Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Texas/Arkansas

Yeah... it does bite.

Congratulations to ocelot_ark..... You guys out ran us by more than 200 yards (so much for our run defense). We couldn't run on you at all. Unbelievable.

We have 3 weeks to figure out who the heck can run.

I never thought it would happen, but Arkansas beat us pretty badly. If it weren't for Johnson and Mock (whom is solidly our number 1 QB now after todays performance, IMO) we would have been blown out.

Save for the last 1:48 seconds, this game is over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texas/Arkansas

texas is soft..is love the longhorns but their issues start with the head coach and go to the offensive co-ordinator.
the team has no sense of urgency until they are down 2 td's late in games. it starts up at the top. brown can recruit as good or better than anyone, but he couldn't coach a good pop warner team
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texas/Arkansas

cedric benson and celvin young are soft as well...

and what in the hell was the coaching staff thinking running a freaking option down near the goal line. idiotic. texas marched down the field on the arm of Mock that drive simply to have brown piss it away
Old 09-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #4
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road
Default Texas/Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
cedric benson and celvin young are soft as well...
It all starts with the O-line.

Anyway... Mock was terrible, I was screaming for V. Young to be put in the game. He would have really helped the rushing offense, and could have given them a spark.

Whoever calls the Horns plays really needs to be replaced. The only times they looked good was when they were throwing the ball deep, but they would always go away from it.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Default Texas/Arkansas

mock wasn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination. what does the guy have to do? He wasn't great but he was definitely solid

yes, the o-line was bad, but when arkansas is sitting back and challenging you to throw the ball, you'd love for the play calling to be a little more aggressive earlier in the game.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:09 PM   #6
Butterball

Butterball is on a distinguished road
Default Texas/Arkansas

wow...Is it just me..or is Texas one of the most difficult teams to be a fan of...

First off...Chance Mock did an alright job. He looks comfortable in the pocket and he didn't try to force anything. Screw blamin the o-line all the way. The burden must lie on our damn running backs!

What the f$@K was that option call. Mack Brown may be one of the most dissapointing game-day coaches.

Carl Reese did not have an answer for any run game. If we could have kept it in the air and actually gotten some stops....oh well...

I dont even wanna hear anybody talkin about outside chances for the National title!

Come on...its time we look ourselves in the mirror...on paper...maybe we are National contenders at the beginning of every year...but something is missing...

All I care about is October 11th...thats all that matters now...thats all our season should be about....I dont care if we lose every other damn game....

but when all is said and done...I still bleed orange...and OU still sucks

Hook'em

would anything be worse than Parcells pulling an Al Roker, getting that stomach-stapling surgery, and looking like a skinny, mutated, shrunken version of himself? I don't think I could handle that emotionally. Some people should just be forced to remain overweight if it fits their persona. I would even make this a law. I feel very strongly about this
Butterball is offline   Reply With Quote