Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unofficial thanks for the great moments jet thread.

Jet...thanks for all of the time you looked up into the crowd and reveled in their cheers, cheering them on as much as yourself.

Thanks for the absolutely irrational optimism.

Thanks for your absolutely unconscious confidence.

Thanks for. The bonehead plays and all of the "oh shit, jet" shots that went in. ,

Thanks for tattoo and never forgetting 06.

If I have a vote, your jersey is right next to the dirksters. Love ya dude.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

This.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say Dirk without his JET.

The tattoo was the single craziest thing I've ever seen in a sport context. Well done fella.

Well done.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

yep.

and dont forget,,,, thanks for playing with enough passion to punch fin in the testicles.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This thread makes my ass want to take a dip of snuff!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
This thread makes my ass want to take a dip of snuff!!
dont do it. colon cancer is a silent killer
Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jet...thanks for all of the time you looked up into the crowd and reveled in their cheers, cheering them on as much as yourself.

Thanks for. The bonehead plays and all of the "oh shit, jet" shots that went in. ,

Great post.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Great series against the Thunder. Gonna help to get big bucks from the 29 other teams....
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Great series against the Thunder. Gonna help to get big bucks from the 29 other teams....
I assume this is sarcasm since he wasn't good against the Thunder?

It was a nice run. It will certainly be bittersweet to see him on another team.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Always loved the guy, even when i was mad at him, and will never forget the great moments. He's a Maverick forever.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 05-05-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

If this is it for Jet, then obviously all that needs to be said is thank you. One of the greatest trades Donnie ever made. Jet doesn't have the highest IQ, he certainly doesn't jump the highest, and he's small for the position he plays, but dude has balls and I truly believed he loved being a Dallas Maverick.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
SlimMavsFan

SlimMavsFan has a spectacular aura aboutSlimMavsFan has a spectacular aura aboutSlimMavsFan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
If this is it for Jet, then obviously all that needs to be said is thank you. One of the greatest trades Donnie ever made. Jet doesn't have the highest IQ, he certainly doesn't jump the highest, and he's small for the position he plays, but dude has balls and I truly believed he loved being a Dallas Maverick.
Actually, Jet is one of the more impressive athletes in the NBA all things considered. For him to be 34 years old, his speed, shooting, and jumping ability (he can dunk in traffic at 6'2", not saying he does it all the time but he can) are all amazing. Jet has lost very little to age (except mentally ). To put it another way, what 6'2" guards 34 or older are able to play the way he does? Not just now, but ever really... Nash comes to mind. Keep in mind when I say "the way he does" I mean playing a game highly dependent on athletic ability. Chauncey Billups is an old guard who's effective, but all he really does is stand around and shoot threes and draw fouls by plowing through people and fooling the refs.

Last edited by SlimMavsFan; 05-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.
SlimMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Always thought he was way more trouble than he was worth. You know what they used to say about two-guards...dime a dozen. For every Mike Finley there are are ten Jason Terrys.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Such a love-hate relationship while he was here. Starting with leaving Nash open in his first postseason, through 7-25 in the finals, leaving Chalmers open, disappearing against San Antonio in the last few minutes of game 2 in 2010... then remembering his shot over LeBron near the end of game 5 in the finals, and that ridiculous rainbow baseline jumper he hit over Tim Duncan in game 3 of the 2006 series... I love Jet, even though he routinely drove me absolutely crazy while he was here. His number will be in the rafters and he is one of the five greatest Mavericks of all time.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #15
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:

Would read again.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
One of the worst flops (Antoine Walker) became one of our biggest successes (Terry).

I'd be thrilled for that kind of result from trading Lamar.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #17
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Always thought he was way more trouble than he was worth. You know what they used to say about two-guards...dime a dozen. For every Mike Finley there are are ten Jason Terrys.
I'm not sure what the basis for that last remark is. Everyone's entitled to their favorites, but Terry has had an objectively better career than Finley. There isn't a single noteworthy statistical category where Finley is superior to Terry, and some of them weigh pretty heavily toward Terry.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #18
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice

I gotta say that I can't tell y'all how many times over the years I said, "I've got no use for Jason Terry." But he gradually improved over the years and changed my feeling somewhat, while still doing bone-headed things like fouling Odom at halfcourt, leaving Chalmers wide open, and fouling Durant on the inbounds play the other night.

Be that as it may, the sheer guts this dude has considering his size and limited athleticism is remarkable. I thought he was crazy and stupid for getting that tattoo and calling out LeBron, but I was wrong. Regardless of his many playoff failures, he stood up when it counted most during last year's playoff run and he therefore will always have a special place in my heart.

More importantly, however, I think he was the perfect compliment to Dirk in regards to attitude and team chemistry. He has been a consummate professional, never getting in trouble, always staying in shape, and leaving it all out on the court. What else could we have asked for?
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #19
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If I have a vote, your jersey is
right next to the dirksters. Love ya dude.
Even though JET would really piss me off sometimes, I absolutely agree with this.

Without JET we wouldn't have accomplished all that we have.

JET comes after Dirk in most important Mavs right now (or was).

Thank you Jason Terry for all the great moments and memories (should he sign elsewhere).

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

Why is everyone assuming he won't be here next year?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm not sure what the basis for that last remark is. Everyone's entitled to their favorites, but Terry has had an objectively better career than Finley. There isn't a single noteworthy statistical category where Finley is superior to Terry, and some of them weigh pretty heavily toward Terry.
Then that speaks very, very poorly about Terry...if he would be remembered much less fondly than a guy he was "objectively" superior to.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then that speaks very, very poorly about Terry...if he would be remembered much less fondly than a guy he was "objectively" superior to.
Nice moving target. And here I thought that "shooting guards (like Terry) are a dime a dozen" was a reference to on-court abilities, not which player chum thinks is a cooler guy.

I look forward to hearing more about which player is "remembered much less fondly" when Terry is having his jersey put up in the AAC rafters. Maybe afterwards they'll show some highlights of Finley winning all those championships with the Mavericks.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

Do I really have to parse it for you? Two-guards are a dime a dozen, meaning you can always find someone to shoot the ball. For every one Mike Finley there are ten Jason Terrys, meaning that some guys transcend the on-court position. Now, I'm just one man, so I'm sure you don't care who I think is a "cooler guy." But I have eyes and can observe how both men comport themselves and how they are received by the organization and the fan base.

What makes you so sure Terry's number goes up before Finley's does?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Terry won a championship, Finley not only didn't win us a championship but possibly prevented us from winning championships after he left and won with the Spurs
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Terry has some hardware, yes. But Finley is the Godfather. There is NO doubt about that.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Finley a "Mavs great"? Personally, I'd have no problem with his jersey not being retired at all.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, dear.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Finley was a great Mav indeed. But Jersey in the rafters great? No.
Terry deserves to have his in the rafters
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Oh, dear.
Postulate if you want. I'm simply saying #4 being retired is by NO MEANS a sure thing.

Unless Cube's has a soft spot for the flying tiger, his career numbers and the fact that he never won anything while here leaves something to be desired when one considers what retiring a jersey means. It means you were a franchise legend.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
chumdawg
Guru

What's hanging up there right now? The 22 and the 15? That's it, right? If the 31 goes in, it's only because he happened to be on the title team (in which case, why not raise them all?).
Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Postulate if you want. I'm simply saying #4 being retired is by NO MEANS a sure thing.

Unless Cube's has a soft spot for the flying tiger, his career numbers and the fact that he never won anything while here leaves something to be desired when one considers what retiring a jersey means. It means you were a franchise legend.
You asked if he was a "Mavs great," sike. Probably only Rolando Blackman was/is a greater Mavs great. It was a wild question.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
LonghornDub

Quote:
Do I really have to parse it for you? Two-guards are a dime a dozen, meaning you can always find someone to shoot the ball. For every one Mike Finley there are ten Jason Terrys, meaning that some guys transcend the on-court position. Now, I'm just one man, so I'm sure you don't care who I think is a "cooler guy." But I have eyes and can observe how both men comport themselves and how they are received by the organization and the fan base.
This is just so abstract and undefinable. He "transcends" the position? Ok. I'm glad you think so.

I won't belabor the point anymore, but what you're saying now doesn't square in any way with your earlier claim that "two guards are a dime a dozen." You clearly had some idea that Finley was the better shooting guard, which is not the case by any metric whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I think there's a significant chance Finley's number doesn't go up at all. But even if it does, it'll be next to a championship banner with Terry's name lining the top. And Finley's highlight videos will play next to Terry's, which feature two Finals performances, numerous clutch plays in huge playoff games, and Terry being the Mavs best player during their biggest game ever.

But yeah, Terry will be "much less fondly" remembered. Totally.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Is Finley a "Mavs great"? Personally, I'd have no problem with his jersey not being retired at all.
Ditto that. Finley was a good player and an exceptionally nice human being. I'm not sure he's anywhere near jersey-retirement level.

And to chum's remark that Terry just "happened to be" on the championship team: lol. Big lol.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #35
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
This is just so abstract and undefinable. He "transcends" the position? Ok. I'm glad you think so.
Do you not understand what "transcend" means?

Quote:
I think there's a significant chance Finley's number doesn't go up at all. But even if it does, it'll be next to a championship banner with Terry's name lining the top. And Finley's highlight videos will play next to Terry's, which feature two Finals performances, numerous clutch plays in huge playoff games, and Terry being the Mavs best player during their biggest game ever.

But yeah, Terry will be "much less fondly" remembered. Totally.
Ooooh, is that you "scoreboarding?" Scoreboarding a franchise stalwart? To win a message board bet?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
mav4ever

Quote:
and Terry being the Mavs best player during their biggest game ever.
boom goes the dynamite
Old 05-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

Hate to break it to you youngsters, but Finley was also the best player in our "biggest game ever," at least twice.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #38
LonghornDub

Quote:
Do you not understand what "transcend" means?
I understand that you like to invoke unquantifiable concepts as much as possible because you know they're not falsifiable and you feel like this strengthens your position.

Here, I'll do the chum: Terry transcended the shooting-guard position. In fact, he did so more than Finley. Disprove.

Quote:
Ooooh, is that you "scoreboarding?" Scoreboarding a franchise stalwart? To win a message board bet?
I'd say Terry scoreboarded him by being the better player, both overall and in the most important games.

And in keeping with my adoption of chum tactics above, I'll also say that Terry is a greater "franchise stalwart" than Finley ever was.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #39
LonghornDub

Quote:
Hate to break it to you youngsters, but Finley was also the best player in our "biggest game ever," at least twice.
I was wondering how long it would take you to explicitly bust out the old-man card. Well done. I just wish you hadn't used it to make such a preposterous argument.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

And you are establishing what? That sports message board conversations are by their very nature inane? Good job, hero.

(P.S. You still don't get "transcend," when it comes to Finley.)