Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default Quis for Mike James in a SNT- RGM RUMOR

Philadelphia Inquirer - A recent rumor has Mik James going to Dallas in a package for guard Marquis Daniels, but GM Bryan Colangelo wouldn't comment when reached Friday afternoon.

The Raptors have little interested in re-signing James, but will look to receive talent in return via a sign-and-trade deal.

Take it for what its worth. I could actually see the trade happening. James is a guard that reminds me of Stack. He is a tough competitor and will play a very physical game. Soon we will find out if he can keep up his high level of play from last season. That being said, I have mixed emotions of Mike James, and they lean towards hating the guy.

Last edited by DubOverdose; 06-25-2006 at 01:48 PM.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

I wonder if James could work the pick and roll better than Terry and Dirk?

I love James though...he's tough and loves going to the basket.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I would love for this trade to happen. We'd be getting exactly what we need.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

James is a pitbull and gives the mavs some toughness, but I wonder if this means that they might let Terry walk. James will be a lower priced version of Terry.

I'd hate to see Marquis Daniels leave, although that may be the only way for him to return to the level he was at in his rookie year. He could've really helped the team during the playoffs, but Avery just didn't like him. He'll blow up next year if he's on another team.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
mattyd
Banned

i've thought the same thing about terry. i think if this was last summer then they would let him walk. but i've read articles that say he and dirk have developed a pretty good friendship this year..so i can't see them rocking dirk's boat too much.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

You think this means Terry walks? I know Terry is a fan favorite and brings a lot to this team, but I believe he will be severely overpriced. I'd much rather have Sam-I-am and James than Terry and Quis. The two of them would add a lot of identity to our team and toughness. Stack and James could really get under a lot of player's skin.

Last edited by DubOverdose; 06-25-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think they resign Terry and make him starting SG. Start James at point and make Harris 6th man. He'd be so explosive off the bench. Let KVH walk and trade Stack and #28 for a higher pick to draft a backup PF to play behind Dirk.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 06-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I like the idea. I'm one of the founding builders of the Marquis bandwagon, so it would hurt to see him go. BUT, not as much as him rotting on the bench when Avery has no trust in him. That being said, this would be my option B (option A would be sign Cassell and S&T Terry for Larry Hughes, but we will get into that later). So having James would give us the same 3pt. shooting with a much better defender and he put up great numbers this year with Toranto. If we only have to give up a guy that will probably never come in his own on our team for a starting PG, then I'm down.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
mattyd
Banned

If the money gets too crazy for Terry - yeah, he walks...but I can't see him getting a near-max deal. But hey...NBA owners have surprised me before!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
mattyd
Banned

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mike_james/index.html

Just some food for thought.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, I really think Terry will stay unless the money gets to be way too much. I doubt he'll get offered a whole lot more from other teams than Dallas is willing to pay, Dallas thinks very highly of him and I expect him to stay for a decent price.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #12
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Even though he's 31, he'd be a perfect fit here. Terry is good as an SG, and Devin would be explosive and more comfortable as a 6th man imo.

Cubes needs to jump all over this deal.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:40 PM   #13
mattyd
Banned

And then there are also the rumors about Toronto looking to trade Bosh. I guess they are just dumping salary.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

No way Toronto trades Bosh. He, Charlie V, and the #1 pick are the future of their franchise.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:58 PM   #15
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
No way Toronto trades Bosh. He, Charlie V, and the #1 pick are the future of their franchise.
3 SOLID big men is a GREAT core. Imagine trading one of them once you figure out which two work best for you and filling in your gap at PG or SG by trading one. Great, great future for Toronto.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
3 SOLID big men is a GREAT core. Imagine trading one of them once you figure out which two work best for you and filling in your gap at PG or SG by trading one. Great, great future for Toronto.

Yeah, they do have a great future, but I think Bosh is there future. No way they trade him. No way.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #17
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Mike James had a great year, but the Raptors were terrible. Minor adjustments. The mavs core is young and athletic. Say goodbye to Van Horn, Armstrong, and Griffin. We need all-around players. Daniels gave the heat all kinds of problems. He can play backup powerforward and the two guard while Dirk sits. PPod is in year three, it is time to see him play.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #18
frisco06

frisco06 is on a distinguished road
Default new lineup

1) Sign and Trade Marquis for Mike James
2) Sign Reggie Evans from Denver
3) Draft PJ Tucker from Texas

Diop/Dampier
Dirk/Evans
Howard/Tucker
Terry/Stackhouse
James/Harris
frisco06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I already miss marquis
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

I think this is trade fodder designed to boost Daniels' trade value...

It only makes sense if Stack is gone as well and James is the 6th man...
Old 06-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You think harris would start?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

James is a hell of a player.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #23
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

James would start at PG, Terry at SG, Harris 6th man and Stack trade bait for a better draft pick.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

Who are we going to draft with a better pick?
Old 06-25-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mike James is a turd, but I would like this deal.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Who are we going to draft with a better pick?

A PF to back up Dirk.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #27
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

James is a 31 year old, 6'2" combo guard. No thanks.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #28
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
James is a 31 year old, 6'2" combo guard. No thanks.
And he also plays with more fire than any current Mav does. There are intangible like competitive drive which a championship team needs. Stack has it, Zo has it, etc.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #29
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco06
1) Sign and Trade Marquis for Mike James
2) Sign Reggie Evans from Denver
3) Draft PJ Tucker from Texas

Diop/Dampier
Dirk/Evans
Howard/Tucker
Terry/Stackhouse
James/Harris
I could live with that. I love James's game.. He's like a Terry/Armstrong combined... I know this for sure, he would love to be here where he wouldn't have to face Armstrong anymore..Armstrong owned him last year.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #30
Darke

Darke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura aboutDarke has a spectacular aura about

Sign him for how long? *don't believe it - he prob. will ask for a long contract at nearly the same sum as Terry will, but Terry is younger
Darke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #31
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Wasn't this a contract year for James?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:26 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
This year-- $3,410,000
Next year-- $3,720,000 player option

If he opts out, he wants either more money or more guaranteed years. I'm assuming that a SnT would mean that he would get 2-4 years at a minimum of 4million a year (assuming Toronto is still over the cap??!)

Just my two cents.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #33
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Ya, but he also realized what he could do as a player. I think his drive to be great is a very new thing. He does have a big ego which gets on my nerves, but whatever...he's a good player. He's supposedly learning how to box this summer, I think to improve footwork and quickness, both in handspeed and moving his feet. I'd imagine he'll be a good bit tougher mentally and physically after this summer is up.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #34
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

He's a very hard nosed player, he'd be a great fit here. A good PG with a Stackhouse like mentality but with less TO's and better 3pt shooting.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #35
mattyd
Banned

And as for his contract right now I don't really care. This is one of those moves to load up for next year - another run to the Finals hopefully.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

He's worth what he's currently being paid. If we resign Terry, do this trade, and draft a solid backup PF, we'll be set for another title run.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #37
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

And let's remember, he already won a ring with Detroit in 04. Not saying he played a big role in it, but the more experience, the better. He knows what its like to be on a team that has a tough mentality that has gotten over the hump.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #38
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Being Canadian Torontos my team in the East and im so excited to see them finally able to rebuild after that moron Babcock was so rightfully replaced. I think Colangelo would do it and have a chance at an amazing young core because lets face it, Quis is gonna shine in Toronto when he gets some tick and confidence (plus less pressure for him instead of being on a championship caliber Dallas team). James is old... but I cant deny hes a good player and it only costed up Q? Then why not? Hes not being used here, it almost feels like hes our Darko on the Pistons sometimes, even though he did get a few meaningful minutes when Stack was gone.

So as it goes... I think having James, Tery, AND Harris would be amazing. Obviously Terry would go back to SG but James and Harris would give teams trouble with their different styles. I was weary of James in TOR when we got him though, I mean he just explodes this season? How? If you look at his career i'd be scared of it just being a contract year like someone said. Ah well in short I think we should try and get a PF before getting any more guards especially if Terry resigns.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #39
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I think we have to take this, we give up Quis, a player we were hardly using and couldn't stay healthy for very long, for a tough minded pure point guard that can play good D, hit threes and spread the floor, we gotta do this deal.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #40
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Daniels is much better than James. I don't like the trade at all. Please don't do it!!!
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote