Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default Battier and Mayo

I was reading an article today suggesting that this could be the last year for both of those players with the Grizz. I think they will try to keep Battier.

My question I guess is once the playoffs are over and the Mavs go for their second in a row ......should we look at getting these 2 guys.

I think Mayo can go in the starting 2 and if we gave up Butler or Marion or whoever ( I am not sure what that would looks like) we would still have a great defender in Battier that can do a lot of the same stuff on D and is better on O. I

Again I am not sure what exactly we would have to do here, but if it doesnt cost too much I think it would be a really good move.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Honestly I want Henry and I think he could be had cheap after his injury, him or Young I can see them trading, he has a lot of upside to his game and could be had cheaper than Mayo I think
Old 05-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #3
zisuo88

zisuo88 is on a distinguished road

Mayo is good,if I were the manager,I won't trade him!!
zisuo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

No need for Battier with Marion and Butler (and i prefer Butler over Battier)

Mayo is interesting but the Mavs wasnt interesting when mayo was on the trade block during the deadline
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Theres speculation that Rudy Gay is available. Possibly a trade for Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo. His contract is somewhat hard to swallow. We now become younger and more athletic at the 2 and 3 position.

"There is belief around the league that injured Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay could be had in the right deal. Gay, 25, has about $68 million left on his contract for the next four years. The Grizzlies have already given Zach Randolph a monster $71 million extension this spring and Marc Gasol's expiring contract is up next.

Do the Grizzlies have enough money for Randolph, Gasol, Mike Conley's five-year, $45 million extension that begins next season and Gay, too? Perhaps, but they played awfully well during the postseason without him.

Gay averaged 19.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in a season that ended in mid-February to a shoulder injury. He is one of the league's most explosive scorers and just entering the prime of his career, so he won't come cheap.

Since the new NBA season doesn't officially begin until July 1, players' 2010-11 salaries apply until then. That means the $13.6 million Gay earned this season fits under the Cavs' trade exception, but he would command much more than simply the trade exception. The Grizzles would likely want quality assets in return"

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/1218...medium=twitter
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDownTown! View Post
Theres speculation that Rudy Gay is available. Possibly a trade for Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo. His contract is somewhat hard to swallow. We now become younger and more athletic at the 2 and 3 position.

"There is belief around the league that injured Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay could be had in the right deal. Gay, 25, has about $68 million left on his contract for the next four years. The Grizzlies have already given Zach Randolph a monster $71 million extension this spring and Marc Gasol's expiring contract is up next.

Do the Grizzlies have enough money for Randolph, Gasol, Mike Conley's five-year, $45 million extension that begins next season and Gay, too? Perhaps, but they played awfully well during the postseason without him.

Gay averaged 19.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in a season that ended in mid-February to a shoulder injury. He is one of the league's most explosive scorers and just entering the prime of his career, so he won't come cheap.

Since the new NBA season doesn't officially begin until July 1, players' 2010-11 salaries apply until then. That means the $13.6 million Gay earned this season fits under the Cavs' trade exception, but he would command much more than simply the trade exception. The Grizzles would likely want quality assets in return"

Gay and Mayo would certainly make the future of Mavs without Dirk look better
Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDownTown! View Post

I wouldn't mind getting Gay...

(wait, what?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

I been wanting to get Gay since he was available before that large contract....I would prefer him over Caron, but that contract is huge, however he is worth it considering his age

The Grizz signed Mike Conley to 5 year $45MM?....thats also way too much
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Gay and Mayo..... reminds me of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYXLJRkcMI
Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Hmm well thats even better.

I think with Gay and Mayo we would be set for the future. and honestly I would give up and of our SFs and one of the young for those 2.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

What pieces of of value do we have to move for those two? Gay and Mayo we would be set for the future.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #12
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
What pieces of of value do we have to move for those two? Gay and Mayo we would be set for the future.
the problem is between the 2 its about 20 million, other than jet all our realistic contracts to move (booby, mahimni, dojo) are 2 mill and under
Old 05-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

They wont trade Gay and Mayo, they need more scoring...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 AM   #14
oldkiss456

oldkiss456 is on a distinguished road

thumps up for your article, great post...
Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #15
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Mayo and Gay would be a huge coup if we get them both. Mayo seems to have turned a leaf late in the season after his fight and steroid suspension. Then again with Allen, Young, Henry in the wing rotation already, something has to give. Throw in Gay. You're probably looking at salary stuffer like Haywood, picks, Jones and Boobs.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote