Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2003, 08:28 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Mavs win 105-89.

Mavs are undefeated when I start the game thread.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

That's cold Dooby.

Just for that I'm not posting in this thread!

You've jinxed the game for sure too.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

What did I do?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:16 AM   #4
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Nothing Dooby, she wanted to make the thread as she was undefeated just like you. Either way...

Mavs win.... 115 to 113

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:17 AM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Silly question Dooby.
Did you miss a thread from last night?
GEEZ! Now the game is jinxed. All the Mavs hopes and dreams shattered by a hasty cow!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< Nothing Dooby, she wanted to make the thread as she was undefeated just like you. Either way... >>

Nothing! You call cursing the Laker game nothing!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:35 AM   #7
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

He's undefeated hun. We got to go with experience in this situation. He has won more games, and you have won only one. Until proven otherwise, we have to go with the bigman down low. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tell ya what, you can have the Orlando game on Saturday!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 04-03-2003, 09:39 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Dooby is our &quot;Dirk in the post.&quot; He's our best option down the stretch, and has proven his ability to deliver in the clutch. Nothing against you Sweets, because you appear clutch as well, but gotta go with the one who brung us...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavericks 105, Lakers 98

Old 04-03-2003, 09:40 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< He's undefeated hun. We got to go with experience in this situation. He has won more games, and you have won only one. Until proven otherwise, we have to go with the bigman down low. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tell ya what, you can have the Orlando game on Saturday!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Sure, Sweets, you can have the Saturday game....unless I get my DSL installed by then.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:40 AM   #10
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I hate you all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 09:44 AM   #11
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

No you don't....admit it...you love us [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

No, I hate all of you. You've ruined the Laker game and, worst of all, insulted ME!
It was my right to start this thread and Dooby shamelessly comes in here and first thing opens the thread just to spite me. After all I've done for Dooby! Shameless! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Without my good luck on their side the Mavs are sure to fall tonight and perhaps the whole season is jinxed. All because of Dooby. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #13
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

So you are not a team player and its all about you? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh forgot, you are a female, of course it all about you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But what if we win tonight and Doobys undefeated record remains intact? Will you come back in here and beg for Doobys forgiveness?

Old 04-03-2003, 09:55 AM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Yes, it's all about me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I will never beg for Dooby's forgiveness. I'll be too busy listening to him beg for mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 10:06 AM   #15
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

hehehe.....Dooby don't do it.

If she can't be a team member, than she needs to sit on the bench. Plain and simple. If she doesn't contribute by Saturday, you have my permission to do the Orlando game as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 10:11 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

enough..save this crap for the lounge.
is this the mavs/lakers thread or does another one need to be started?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< Yes, it's all about me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I will never beg for Dooby's forgiveness. I'll be too busy listening to him beg for mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Funny how your personal mesages to me sing a different tune.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 11:36 AM   #18
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

MAVS BEAT LA!
102 x 98
DIRK 34P, 14R
NASH 27P, 10A
NICK 18P
Old 04-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #19
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Mavs 106
Lakers 93

Is there any doubt that Dirk gets at least 30 and 10 tonight?

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:39 AM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited for this game.

I don't care who does what and how much, I just want to see the Mavs get revenge for the loss in LA earlier in the season.

And to play smart ball, to rebound, make the extra pass to the open man, and to keep Kobe quiet.

Is that asking too much? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #21
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

<< I'm excited for this game.

I don't care who does what and how much, I just want to see the Mavs get revenge for the loss in LA earlier in the season.

And to play smart ball, to rebound, make the extra pass to the open man, and to keep Kobe quiet.

>>

I'll have to come back to you on this later. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Let Shaq and Kobe get their 30's. Just shut down their scrubs and we should win this.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:44 AM   #22
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

>>

Actually no, except the Rebound part. How does our stick figures in Shawn and Raef get a rebound from Shaq? We might win the rebound battle if our guards rebound.

What's are starting five tonight?
PG: NASH
SG: FINLEY *IF HES BACK*
SF: RAJA
PF: DIRK
C: RAEF

PG: NASH
SG: NICK
SF: RAJA
PF: DIRK
C: RAEF

Old 04-03-2003, 11:48 AM   #23
CJ

CJ is on a distinguished road

106-104 Mavs win.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:50 AM   #24
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I'm worried about tonight's game...I don't have a good feeling about it.

No score to predict at this time.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:52 AM   #25
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

It's going to be a close one for sure,

Mavs 106
Kobe and Shaq 105
Old 04-03-2003, 11:57 AM   #26
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< What's are starting five tonight?

SG: FINLEY *IF HES BACK*
>>

Well, Finley is out for sure. There was hope that he'd be ready to go if he could get through yesterday's practice. However, he couldn't go 10 minutes on it at 100%. He still felt pain and the Mavs have crossed him off for tonight and against Orlando on Saturday.

So, my guess is this:

C-Bradley
PF-Dirk
SF-Najera
SG-Griffin
PG-Nash

I thought about Raef getting the nod, but Bradley played decent against Shaq in LA earlier in the season. Of course, that was long before Shaq returned to form for the most part. So,, it really could be Bradley or Raef. I'm going with Bradley, though.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:58 AM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

>>

You're asking for NAJERA! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #28
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i think this might be an onslaught,im talking maybe 20,maybe a little less,maybe a little more.
the lakers=shaq seem to have problems braking our zone,they dont have the outside shot Sacto have.

Mavs win 108-93.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #29
fan41

fan41 is on a distinguished road

Dirk will come out huge. Bench is going to destroy the Lakers. The Mav's zone is working again and should shutdown most of LA. Mav's will have decent lead most of game, Mav's win by 5. 102-97 Mavs
fan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:57 PM   #30
Tarzan

Tarzan is on a distinguished road

Here is the perspective from LA

Thursday, April 3, 2003

Opponents' criticism doesn't faze Lakers
It does provide some motivation, however, as they enter the homestretch.
By JANIS CARR
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO – Eight games remain before the playoffs and the Lakers have yet to find their stride.

But they are receiving plenty of motivation from others who question their ability and desire.

Dallas reserve Nick Van Exel is the latest to offer his opinion on how the defending champions will fare in the playoffs. He suggested recently the Lakers would not make it out of the first round, where they will likely play either Sacramento or San Antonio.

&quot;Considering his extensive experience in playoff games, his in-depth knowledge of Finals experience, I take his comments to heart,&quot; Kobe Bryant said sarcastically after Wednesday's practice.

Rick Fox likened Van Exel's comments to something found in supermarket tabloid - sensational and without basis in fact.

&quot;I think that everybody has felt, at some point in the season, that they have to step up and make a prediction about our team, our goal and how we will finish,&quot; Fox said. &quot;Nick's only the latest. He isn't the first and won't be the last.

&quot;It's interesting to debate opinion, but we have our own opinions, too. It's just hot air right now.&quot;

The Lakers could quiet critics by beating Dallas and Sacramento down the stretch. San Antonio swept the four-game season series, while Dallas and the Lakers have split their first two games and Sacramento has won two of three.

&quot;(Beating them) it might shut them up right now, but keeping them quiet for the whole summer is our game plan,&quot; Fox said.

Game plan

The Lakers play at Dallas tonight. Coach Phil Jackson said his team can't get caught up in the Mavericks' transition game. Dallas is averaging a league-high 103.4 points and the Lakers' aging legs have difficulty keeping pace.

&quot;We have to try and keep it a half-court game for three or 31/2 quarters,&quot; Jackson said.

Said Fox: &quot;We can't try and match their style of play run up and down for 48 minutes and try to outscore somebody.&quot;

The last time the teams met, the Lakers staged one of the largest comebacks in franchise history when they overcame a 27-point fourth-quarter deficit. In that game, the Lakers hit 16 of 18 field goals in the final period to win, 105-103.

&quot;Today we talked about trying to reach 50 wins, we talked about trying to get to the fifth or fourth place in the standings,&quot; Jackson said. &quot;But all of those things are inherent upon beating some of these good teams and Dallas is one of them.&quot;

CUBAN'S PRANK

The April Fool's gag Mavericks owner Mark Cuban pulled Tuesday night - staging a mock fight with a fake referee - didn't surprise Jackson.

&quot;Sounds like Mark,&quot; Jackson said. &quot;He's an entertainer, a show-getter.&quot;

Cuban, fined heavily last season for his complaints about officiating, went onto the court during a timeout and began arguing with a man dressed as a game official.

NOTES

Bryant, a career 33.3 percent shooter from the three-point range, is shooting 39.2 this season, tied for 19th in the league. ... Robert Horry is expected to start against the Mavericks instead of Mark Madsen. ... Bryant will join Los Angeles community leaders Monday for ground-breaking ceremonies for the 52-room expansion of the Ronald McDonald Hose in Los Angeles. The Ronald McDonald House provides support for families of sick children.

KEY FACTS
Lakers Tonight
Lakers (43-31)
vs. Dallas (58-18)

Time: 6:30 p.m.
Site: American Airlines Center
TV/radio: KCAL/9, TNT; KLAC/570, KWKW/1330

How they match up

Lakers
Mavs

Points (avg.)

Points against (avg.)

44.8%
Field-goal pct.
45.5%

73.4%
Free-throw pct.
82.6%

Outlook

The Mavericks are expected to be without Michael Finley for a seventh consecutive game. The team's second-leading scorer has been out because of a strained left hamstring. In their last game, Nick Van Exel came off the bench to score 19 points and collect nine assists against Minnesota. Dirk Nowitzki is averaging 24.6 points. He has scored 20 or more points in 28 of his past 30 games. The Lakers play Dallas twice in their final eight games. They meet again at Staples Center next Tuesday.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:18 PM   #31
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

101-98
Mavs

A Nail biter...
Old 04-03-2003, 02:20 PM   #32
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Lakers 105
Mav 98

NVE should have kept his mouth shut. However, I do expect the Mavs to beat the Lakers at Staples. This Laker squad is either fuggin stupid, lazy or both.

Shaq also chimed in on NVE hollow comments. Shaq called NVE a frontrunner who didn't say anything after Shaq SENT him to Denver. He also joked that NVE better play good ball or coach Harris will trade him AGAIN! DOH! NVE and Shaq don't really have a problem, the real bad blood is between NVE and Kobe.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 02:22 PM   #33
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Mavs win, 112-103. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I picked this up off of lakersground.net. The article above didn't include shaq's quote which is kind of humorous, so I thought I would post it:

<< According to 710 am or 690 am sports talk..I forget which station..but Vic the Brick..reported that Van Exel made an off hand comment to reporters after a Mavs practice that went something like...
&quot; The Lakers won't even make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs, hell they're not even the top 2 or 3 teams in the West.&quot;

Here's what I'm trying to remember Kobe and Shaq's response were..

Kobe ... &quot;(Nick) should know considering all the experience he's had in the playoffs and finals the pass few years...so that's what I think of his remarks&quot;

Shaq ... &quot;(Nick) he sure didn't talk a lot when he was out in Denver...maybe he's still mad I SENT HIM THERE&quot;
>>

GO NICK!!, show him who can back up the smack!

edit: I got beat to shaq's quote by way out west. lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #34
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

By far the biggest game of the year for the mavs especially after the 30 point collapse at the staples center. The mavs have to beat the defending champs not just for confidence but because if they don't it will be hard to finish as the one seed w/o tonight.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #35
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

<< Mavs 106
Lakers 93

>>

Actually there is a LOT of doubt to him having a big scoring game tonight. LA plays Dirk well, just like Dallas plays Kobe well.

<< Shaq ... &quot;(Nick) he sure didn't talk a lot when he was out in Denver...maybe he's still mad I SENT HIM THERE&quot; &gt;&gt; >>

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 04:59 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< Mavs 106
Lakers 93

>>

Actually there is a LOT of doubt to him having a big scoring game tonight. LA plays Dirk well, just like Dallas plays Kobe well.

<< Shaq ... &quot;(Nick) he sure didn't talk a lot when he was out in Denver...maybe he's still mad I SENT HIM THERE&quot; &gt;&gt; >>

>>

Horry usually gives Dirk's his fits so this is gonna be a huge challenege for Dirk tonight. Watch out for Nick. He feels he has somethin' to prove tonight.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 05:07 PM   #37
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

IF Nash starts well and Bradley contributes, which I'm predicting he will (really liked his body language last game) then Mavs should win. Robert HO-rry will not hold Dirk to 11 shots again.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #38
CJ

CJ is on a distinguished road

<<
Horry usually gives Dirk's his fits so this is gonna be a huge challenege for Dirk tonight.
>>

i have to agree with this, but I hope Dirk proves otherwise.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #39

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

I cant wait for the game to start at 8:30. Im getting so ancy
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:44 PM   #40
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

<< [Mavs 106
Lakers 93

>>

<< Actually there is a LOT of doubt to him having a big scoring game tonight. LA plays Dirk well, just like Dallas plays Kobe well.

>>

Dallas plays Kobe well? Who exactly plays Kobe well? Do NVE and Fin give him fits????

Of course they may be doubt among some, but I would bet big money on Nowitzki coming out with a vengeance tonight, and I would be highly suprised if he didn't put up AT LEAST 30 and 10.

35 and 15 is my prediction

Hitman

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote