Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default Wimbledon

I am not a huge tennis fan, but the men's final is shaping up to be one hell of a final. Federer is going for the major record and Rodick is giving him everything he can handle. Currently in the fifth set 10-9 Federer, but Rodick is on serve.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

yep, I'm definitely watching. 11-10. I can haz epic match nao?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They set a record at 67 games for most games ever in the mens final. Roddick hasn't been broken all match. He broke Federer twice.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

These guys both have the heart of Marcin Gortat!
Old 07-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
These guys both have the heart of Marcin Gortat!
True dat

13-13 all

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

nonody gets break points here, this must be one of the most boring epic matches ever played. Just serve and done.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Roddick had two when it was like 7-7, but since then nothing. It looks like they could go on like this for a while.

That's crazy.

Last edited by mavErika; 07-05-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #8
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Damn that sucks.

Anyone else thing though that when Roddick had advantage, his shot on the baseline was in? I was shocked it didn't get reviewed. If it was in, that was game Roddick.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
mavErika
Golden Member

And Federer converts the first break point he got in the entire set(match?) for the Championship. This guy is so incredibly cool-headed and usually it's a beauty to watch him play. Gotta love him!

Roddicks serve was still incredibly strong in that 30th game of the set, he just made one error too much and Federer converted instantly.

Game time was like 4h 15 min, right? That's why usually I don't watch much Tennis either.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
Damn that sucks.

Anyone else thing though that when Roddick had advantage, his shot on the baseline was in? I was shocked it didn't get reviewed. If it was in, that was game Roddick.
I can't remember that play but if so I think it's always the player who has to ask for a review. If he doesn't have the right to challenge left because he used it too often (I don't know the exact amount), I guess the call just stands.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

The double break point Roddick let get away is what cost him. That was during a moment in the match in which Federer was struggling just a bit.

Still and all, hell of a match by Roddick.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Game was 13-13 and Roddick cranked out a 136mph serve. This guy can outserve one of those training serving machines for hours on end.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats to Fed on his 15th slam. Roddick was serving amazingly throughout the match but Fed finally broke him.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #14
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Wow, what the match. Congratulation to Roger with his 15 Major title.
I feel bad for A-Rod, he did play his best tennis today. Good Luck Andy!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #15
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

51 aces for Fed is crazy. Easily Roddick's best match ever, he played amazing. You could see his pain after he lost.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

That was almost like a heavyweight fight.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #17
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

F Fed

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

A-Rod played one great tournament and I am hoping that he takes this and builds from it.

He's one of those guys that is fun to watch and fun to root for!!!

I was bummed with Roger won ... I can't stand the guy and my apologies to those that do, but I am NOT happy he's at 15 Majors.

A-Rod is my favorite Tennis player and as classy as A-Rod is over the defeat, as a fan...it freakin SUCKS!!!

But over all, it was fun to watch...this was Power versus Power!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

ROGI the GOAT.

but.. A-Rod made a fan out of me yesterday. If he continues to play like that, he will get his second major in no time at all.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #20
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
F Fed
I know what you are saying. I'm sick of Fed winning as well. Hopefully Nadal comes back soon.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #21
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Federer is the most annoying champion we've had in the last 25 years.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

woah woah woah, whats with all the fed hate? Hes pretty easily the best tennis player ever. Huge props to andy for both playing extremely well and being incredibly classy after the match. As for fed whats left to say about him? 16 of 17 slam finals in a row, 3 of the last 4 majors after he was supposed to be done and the 4th being a five set loss in the finals. His 21 straight slam semis is one of if not the most impressive records in sports. Hes better at tennis than tiger is at golf and we dont get the "im tired of tiger" talk.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote