Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-26-2006, 03:41 AM   #41
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs Rule
What or who are my favorites, and why do they suck?
Well, you'd have to tell me what your favorites were, and I'd have to explain to you why they suck.

My location came about from when I was in full-fledged Media Snob (my previous undertitle) mode. I consider myself a huge music and film junkie, and other people's choices on this board often clashed with my personal opinions on those choices. I was very blunt in telling them so, but I have since decided it's not worth any sort of drama. Now I simply shake my head and laugh when I read some horrendous band/movie that Poster X likes.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2006, 03:44 AM   #42
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I like this thread idea, here's my question for you:

Do you really like taffy that much to make it your username?
No, I actually don't like taffy at all. Chaffy is a variation of my last name. A friend of mine from high school came up with the nickname Saltwater Chaffy (you know, since Chaffy rhymes with taffy), I liked it, so I adopted it.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:53 AM   #43
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I really enjoy being able-bodied. The idea of being handicapped is very frightening to me, so if my answers seem high, that is why.

Finger: 25k
Hand: 1 million
Leg: Absolutely not.
Best friend's leg: Absolutely not.
I bet in real life, if it really came to it, your answers are short by an order of magnitude. In the case of the hand, maybe more.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:56 AM   #44
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I bet in real life, if it really came to it, your answers are short by an order of magnitude. In the case of the hand, maybe more.
You are probably right. The finger (depending on which one) could probably remain at 25k, though more would be nice. The hand, I'm going to need enough to live on very comfortably, like 250k a year for the rest of my life, or maybe just another Absolutely not.

In any case, it's really hard to put a monetary value on something that is such a common part of my life that I take for granted.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 11-26-2006 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:57 AM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
No, I actually don't like taffy at all. Chaffy is a variation of my last name. A friend of mine from high school came up with the nickname Saltwater Chaffy (you know, since Chaffy rhymes with taffy), I liked it, so I adopted it.
Oh, I see

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:58 AM   #46
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

where did you go out tonight? slash why am i so drunk?
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:05 AM   #47
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsMandy
where did you go out tonight? slash why am i so drunk?
Since it's Thanksgiving weekend, a lot of friends who are still at school are in town, and there was a party going on at a friend's house in Richardson. A good friend of mine was going to perform a song as his alter ego "ZenCandy", but technical difficulties made that an impossibility. I would have stayed longer, but I'm in a rather weird mood, and I had to get out of there.

Re: slash: Are you asking if I'm drunk? I'm not, though I'm decently tipsy off some cheap wine that was there. If you're asking why you are drunk, I'd have to say that it's because you are a pansy.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 11-26-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 AM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoa tap the breaks...Mandy is no pansy.

I miss her being around more often and hope Stanford is going quite well.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:23 AM   #49
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

We done here? This is pretty fun, and I'm willing to do more.

If not, is anyone else interested in volunteering to be in the well?

Old 11-27-2006, 01:30 AM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go for it..

guess I need to make a new thread right?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:51 AM   #51
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'll be next, after fluid.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:54 PM   #52
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
this is a pretty clear fold dude, unless you want to make a stand with your stack with jacks.
bingo...

I'm out unless I just have a read that I can't ignore.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #53
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Have you ever had dreams of sike of a sexual nature? And when answered in the affirmative...have you ever acted on them?
I'm not sure of the right word...but dang I "something" you...I'm thinking "hate" or "loathe" might be the correct words

so can we still as chaff a question or do we have to move on?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-27-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #54
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I will absolutely still field questions.

I just wanted to allow a few days time (fluid might have jumped the gun a bit) so we don't have 10 Wells dominating the Lounge.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #55
sike
The Preacha

how did you come to poker?...and where do you play?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #56
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

What band/album/song got you into music? If different, what band/album/song made you a discerning music fan (ya know, the self-proclaimed media snob)?
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #57
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
how did you come to poker?...and where do you play?
I'm just another lame college student who got hooked into the Moneymaker craze of the 2003 WSOP. ESPN re-aired the hell out of that year, and I watched it a ton. Tooled around for a while, then had some sort of minor breakthrough in summer of 04, where I started thinking a lot more about how to play. I think I play better than the average player, but the average player isn't very good.

Right now, my home site is Pokerstars, where I play lower-level SNGs, with an occasional MTT for fun. I do it mainly as a release, not as a moneymaking opportunity. I will occasionally get on a nice rush and make a few dollars on the side, which is nice.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:35 PM   #58
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
What band/album/song got you into music? If different, what band/album/song made you a discerning music fan (ya know, the self-proclaimed media snob)?
I grew up listening to KissFM in elementary school, discovered the Edge around 4th-5th grade, blah blah blah. I never really paid a great deal to what I was listening to those days. It was around 9th grade that I found Pink Floyd, and other classic rock staples, and I began to "hear" the music, I suppose. I listened to the Wall about 25 times in a week, then got a hold of DSotM, rocked the hell out of that, followed up with WYWH, Animals, etc.

Still my favorite band of all time.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #59
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I'm just another lame college student who got hooked into the Moneymaker craze of the 2003 WSOP. ESPN re-aired the hell out of that year, and I watched it a ton. Tooled around for a while, then had some sort of minor breakthrough in summer of 04, where I started thinking a lot more about how to play. I think I play better than the average player, but the average player isn't very good.

Right now, my home site is Pokerstars, where I play lower-level SNGs, with an occasional MTT for fun. I do it mainly as a release, not as a moneymaking opportunity. I will occasionally get on a nice rush and make a few dollars on the side, which is nice.
you ever play at Winstar?

Old 11-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #60
MavsMandy

MavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really niceMavsMandy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Whoa tap the breaks...Mandy is no pansy.

I miss her being around more often and hope Stanford is going quite well.
i'm definitely not a pansy. i'll let it slide, but only this time...next time you're getting beaten up.

i'm around pretty frequently, but just lurking for the most part. school is going very well...i graduate in the spring, and then i'm coming back to dallas to start work in the fall. california has been awesome, but i'm looking forward to getting back to texas (and not just because it means that i'll get to watch more mavs games).
MavsMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #61
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be glad to have you back.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #62
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
you ever play at Winstar?
I've been up there a few times, made some decent money playing the 4/8 limit game. Don't think I've played NL up there at all. The 4/8 limit is amazingly soft, and I've heard good things about the 2/5 NL. Supposedly they are now offering 5/10 Omaha, which I would think would be an incredible game, since no one actually knows how to play, but allegedly it's all rocks in that game.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #63
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsMandy
i'm definitely not a pansy. i'll let it slide, but only this time...next time you're getting beaten up.
Please don't hurt me. I was only joking.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #64
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I've been up there a few times, made some decent money playing the 4/8 limit game. Don't think I've played NL up there at all. The 4/8 limit is amazingly soft, and I've heard good things about the 2/5 NL. Supposedly they are now offering 5/10 Omaha, which I would think would be an incredible game, since no one actually knows how to play, but allegedly it's all rocks in that game.
its easy pickings in the low NL games...I've never left on the negative margin...wait for the sucker and reel it in.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:35 AM   #65
sike
The Preacha

how many girls have you kissed romantically

Old 11-29-2006, 01:11 AM   #66
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
how many girls have you kissed romantically
Yikes. I'm not what you call a balla. I'm a decent looking dude (now anyway), but I've always had problems dealing with the opposite sex, mostly due to self-confidence issues. I would have to say this number is somwhere between 5-10.

I'm still young, and getting better. I do have one girl that I'm semi-dating right now, and another pretty good prospect, so that's nice.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I do have one girl that I'm semi-dating right now, and another pretty good prospect, so that's nice.
sounds like a playa

Old 11-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #68
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

IF YOU WERE A PORNO ACTOR, WHAT WOULD YOUR NAME BE?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #69
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Pepper Paxton

Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #70
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pepper Paxton
haha, good work.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 AM   #71
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

since we seem to be in the same boat pokerwise (experience, $$ level, etc), let me throw this out and pick your poker brain to see what you'd do...

single table tourney, 3 left (paying 3). i'm in the bb with about 3400, the button has about 1800 (a little loose - typical - but seems solid enough), and the sb is the big chip leader with just under 10k (loose but has played his big stack pretty well by bullying the table). the blinds are 150 and 300.

i get QJo in the bb, the button limps, sb calls, i check (maybe should have raised here... oh well). the flop is AJT rainbow. the sb checks. what do you do from here?

will play the hand out after i see your answer....

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 11-30-2006 at 07:41 AM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:38 PM   #72
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

First of all, that is such an amazingly bad play by the button, that I'm not sure this hand is real. Oh wait, people are really that bad If he's solid as you say (which I doubt due to the limp), I'll likely check here, and see what happens.

Conversely, you can lead out, but if he pushes, he's probably slowplayed a big hand. You still have to call, which I assume he knows, since he's solid, which is why I think big hand. (Whatta sentence!)

This is what is usually referred to as way ahead or way behind. It seems like your best case scenario is a raggy ace, which still has you drawing to only 10 outs.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 11-30-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #73
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
sounds like a playa
Not so much. In fact, I hadn't heard from the girl I was semi-dating for a while. Two nights ago, I send her a message asking why I hadn't heard from her. Yesterday, I get a message back saying "I have been seeing someone."

Awesome, and very typical.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #74
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

it's hard to say without having seen the rest of the tourney played out. I might have placed a little "feeler" bet before the flop, depending on how much "big stacks" poker the chip leader had been playing.

what happened then?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #75
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

Quote:
First of all, that is such an amazingly bad play by the button, that I'm not sure this hand is real. Oh wait, people are really that bad If he's solid as you say (which I doubt due to the limp), I'll likely check here, and see what happens.

Conversely, you can lead out, but if he pushes, he's probably slowplayed a big hand. You still have to call, which I assume he knows, since he's solid, which is why I think big hand. (Whatta sentence!)

This is what is usually referred to as way ahead or way behind. It seems like your best case scenario is a raggy ace, which still has you drawing to only 10 outs.
well, solid for a typical ub sit n go, for whatever that's worth....

i bet out 700.

i didn't put the button on an ace because i had seen him raise 3 or 4 times preflop since we went 3 handed, and although he never got to a showdown, i assume he did it with any ace. i figure if he doesn't have an ace, like you said, i'm either in good shape or way behind. i was actually more worried about the sb slowplaying because he'd been betting his rags and checking his pairs. turns out he wasn't a factor.

the button pushed allin (another 800 or so to me), the sb folded.

well, i'm getting 3 to 1 with 2nd pair and a gutshot draw 3 handed and i'd still have about 1600 left if i lost, so i called. i'm thinking i've got him dominated with his J9 or J8, or maybe he's open ended. those are the good scenarios. the bad - bottom two, broadway, ace rag, KJ. for that price, i've got to call.

he had JTo. ouch. i've got 3 queens, 4 kings, and 3 aces. not bad considering. i turn a queen and bust him.

now the question - did i make a bad call on the flop? this guy proceeded to rip me for about 5 minutes of my heads up play for making a donk call. i tried to explain my reasoning, as i've done here, but he wouldn't have it. i finally had to mute the observer chat because he was distracting me (didn't matter, ended up all in with AKo vs. AJs, flopped an ace, rivered a jack). thoughts?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #76
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

After leading out, you made the right call, and it's not even close.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #77
sike
The Preacha

how long has your most successful relationship been...and how did flaco take when yall finally broke it off?

Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #78
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I have never been in any long term relationship.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #79
sike
The Preacha

you really are hurting flaco when you say those kinds of things...

Old 11-30-2006, 09:46 PM   #80
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ this is senseless thread violence and I won't stand for it