Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 16-11: Mavs beat the Grizz

Well, that was a solid, steady effort tonight. Sure is nice to bring that kind of defense on a night when the offense takes so long to get going.

The player of game for me was Damp. He absolutely carried the team in the first quarter and was dominant in every phase of the game. Which is why I don't understand why he didn't play in the fourth quarter. Bass scored well down the stretch, but that interior defense was porous in key stretches in my opinion.

Jason Kidd had a nice night and is back to looking involved in the offense.

Singleton brought good energy again tonight. His line doesn't look as nice as it did Sunday, but he was effective. I love the elements he bring to the team as the backup PF.

I've been pretty vocal in my opinion that Wright should be at least sharing time with George. I think Wright guards 2's just as well as George and brings a better flow to the offense when he's playing with confidence. However, when George plays like he did tonight, especially when he rebounds like he did tonight, I have to shut up.

Even when George isn't playing at this level, he does bring more flexibility defensively than Wright. Kidd, Josh and George being on the floor together gives you incredible flixibility defensively. Their transition defense is awesome because they don't have to worry as much about getting caught in mismatches. Same goes for defending pick and rolls.

I thought Josh looked a bit more like himself tonight. He didn't shoot the ball well (neither did Dirk early on) but I thought he had a much more well rounded game tonight. Heck, he made a good pass on the break that led to a Jet three. That's headline news.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote