Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Kenneth Faried breaks Duncan's college rebounding record

http://college-basketball-blog.blogs...83066/27579350
Posted by Matt Norlander

When you're put into the record books, and the name you leapfrog is Tim Duncan, then you're in rare air. Future college basketball hall-of-famer? Certainly.

Morehead State's Kenneth Faried only officially made himself the most proficient rebounder in modern college basketball college history today; many knew of his insane ability well before this, though.

Faried grabbed 12 rebounds in Morehead State's 71-65 win over Indiana State, and he now sits at 1,576 career snares. For more perspective on Faried's ability to board, scope his tempo-free stats. Just nasty.

Players who rip the orange from the rim with the passion and efficiency that Faried does are rare. We're talking once-a-decade rare. Faried will flourish in the pros because of how good he is at grabbing boards; many have compared his aptitude in the paint to Dennis Rodman. Even right now, that doesn't seem unfair (though it is lofty, of course).

Faried has not only put Morehead State on the map, to an extent, he's also made us appreciate what good rebounding can do. Without Faried, the Eagles aren't anything close to the 21-8, nine-straight-wins team they are right now. Donnie Tyndall raved to me in the preseason about Faried, and how happy he was to see him return this season (Faried flirted with the NBA last spring).

The rest of the top five, again, in the modern era (here's detail on just who's been amazing in the paint, all-time) after Faried and The Big Fundamental, now looks like this:

3. Syracuse's Derrick Coleman (1,537)
4. Drexel's Malik Rose (1514)
5. Virginia's Ralph Sampson (1,511)

Faried is unquestionably a special talent, and though we've hardly seen his career, hopefully Morehead State can earn a bid to The Dance. As a senior, he's earned his moment ton the grand stage.

If he gets that moment, expect him to snatch that, too.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

He is averaging 19.5 PPG, 15.4 RPG, 3.6 BPG, 1.4 SPG, 69 % from the line, 71 % from floor.

From all indications he has a very raw post game and has no jumper, I think he is learning a 14 foot jumper from becoming a starter, and putting on 15-20 pounds of muscle. He has a limited upside but I have heard many guys at his size coming into the NBA with no jumper and in 2-3 years they get one down consistently, from all indications he is a hard worker ala Dejuan Blair, they are 2 different players but I think when it comes to production that is the guy i would compare him too
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote