Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough
Default Only two Mavs fans greeted Mavericks team to Dallas?

One thing for sure is that it didn't take the Mavericks long to fall off the sports radar screen. When their private plane touched down at Love Field at 2:20 Friday afternoon, the team was greeted by a throng of two fans.

Two, neither of whom was wearing Mavs' gear. Asked why he was there, David Smith of Mesquite said: "Why not? I'm off. I got nothing else to do."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.2c2f71d.html
Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised there wasn't an angry mob with torches.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

I can assure you that the last thing this ball club wanted to do is sign autographs and feign interest in the fans.
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

i think that's pretty sad. that tells you how many dallas fans might be bandwagon fans. If I lived in the dallas area still, I would totally greet them with my mav gear stuff on.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Why? The team let us down, they don't deserve our support right now. I wore mavs gear 300 of 365 days this year just so my team loses CONFIDENCE in the words of our coach???!!! How the hell do you lose confidence with a 67 win season? You don't deserve the undying support of true fans if you can't convince the true fans your heart is in it. I am a true fan and they deserve whatever poop people what to give them at the moment. The wounds will heal but some people are way too lenient on them right now. They deserve a lot of flak. A lot.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-07-2007 at 07:18 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I support the Mavs wholeheartedly.

I also support myself, so I wouldn't have been at Lovefield at 2:30 on a Friday afternoon no matter the result of the series.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Why? The team let us down. I wore mavs gear 300 of 365 days this year just so my team loses CONFIDENCE in the words of our coach???!!!
Haha, sounds like me.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

Hell if I had known I woulda been there.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
i think that's pretty sad. that tells you how many dallas fans might be bandwagon fans. If I lived in the dallas area still, I would totally greet them with my mav gear stuff on.
We DONT accept the output they gave US for the playoffs this year. I think we deserve better than that. This team cheated US of our great times in the playoffs. We were looking forward to the butterfly stomach series with the Suns or Spurs or Rockets.

Right now my anger is directed towards Dirk because to ME he QUIT on the team. I truly think that Dirk lost alot of respect from his teammates this series. I promise, if I was on that team, and I heard Dirk say the things he said, then I would either punch the crap out of Dirk or cuss his as* out. This team will ALWAYS go as far as Dirk can take them. No way around it. It is crystal clear that Dirk has taken us as far as he can. We cant ask for more from Dirk. If we do, we are asking Dirk to be someone that he is NOT.

I feel right now that we are built for the regular season. I think that teams will decide to go ahead and expose Dirk more in the regular season next year. I truly think that Dirk will have an off year, and maybe change is the best thing for him. I hate to say it, but trading Dirk may help him down the road.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Ok just seeing this thread made me realize how many Mavs fans think they have some entitlement.

I was a fan of the Mavs when they couldn't win 30 games in a season, and I stuck with them through the good and the bad. If you're a true fan you don't say "I deserved to see them win xxx".... actually you don't deserve anything. The Mavs got a tough match up and they tried many different things but they just did not have the roster to beat the Warriors, PERIOD. There's a reason GS had beat us 8 out of the last 9 times BEFORE that playoff series.

You are a flat out bandwagon fan if you hate your team when they don't win, there's no way around that. It's a fact.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #11
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
We DONT accept the output they gave US for the playoffs this year. I think we deserve better than that. This team cheated US of our great times in the playoffs. We were looking forward to the butterfly stomach series with the Suns or Spurs or Rockets.

Right now my anger is directed towards Dirk because to ME he QUIT on the team. I truly think that Dirk lost alot of respect from his teammates this series. I promise, if I was on that team, and I heard Dirk say the things he said, then I would either punch the crap out of Dirk or cuss his as* out. This team will ALWAYS go as far as Dirk can take them. No way around it. It is crystal clear that Dirk has taken us as far as he can. We cant ask for more from Dirk. If we do, we are asking Dirk to be someone that he is NOT.

I feel right now that we are built for the regular season. I think that teams will decide to go ahead and expose Dirk more in the regular season next year. I truly think that Dirk will have an off year, and maybe change is the best thing for him. I hate to say it, but trading Dirk may help him down the road.
oh for god sakes. how quickly we forget that this team was one of the worst teams in sports in the 90s. were you cheering them on then? if not, then you aren't a true fan and is a bandwagon fan. if you did cheer in the 90s when they lost all the time, how can you not cheer a team that is very very good? makes no sense to me.

listen, I am as disappointed that we didn't advance as much as anybody but I think some of you have gotten spoiled and won't accept losing at all anymore. I want them to win the championship just like you guys. I cried last year when they lost and I cried this year when they lost. And I even pray that God will grant me at least one Mavs championship before I die. That shouldn't be too hard as I'm only 23 lol. So I know where you guys are coming from but to not support this team right now and demand huge and unrealistic trades is crazy.

I am disappointed at Dirk as well but he made a mistake. He quit when he shouldn't had. The pressures and all the media bashing him and the mavs must had gotten to him. he is human you know. humans make mistakes. And don't bring up last years finals because he didn't quit then. Miami basically did what GS did to Dirk. They swarmed him and took him out of his game. Obviously he has something he needs to work on. I think he just got way too frustrated that in the finals last year and in the first round this year, they did the same thing to him to take him out of the game. I'd like to see some of you guys play flawless basketball all the time with all the pressure that an NBA player has. Dirk should be able to change his game if they are defending him like that but he obviously doesn't know how yet. If he can get a legit post up game, he'll be unstoppable. Also, if we get a legit PG who is a great passer, Dirk will be way way better off.

Anyhow, it's just my opinion but I still think it's sad that some of you are turning your backs on the Mavs right now. Do you do this to your family/friends when they make a mistake and disappoint you? This is when the Mavs need you most and you aren't there for them....
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
SeattleMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Ok just seeing this thread made me realize how many Mavs fans think they have some entitlement.

I was a fan of the Mavs when they couldn't win 30 games in a season, and I stuck with them through the good and the bad. If you're a true fan you don't say "I deserved to see them win xxx".... actually you don't deserve anything. The Mavs got a tough match up and they tried many different things but they just did not have the roster to beat the Warriors, PERIOD. There's a reason GS had beat us 8 out of the last 9 times BEFORE that playoff series.

You are a flat out bandwagon fan if you hate your team when they don't win, there's no way around that. It's a fact.
THANK YOU FOR AGREEING WITH ME!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We've heard your shtick. Just summarize it in your sig and stop rehashing it. You've given up on Dirk, but that doesn't mean you can make any of us do the same.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
how quickly we forget that this team was one of the worst teams in sports in the 90s. were you cheering them on then? if not, then you aren't a true fan and is a bandwagon fan.
I resent that remark.

I started following the Mavs (and the rest of the NBA) back in '01. And I'm not from Dallas. I live close to San Antone so I get to hear a lot of their crap.

Not "longsuffering", but suffering nonetheless.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13
David Smith of Mesquite said: "Why not? I'm off. I got nothing else to do."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.2c2f71d.html

haha lol
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Actually he just quit on you personally. What's this royal "we" stuff?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:

you better be glad we don't ban people for idiocy, otherwise you would have been gone a long time ago.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Aex, people have been banned for less... so, go ahead and give him the ol' heave ho...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #19
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Still, despite the early exit, the Mavs didnt deserve that. I wouldve greeted them wholeheartedly. MMFL!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #20
mrkneebar

mrkneebar is infamous around these parts

People need to stop referring to Dirk as being elite. He's not. Elite players don't fold after having a 2 to 0 lead IN THE FINALS against a mediocre team and then lose four straight.

An elite player doesn't rebound after that by losing to an 8th seed team that barely made the playoffs.

I'd say 50% of both meltdowns lies on Dirk's shoulders.

Calling to get rid of Avery is just stupid. He can only do so much. He can't get out there and do it for them. He shoulders about 20% of the blame though.

The thing is, you guys have a team that SHOULD be winning titles. They just don't have the heart.

Last edited by mrkneebar; 05-08-2007 at 06:19 PM.
mrkneebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Kneebar??? Is that smegma or something?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-08-2007 at 09:44 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #22
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

dirk is always my homeboy.

through thick and thin. i sure as hell would've been there if i wasn't working in suck(hous)ton.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #23
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

i love the basketball geeks in here who feel superior because they watched the mavs when they were winning 10 games a season. congratufuckinlations go pat yourself on your back.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #24
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
i love the basketball geeks in here who feel superior because they watched the mavs when they were winning 10 games a season. congratufuckinlations go pat yourself on your back.
Why because we're not bandwagon fans who just love the best team each season like you probably do?

<Dortmund> Let's see this year I think I'll like the Spurs best, or the Suns if they win the series.

Feck off.

Let's see your from Germany by that name so that means you're actually only watching the NBA period because of Dirk. So you're not even an NBA fan you're a soccer fan. So who the hell are you to talk about being a geek? Why don't you just go kill somebody and destroy some property because your soccer team didn't win the World cup like most soccer fans do?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 05-09-2007 at 10:45 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Some people have school and work. I have both and frankly I had no attentions on missing either for a Mavs team that played like they did in the post season. They're lucky they got two fans there. Like the guy said, he was off and had nothing else to do. If I didn't have anything to do maybe I would've greeted them as well.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #26
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Ease off of Dortmund. I see where he is coming from. There is no need to feel superior about watching those crappy teams from the 90's. I watched them with my uncle when I was younger. He used to try and tell me that Legler was pronounced Legia like Tim Legler was french or something. If your a fan of a team, your a fan of a team. Bandwagon or not. Also European Football is a great game and not all fans act the way you are talking about. Well maybe the Italians.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote