Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-02-2002, 04:39 PM   #1
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Lili has been upgraded to a category 4 and should hit the coast midday tomorrow.

This is getting scary! New Orleans has not fully recovered from Isadore. I don't know if they can survive a big hit from Lili. Not to mention, all the small bayou towns.

Your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2002, 04:42 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Oh most definitly. Very scary situation for those folks. Best wishes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 04:45 PM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i'll pray for them.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:02 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

me too sweets...
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 10:32 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i will also, sweets
Old 10-02-2002, 11:08 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

One Love, Sweets
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:05 AM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too... hopefully everything will turn out alright...
Old 10-03-2002, 08:49 AM   #8
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

you have my prayers as well, sweets.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:02 PM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my hometown of lafayette, LA. ha been directly in Lili's path. my parents have boarded up all the windows, and when I talked to them this morning, lili was about 15 miles south of them in new iberia. i don't know what is up with them yet, but i've been keeping track of it all day and i hope they're ok. it looks like N.O. isn't getting it as bad as they did with isidore. but it's hitting central LA. pretty bad. thank goodness Lili has decreased in strength. I was in Lafayette for Andrew, and that was bad, even though it didn't come through Lafayette. Lili is.

scary stuff.

Edit:

just talked to my mom. i can see online that the eye has passed them, and they're ok, but there is crazy damage in the neighborhood.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:09 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news BBL. Glad to hear they are safe.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:21 PM   #11
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I've been keeping up all day too.

New Orleans has not been hit as bad as expected, but there are still tornado warnings there and for Baton Rouge.

Looks like New Iberia was really getting hit, Lafayette not as bad, but still lots of damage, power out, trees down etc.

Latest I just heard was Grand Isle completely under water for 25 miles and the entire stretch of 308 is closed and under water in lots of places.

Haven't gotton anyone on the phone in St. Martinville. It's too small for the news to mention unless it's catastropic, so I guess no news is good news.

Just thankful Lili weakened as she came ashore. Hate to think how much worse this could be. I'll be happpy just to get through this day and hear from everyone safe and sound.

Old 10-03-2002, 01:31 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my mom was listening to the radio and they said some 18-wheelers were flipped over on I-10. why in the world would someone be trying to drive through this? crazy.

anyway, this is the worst one lafayette has seen. all the other ones missed central louisiana and we just got the outskirts. but this one went stright up through...

and yes, definitely still tornado warnings.

yeah, don't think st. martinville would be mentioned specifically on the news. kinda small. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] went there 3 christmas breaks in a row for SMHS' holiday basketball tournament. we never won it, but did ok. ok, that was random thoughts about my high school basketball career.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:26 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Glad to hear all is well, BBL.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:12 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Thanks for all the support.

Everyone is ok. Just material damage.

And, wow, God sure has mercy on the city of New Orleans. They dodge the bullet one more time. I'll have to enjoy it all the more next time.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:16 AM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i like your outlook sweets - about appreciating NO even more now that it's been spared once again.

i'm very glad you and BBL can rest easy about your families.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:59 AM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

thanks for all the sentiments guys.

my parents were talking about the daamage last night. no power for the city at least 3 days, probably even longer. they have a city-wide curfew starting at 8 PM every night until 5 AM because it is so dark. crazy. i've never gone more than a day without power. i sure do take things for granted.