Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-01-2002, 10:47 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a great story and is why kids are so special.
Kudos to this kids family who seem to have brought him up right.

Kile signed boy's glove the day before his death

------------------------------------------------------------------------

STURGEON BAY, Wis. -- A boy who got an autograph and had a photo taken with Darryl Kile the day before the St. Louis Cardinals pitcher was found dead plans to send the items to Kile's family.

Sean Zak, 10, had his baseball glove signed by Kile and then posed for a photo with him while attending the Cardinals' game in Chicago on June 21.

Zak and his family said that, after their encounter with Kile, security personnel separated the players and fans for the start of the game.

"He was thoughtful enough to take the time to give something to us, and we would like to give him some respect back," Troy Zak, Sean's father, said. "We'd just like to thank the family and let them know that he touched a young boy's life."

The Zaks said they will let the situation "cool down a little" before contacting the Cardinals for help in delivering the autographed glove and a copy of the photo to Kile's family.

Sean said he liked his glove and it was well broken in.

"But I feel pretty good about giving my glove away, because it would be a nice thing to do," he said.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2002, 06:14 PM   #2
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

I guess I am having trouble with this story? Sure- it is a great gesture by the kid and his family- but why would the Kile family want it? I am not trying to make this an argument or sound like an ass- but the thousands of gloves and pictures Mr. Kile has signed, I dont see what the big deal is? Perhaps because this maybe one of the last gloves he ever signed? I am sure that must be it. The Kile family has thousands of "good will gestures" that Darryl has done for people im sure. I guess one more cant hurt... He was a class act
Old 07-01-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It's just nice to see a kid pony up a specia glove like this. He realized that a class act took the time to sign it and he thought that the Kile family might enjoy knowing it. Total class all the way around. If I were the Kiles I would want to know about it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 07:15 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Good point..