Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 04-17-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does this force Kerry to NOT have hillary/edwards be his vice-president?

Since kerry is now attacking cheney, rove etc. about not having served in 'Nam. Does that mean that his VP choices will be limited to someone who did? Maybe I can see the ads now with kerry attacking those who didn't serve with Edwards face on them.

Or maybe that means it will be hillary who although she was anti-nam would get a pass for not serving? I wonder if Kerry ever criticised clintoon about his service??? Bet not.

Kerry Attacks Bush Officials Who Received Draft Deferrals
By JODI WILGOREN

Published: April 17, 2004

HILADELPHIA, April 16 — Campaigning here in the swing state his wife still calls home, Senator John Kerry on Friday made some of his most pointed and personal attacks yet on the Bush administration, raising questions about top Republicans' lack of military service while highlighting his own.

Mr. Kerry did not specifically attack President Bush, whose service in the National Guard has been the subject of much debate, but he called Vice President Dick Cheney as well as Karl Rove, Mr. Bush's political guru, people "who went out of their way to avoid their chance to serve when they had a chance."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Does this force Kerry to NOT have hillary/edwards be his vice-president?

Seems that it is a good idea to look at quotes in their full length as well as to look at the context. The above does neither.

here's the comments:

PITTSBURGH - Sen. John Kerry said Friday he is tired of having his commitment to national security questioned by Republicans who never served in the military and singled out Vice President Dick Cheney and White House senior advisor Karl Rove by name, saying they ''went out of their way to avoid'' service during the Vietnam War.

In unusually pointed and personal language, Kerry condemned his rivals, who are airing a television commercial that questions the judgment of the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee on national security issues and attacks him for voting against the $87 billion authorization funding for Iraq and Afghanistan.

[b]'I'm tired of these Republicans who spend so much time denigrating Democrats and other peoples' commitment to the defense of our nation,'' Kerry said at a rally on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh. ``I'm tired of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and a bunch of people who went out of their way to avoid their chance to serve when they had the chance. I went [to Vietnam]. I'm not going listen to them talk to me about patriotism.''

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote