Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about
Default Shaq to Dallas?

I hate to even bring up this crapola but the rumor going around is..

Shaq for Damp,Harris,Stack....

Please just take this s**t with a grain of salt.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Don't want him.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Hell no, Shaq doesn't have many years left at all. We would be left with no 2 guard and no 6th man, that's a lot of holes to fill.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 05-07-2007 at 10:37 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Word is.. the management from the Heat are tired of Shaq's act there was something mentioned about how Shaq told his teammates not to play defense. so thats why they might trade him.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If all they want is Harris and Stack to make the upgrade from Damp to Shaq...oh my goodness, where do I sign?!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds too good to be true though. Doesn't he make like 20 million? That's not enough salary.... I don't think. I guess it would depend on what we pay Stack in a sign and trade...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #7
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Where is this supposed rumor? got a link?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #8
Purple&Gold

LINK
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

no way do you want shaq for that, he's way past his prime.
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Shaq is old and slow and cant score any better than Damp in my Opinion. NO

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple&Gold
Word is.. the management from the Heat are tired of Shaq's act there was something mentioned about how Shaq told his teammates not to play defense. so thats why they might trade him.
They're not tired of his act, they're tired of paying $20MM a year for a player in serious decline.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

eeeeewwww! Back when we were supposed to get him along with McGrady when they just past their primes it sounded like a dream come true. Now it's just icky....
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Shaq is old and slow and cant score any better than Damp in my Opinion. NO
I agree he's old and slow but I'm quite certain he can score more than Damp.

Not saying I want him, but yeah.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #14
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

Just say no to Snaq.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Nah uh. Shaq is passe.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #16
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

He sits out half the season and has a monster contract for multiple years... no thank you. His attitude will influence the team, look at the Heat... bunch of unmotivated sacks of crap, they couldnt even get motivated for their actual playoff games.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

This would be fun, Yao vs Shaq.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:53 PM   #18
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Yeah... crappy kind of fun.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:45 AM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Smith is the worst kind of writer.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:55 AM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Does that link to the chicago tribune? Phew, for a second I started believing it. I'm glad it's all clarified now.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #21
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Damp, Buckner, and a sign and trade Stack would be all I would offer. Shaq would probably be motivated for ONE year and that makes it worthwhile all by itself.

But I'm sure somebody would offer more than that. Shaq sells tickets. He won't go to a premier team but someone like Atlanta or someone would want him more than us.

Last edited by MFFL; 05-08-2007 at 01:21 AM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #22
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

hell yeah. i think shaq for 20 million is worth it more than dampier for 10 million. what the hell are we paying someone 10 million for if they are not gonna appear in a elimination game??
Old 05-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #23
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough

It's funny how quick a players status can change amongst fans. A few years ago most Mavs fans were begging for Shaq. Now no one wants him.

Is this because of the trend of small ball?

He's not in his prime anymore, but I'd trade Damp and a couple of other role players for him. I know thats alot of money, but I think he and a real PG would get us a ring.
diop it like its hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #24
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
hell yeah. i think shaq for 20 million is worth it more than dampier for 10 million. what the hell are we paying someone 10 million for if they are not gonna appear in a elimination game??
I don't know how much SHAQ would play either. Who would he have guarded? Dirk had a ton of trouble guarding those guys and he's much quicker than Shaq.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #25
kenny9

kenny9 will become famous soon enough

well it would be a trade off..no one on GS would be able to guard shaq...and he woudnt guard them...however he'd intimidate them to drive...imagine a 300 pound man hard fouling you..thats gotta sting...ofcourse being a nellie team...it'd be hack-a-shaq all game!

in anycase Miami would not do that trade unless they would Walker with him...and they know that would just turn us away!
kenny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Sam Smith is the worst kind of writer.
Did he just say the general sentiment in Dallas is that Nowitzki has to leave?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:30 AM   #27
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Did he just say the general sentiment in Dallas is that Nowitzki has to leave?
He did, and he is one big Dumba$$. Outside of this board, I have heard no one want him to be moved.

On the Shaq deal.... it wouldn't be on top of the list, but I would darn sure listen to it. Even if Shaq is your 6th man and only gets 20 min a night, he is still a weapon.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #28
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
You related to Cuban?

Last edited by mqywaaah; 05-08-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #29
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

not worth giving up harris. harris and howard are the future!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #30
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

"And then there is Dallas, which is where Shaq wanted to go when he was breaking up with the Lakers."

Uh, what? everything I read around that time was that Shaq refused to go to Dallas.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #31
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq would bring some balls and some attitude that IS needed...but I'd rather move JT than Harris....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #32
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Shaq straight up for Damp...maybe...

Saddly Shaq is on the very tail end of his career and I'm not sure he has enough left to help a team. Sure some strong games here and there...but enough to carry this team over the hump...I don't think so.

Exactly how would he have helped against the Warriors?

By the way, adding Stack and Harris to the mix in a trade is insane. Harris, to me, is an untouchable. I would give Terry away before I give Harris up...Stack is another on the bubble that I would lean towards protecting. He the tough guy on the team who actually comes through in crucial moments.

I still look at a Terry and Howard for KG type of move, and then I see what I can do to bring Kidd in here. Give Kidd a year or two of grooming Harris and Harris could become a complete PG!!! Have KG and Dirk put up some points with an inside outside game and then fill the roster in with role players.

Take the regular season as a training camp...don't worry about winning the conference out right...but train for the post-season...a combination of Kidd, KG and Dirk would be tough come the post season...all three would have a chip on their shoulder with very little time left to prove they are Champions. Harris would be a spark off the bench...this could work...

Shaq here in Dallas at this stage of his career...as much as I like Shaq...it would not work!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz
not worth giving up harris. harris and howard are the future!
Dirk is the future...either Dirk or a some package that Dirk brings...but no doubt its about Dirk.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #34
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad

I still look at a Terry and Howard for KG type of move, and then I see what I can do to bring Kidd in here. Give Kidd a year or two of grooming Harris and Harris could become a complete PG!!! Have KG and Dirk put up some points with an inside outside game and then fill the roster in with role players.
this suggestion is not as "out there" as the fans of this site will suggest...but I would happily trade those two to get KG. We would not have to worry about double teams for another 4 years.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #35
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

You take this deal, unless you are completely, certifiably brain dead. The hospital is readying a room for the organ transplants now.

Harris and Howard are not the future of the Dallas Mavericks, unless that future is Seattle (and Harris and Howard aren't even nearly as good as Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis).

The future is now, over the next few years while Dirk is still Dirk.

Or you tear it all up, trade Dirk for young players and draft choices and rebuild.

Stop before I scream! Nobody trades us LeBron or Kobe or Garnett or any other major superstar for anyone on the Mavs except Dirk, unless:

1. That player is demanding out and the Mavs make the best offer; or
2. The team has decided to rebuild; or
3. There is a big defect, personality, age, behavior, salary, that goes along with the player.

So if you want to add to Dirk, be prepared to give up at least Harris or Howard (maybe both) and other players and draft choices as well.

What players could you (outside of your fantasy life) hope to get?

Jermaine O'Neal is probably at the top of the list (wants out, Indiana may decide to rebuild); Gasol is either first or second (wants out); Shaq (age, effort & salary, Miami may rebuild--Wade is young); Ray Allen (age); Zach Randolph (doesn't fit in with Portland's rebulding effort, work ethic problems); Artest (no need to explain); Maggette (problems with the coach); Kidd (if New Jersey decides to rebuild); I may have missed a couple, and I didn't go down to second tier guys that aren't worth Harris or Howard (or where it's a close call) or players that are few agents and so you might have a chance at a sign and trade.

Dallas can only pay the MLE for a free agent, so that won't get a top free agent.

The only serious question is whether the player is worth only one of Howard and Harris or both.

All the players above are worth one of Harris or Howard and other stuff. To me, only O'Neal and Gasol are worth both.

The future is now.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
You take this deal, unless you are completely, certifiably brain dead. The hospital is readying a room for the organ transplants now.

Harris and Howard are not the future of the Dallas Mavericks, unless that future is Seattle (and Harris and Howard aren't even nearly as good as Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis).

Or you tear it all up, trade Dirk for young players and draft choices and rebuild.

Stop before I scream! Nobody trades us LeBron or Kobe or Garnett or any other major superstar for anyone on the Mavs except Dirk, unless:

3. There is a big defect, personality, age, behavior, salary, that goes along with the player.

So if you want to add to Dirk, be prepared to give up at least Harris or Howard (maybe both) and other players and draft choices as well.

Jermaine O'Neal is probably at the top of the list (wants out, Indiana may decide to rebuild); Gasol is either first or second (wants out); Shaq (age, effort & salary, Miami may rebuild--Wade is young); Ray Allen (age); Zach Randolph (doesn't fit in with Portland's rebulding effort, work ethic problems); Artest (no need to explain); Maggette (problems with the coach); Kidd (if New Jersey decides to rebuild); I may have missed a couple, and I didn't go down to second tier guys that aren't worth Harris or Howard (or where it's a close call) or players that are few agents and so you might have a chance at a sign and trade.

Dallas can only pay the MLE for a free agent, so that won't get a top free agent.

The only serious question is whether the player is worth only one of Howard and Harris or both.

All the players above are worth one of Harris or Howard and other stuff. To me, only O'Neal and Gasol are worth both.

The future is now.
i love you

Old 05-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer

The future is now.
Very true bro'
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #38
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If I'm trading Howard and Harris I better get the # 1 or #2 pick in this year's draft or a young superstar in return.

I love Garnett but his age, coupled with his miles, makes for a soon-to-be decline in his career. And what if it didn't work out? You have two aging super-stars with huge contracts that you probably won't get anything substantial for in return.

But if you get a young superstar to pair with Dirk then you have a safety net. If it doesn't work out you trade Dirk and build around the young talent (Oden, Durant, etc.)

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #39
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

no thank you
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #40
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

I want to see what happens with Artest in Sac town. With the unfortunate incident with his wife, they are probably going to want to unload him. I think he would be a perfect basketball fit for what the Mavs need at the 2-guard.

Now for him personally and off the court, that nutjob wife beater is everything i don't want the mavs to be...