I think it will happen this year.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 12-11-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't quite understand this not hoping for the spurs to lose thing?? I mean if we have to win 70+ games to take the division that's kind of silly.

You always hope that they lose so you can win more than they. If they don't lose, you cannot do that unless you don't lose either.

I understand wanting to have the spurts chase us, but the other??

??
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-11-2006, 01:04 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

Oh NO...dirk is telling Jet to shoot more. The mavs will never, ever win a championship if dirk is letting jet get some of his shots.

Quote:
And Nowitzki said he's willing to do the prodding.

"I have to push him all the time," he said. "I tell him, 'You taking 10 shots, that's not what we want.'

"If he takes 20 shots, nobody's going to be mad at him. He's trying to run the point guard some and get everybody involved, but when he's aggressive and gets his points, it opens up a lot of things for the other guys."
Old 12-11-2006, 01:52 AM   #16
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Lakers got hote in the third; Spurs choked at the free throw line down the stretch; terrible night for me--the Cowboys lost and the Spurs lost--damn!
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:00 AM   #17
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

BTW--I am at work tonight (working all-night shift tonight) and thus could not see either the Spurs or the Cowboys game.

Is that true--Tim only took 9 shots?!

No excuse for that--none. Period.

Hopefully Timmy rebounds against the Clippers.

Superstars have off-nights all the time--so I don't think we should hang out Tim Duncan, Dirk, Jet, Kobe, or anyone--after having a subpar game. What matters is a pattern--is a go-to player consistently not taking the ball in their hands during the stretch in tight games.

As much as I am disappointed in Tim tonight--I still am proud he plays for my team and will not bash him.

Last edited by Big Shot Rob; 12-11-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:04 AM   #18
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
BTW--I am at work tonight (working all-night shift tonight) and thus could not see either the Spurs or the Cowboys game.

Is that true--Tim only took 9 shots?!

No excuse for that--none. Period.

Hopefully Timmy rebounds against the Clippers.

Superstars have off-nights all the time--so I don't think we should hang out Tim Duncan, Dirk, Jet, Kobe, or anyone--after having a subpar game. What matters is a pattern--is a go-to player consistently not taking the ball in their hands during the stretch in tight games.

As much as I am disappointed in Tim tonight--I still am proud he plays for my team and will not bash him.

Tim was 7-9 FGs and 2-6 FTs in 38min
Old 12-11-2006, 02:09 AM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lakers got hote in the third; Spurs choked at the free throw line down the stretch; terrible night for me--the Cowboys lost and the Spurs lost--damn!
take this as some sort of mutual respect/hatred whatever....

but...... suck it!

Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 AM   #20
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys, i'm a Mavs fan but also a Laker fan and i wanna know what you guys think of the Lakers? what seed do you see them finishing?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #21
Big Shot Rob

I think the Lakers will do extremely well this year--may even get to the finals.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:02 AM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple&Gold
Hey guys, i'm a Mavs fan but also a Laker fan and i wanna know what you guys think of the Lakers? what seed do you see them finishing?
They're solid this year, Kob is finally getting Odom fully involved. They look good, I say 6th seed seems most likely (behind Mavs,Spurs,Suns,Jazz,Rockets)

Quote:
I think the Lakers will do extremely well this year--may even get to the finals.
No way.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 AM   #23
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
They're solid this year, Kob is finally getting Odom fully involved. They look good, I say 6th seed seems most likely (behind Mavs,Spurs,Suns,Jazz,Rockets)

No way.
Easy call.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:15 AM   #24
Big Shot Rob

Only reason why I say that is because once the playoffs start, a team can get hot. There is no guarantee SA will get into the finals as much as I hope they will.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #25
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #26
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Eyes wide,
Palms up,
That's the way Tim likes to suck.

Last edited by capitalcity; 12-11-2006 at 09:50 AM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #27
MavsFanFinley
Guru

BigShotRob, I hate to say it but Kwame Brown was doing an excellent job on Duncan and denying him the ball and keeping him off the boards. The Lakers also did a good job of collapsing in the lane to deny Parker inside.

Finley sucked after shooting 54% from the previous 3 games. I thought he was maybe breaking out of his slump. Bowen was on fire early and then forgotten in the 2nd half. Barry was playing like the old Barry when he passed up shots.

The Spurs probably would have been fine if it were for that little stretch at the end of the 3rd. Parker had a turnover late and then Ginobli had 3 consecutive in under a minute and the Lakers made them pay each time. They also got owned on the boards and killed in the paint. I thought Pop learned his lesson with small ball last season. A lineup of Duncan-Finley-Bowen-Barry (or Ginobli)-Parker (or Udrih) isn't going to get it done against some teams.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #28
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IMO, the only way the Lakers get to the finals is if they figure out how to get KGarnett from Minnesota.

The playoffs are a different game than regular season. Of course if the NBA decides that Kobe is a better shoe seller than whomever he plays, then it is possible.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote