Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I left the league to make it an even number of managers again.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2006, 04:12 AM   #42
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

how unselfish
when is the new draft time? today would be nice
Old 10-29-2006, 04:50 AM   #43
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I left the league to make it an even number of managers again.
Seriously...that's not fair. Come back in...surely U2 can figure something out.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:31 AM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it really isn't up to me. I got an e-mail that stated for a live draft we have to have an even number of participants (because it's a head-to-head league).

I am looking at available times left... not much really.... here is the rundown:

Only times on Monday or Tuesday left.

Monday 8AM-3PM
Tuesday 8AM-6PM

Let me hear from you! The times above are CST.

We can draft after those dates/times but we would miss some games obviously.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #45
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Anytime is fine for me, just let me know and I'll rope off some time at work.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #46
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

monday or tuesday at noon is fine for me
Old 10-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #47
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

New Draft time: Monday, October 30 12:00PM CST
Old 10-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #48
Pongo
Golden Member

thanks u2
Old 10-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #49
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Seriously...that's not fair. Come back in...surely U2 can figure something out.
Nah, it's fine. I could only do it on Tuesday anyway. If we find someone else before then, then I'll rejoin.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #50
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Yahoo is freakin' retarded. Someone explain to me how having a head-to-head league has anything to do with needing an even number of teams? I don't get it. I mean...one team will have a bye each week...but as far as the draft goes?

1 22 23
2 21 24
3 20 25
4 19 26
5 18 27
6 17 28
7 16 29
8 15 30
9 14 31
10 13 32
11 12 33

etc...

What's so complicated?

Last edited by ocelot_ark; 10-29-2006 at 01:53 PM.
ocelot_ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #51
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

ALERT!!!!Less than 40 minutes until draft time!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #52
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Skipping lunch for this, dammit.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Eating lunch in my cube for this....

Dangit, I forgot that my work blocked this crap. Now I gotta Remote into my home PC. Ugg.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #54
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else getting a can't connect to server error?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Anybody else getting a can't connect to server error?
I did, behind my work's firewall. Had to remote to my home pc.

You had the first pick, btw.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #56
Pongo
Golden Member

was a fun draft...
joe smith getting picked in 4th round :P
Old 10-30-2006, 02:19 PM   #57
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Prepare to be dominated by the fiercest defense this side of the 80's era Detroit Pistons. Rawr!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:48 PM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Prepare to be dominated by the fiercest defense this side of the 80's era Detroit Pistons. Rawr!
giggle.

I got Dirk..... which means y'all lose.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #59
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Dang. Didn't realize Bobby Simmons was hurt too.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 PM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yup. And I get to play U2 at least once without Pau, so that's good.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #61
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the draft (I had class) and might have the worst lineup ever.

AI
Redd
Brandon Roy
Ron Artest
Chris Bosh
Joe Smith
Raef

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #62
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one

AI
Redd
Brandon Roy
Ron Artest
Chris Bosh
Joe Smith
Raef

Ouch, that's brutal. Joe Smith and Raeff in your starting lineup?!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #63
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

yep. stupid school
Old 10-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #64
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, gotta agree with you there, school sucks.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #65
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Nothing tops the Kris Humphries pick. That was way too comical.

Anyways, my lineup:

Guards

Marbury
Francis
Harris
Pierce
R. Davis
Hamilton

Forwards

Melo
Jamison
Okafor
Harrington
K. Martin
Sheldon Williams

Center

Ming
Curry
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:26 AM   #66
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like this most recent league will have quite a bit of free agency action

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:57 AM   #67
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dallas-Mavs.com Fantasy Basketball League 2006 - Update 2nd League added

Here's my team:

Guards
D. Wade (Mia - PG,SG)
S. Nash (Pho - PG)
B. Davis (GS - PG)
T. Ford (Tor - PG)
R. Bell (Pho - SG)
S. Parker (LAL - PG)
R. Felton (Cha - PG)

Forwards
C. Villanueva (Mil - SF,PF)
D. Granger (Ind - SF,PF)
L. Odom (LAL - SF,PF)
R. Lewis (Sea - SF)
S. Jackson (Ind - SG,SF)

Centre
T. Chandler (NOK - C)
M. Bonner (SA - PF,C)

I definitely need more Centres. Make me an offer and any of my team is up for trade.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!

Last edited by OzMavs; 10-31-2006 at 03:17 AM.
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 AM   #68
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

nice guard line, ozzy....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-31-2006, 03:09 AM   #69
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Nice guards, and having Felton as a forward is very interesting

You definetly need a better starting center than Bonner, btw, getting Nashty was a great pick

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-31-2006 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:16 AM   #70
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Nice guards, and having Felton as a forward is very interesting

You definetly need a better starting center than Bonner, btw, getting Nashty was a great pick
Yeah, I noticed that. I'm going for super-small ball in Charlotte! I really need to get some rebounding strength.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 AM   #71
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Nothing tops the Kris Humphries pick. That was way too comical.
Hey... I had it on auto pick, I'm not sure why it picked him. Hopefully it will be a breakout year
Old 10-31-2006, 11:25 AM   #72
Pongo
Golden Member

Quote:

AI
Redd
Brandon Roy
Ron Artest
Chris Bosh
Joe Smith
Raef

your matchup:

Guards
Arenas
Ray Allen
T-Mac
Deron Williams
Jameer Nelson
Quisy
'dre Miller

Forwards
M Miller
Troy Murphy
Z Randolph
Channing Frye

Centers
Camby
Kaman
Przybilla
Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #73
sike
The Preacha

Troy Murphy will be getting center eligibility, right?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #74
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Troy Murphy will be getting center eligibility, right?
Assuming Yahoo updates their positions promptly, yes, he should.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #75
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

K. Hinrich
L. Barbosa
T. Parker
R. Foye
A. Iguodala
B. Wells
B. Simmons
A. Kirilenko
K. Garnett
M. Williams
D. Howard
A. Jefferson
B. Wallace
N. Krstic

Recognize.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

lol eff this crap, they autodrafted me terribly. any way i can quit? there's really no point..
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #77
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
lol eff this crap, they autodrafted me terribly. any way i can quit? there's really no point..
The only way they would have taken those players is if you messed up your rankings somehow. They autodraft based on the Yahoo rakings, and several of your players were no where near draftable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 AM   #78
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Assuming Yahoo updates their positions promptly, yes, he should.
good....cause I drafted him assuming this would happen...

by the by.....I'm feeling a bit more love than hate for thiggy today....but that could turn on a dime....and I'm hoping it will.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #79
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The only way they would have taken those players is if you messed up your rankings somehow. They autodraft based on the Yahoo rakings, and several of your players were no where near draftable.
The only players I changed on the draft were Dirk and Marion. I have no idea why they drafted people I've never heard of.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #80
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
good....cause I drafted him assuming this would happen...

by the by.....I'm feeling a bit more love than hate for thiggy today....but that could turn on a dime....and I'm hoping it will.
Are we going to need daily, perhaps even hourly, updates on this? lol

Mavs Net Ratings By Game