Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #1
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold
Default Nowitzki To Miss Next Two Games

Nowitzki to miss two games
Forward headed to Germany for funeral

12:43 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 19, 2004

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki will miss the next two preseason games, including tonight's with Milwaukee at American Airlines Center, to attend the funeral of his grandmother in Germany.

Nowitzki's grandmother passed away earlier this week after a lengthy illness. Nowitzki was scheduled to catch a flight to Germany this afternoon and is expected to rejoin the team Friday at Milwaukee.

Nowitzki left Sunday's game at Orlando in the third quarter with an ankle injury. He was expected to be available for tonight's game and Thursday's with the Knicks at home.

While I am sorry about Dirk's loss, I'm glad his ankle will get a couple days of rest.

On the other hand, this preseason is not off to a great start for "chemistry" purposes.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Nowitzki To Miss Next Two Games

its good he's getting time off: for himself and for his ankle.

Hopefully when he comes back he will feel better for having visited his family, his ankle will have had rest, and his oral surgery will have healed.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

sorry for dirk's loss as well, also glad that hes getting time to rest his ankle

but i think meximavs also has a good point. i dont think our chemistry's been too good during our preseason.

i guess we can only hope for the best. i predict 0-2 next 2 games
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:43 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i predict 0-2 next 2 games
I'm fine with that. I just want some better play from the point guards and some time for Dampier and possibly M'Benga

Finley proved he has his shooting legs back so he will be hot. The PGs can alternate between loading Finley up and passing in to the post.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:48 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nowitzki To Miss Next Two Games

I agree with EL, I would like to see(hear) one preseason game where Damp shows that he is starting to find his place on this team...

most of us know what it is like to lose a grandparent, I hope Dirk finds peace in this difficult time.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:48 PM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, have you ever flown to Germany? It's a loooooooooooong flight. I'm sure Dirk will be jet lagged a bit. But I agree about consistent play from our point guards. I have a dark fear that injuries are going to be a huge problem this year.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:02 PM   #7
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

my prayers for dirk but damn, these 2 home games are going to suck without him, and I was looking forward to watching him tonight and thursday.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:09 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
my prayers for dirk but damn, these 2 home games are going to suck without him, and I was looking forward to watching him tonight and thursday.
the highlighted section made me laugh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:16 PM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE: Nowitzki To Miss Next Two Games

my thoughts go out to Dirk in this trying time.... Get some rest, come back and win a championship for her, Dirk.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote