Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default Grey's Anatomy has stolen my wife

... and my only television.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

we just got done watching my name is earl, and the office.

and now she's watching grey anatomy.... and im not
Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Earl was hilarious.

The Office was darned funny too.

We have Deal or no deal on right now waiting on ER.

Sweeps week rocks.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

man I just cant get into deal or no deal. bleh.

ill watch ER though.

That was the most uncomfortable The office ever though..... freaking hilarious
Old 09-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Greys Anatomy stole MY life. I can't help it.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I personally hate doctor/medical dramas. I'm watching The Wire and Weeds as my regular weekly shows right know.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Haha, you guys need Tivo

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I started watching Greys Anatomoy reluctantly with the wife, but I have to say, it's a great show.

Thursdays for us consists of MNIE, The Office, Greys Anatomy, ER, all delayed of course as we get the kids in bed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:00 AM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

We have 8 televisions (sad, I know), so there's no shortage of options at our house. The one TiVo is nearly full of Golf Lessons with the Pros and various other sports related & foreign policy-type shows, so we need to burn some DVDs to clear space.

I TiVo'd Gray's Anatomy last night (only saw the last episode last season, so I was curious), and ran out of SPACE! At least I was watching it in the other room! I probably won't schedule my life around the show, but I like it better than I thought I would.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #10
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

I kind of simultaneously love and hate this show at the same time. I'm addicted to it, I think it's great, but typically I loathe hospital shows, and just anything drama on TV in general. So it kind of pisses me off in that way -- I shouldn't like it. Plus Patrick Dempsey is really hot.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

my girlfriend is addicted to greys anatomy....damn you ~!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
... and my only television.
hah, ha. I feel your pain. Same has happened in my house. I played video games in the D-M arcade for an hour, then actually worked for an hour last night.

I won't watch Grey's Anatomy. There's a big change underway in primetime - my friend called it the "desperate housewife-itization" of television - and I hate it. I can't watch my (formerly) favorite show, CSI, because of it.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #13
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Gray or grey??
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i like grey's anatomy. and i'm a dude. but i hate the main character. her storyline is the worst of the bunch.

the supporting characters and storylines are typically pretty good.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i like grey's anatomy. and i'm a dude. but i hate the main character. her storyline is the worst of the bunch.

the supporting characters and storylines are typically pretty good.
I like the main the character, but I do agree, that storyline beats me to death. I enjoy all the other storylines much more as well.

The thing about this show, they know how to do a cliff hanger. The bomb episode, and last year's cliff hanger, were just riveting television, in two completely different ways.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-22-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #16
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Im sorry....I dont want to watch grey anatomy. Shes tried to make me,....ive watched it..... I just cant

it's a chick flick. It's all about relationships.

I like my relationships with a big helping of comedy....see scrubs or The Office. Or with a big helping of terrorists and guns. See "24".....
Old 09-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Eh. Call me sensitive then, I guess. I'm not past enjoying a quality chick flick with the wife either, and not just because I am garnering points.

I like very little interest in action shows on television. I have no use for 24 or Prison Break.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-22-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

No use for 24!!!!!?????

im just going to try and remember that we're all friends here.....

Old 09-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
No use for 24!!!!!?????

im just going to try and remember that we're all friends here.....

LOL.

Just remember our Potter bond. And we're both programmers. Gotta be worth something.

But yeah, 24, not interested.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The thing about this show, they know how to do a cliff hanger. The bomb episode, and last year's cliff hanger, were just riveting television, in two completely different ways.
see, i agree with the bomb episode. but as for last year's season-ending cliffhanger... i couldn't give a rat's ass who meredith chooses. so not a cliffhanger for me.

Now LOST, that show can do cliffhangers.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #21
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
LOL.

Just remember our Potter bond. And we're both programmers. Gotta be worth something.

But yeah, 24, not interested.

lol agreed.

Anybody watch The Office last night?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

best comedy on tv right now. well, until scrubs comes back. then it'll be tied for best.

what an amazing show.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #23
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

office rocks, "i will gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today"
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #24
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

/agree

What an awkward as hell scene in the conference room last night. lol Steve Carell does it again.

and the jello made a cameo....
Old 09-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yes, Office is greatness. Love the expression on Jim's face when the dude kicked the trash can.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
see, i agree with the bomb episode. but as for last year's season-ending cliffhanger... i couldn't give a rat's ass who meredith chooses. so not a cliffhanger for me.

Now LOST, that show can do cliffhangers.
Yeah, I guess I should have clarified; I don't really care about the that aspect either. Last year's "cliffhanger" wasn't that great, but the final episode, itself, was great, IMO. Very emotionally charged and a lot of things happening.

But yes, I agree, I certainly was not waiting around all summer wondering who Meredith would pick.

Now, spending all summer wondering whether we'd ever see Michael again, and what was going to happen to Jack, Kate and Sawyer, now THAT'S a far different story!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-22-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #27
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The finale last year really got to me. I related to that Denny dude big time. The show won't be the same without him.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #28
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
The one TiVo is nearly full of Golf Lessons with the Pros.
Hilarious. Mine too. It is also full of Dave Pelz Scoring Game shows.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #29
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
We have 8 televisions (sad, I know), so there's no shortage of options at our house. The one TiVo is nearly full of Golf Lessons with the Pros and various other sports related & foreign policy-type shows, so we need to burn some DVDs to clear space.

I TiVo'd Gray's Anatomy last night (only saw the last episode last season, so I was curious), and ran out of SPACE! At least I was watching it in the other room! I probably won't schedule my life around the show, but I like it better than I thought I would.
Wow, 8 TV's and only one Tivo?

I have one TV, and 4 Tivos.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #30
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I watched one episode of Grey's Anatomy and found it to be one of the most boring shows I've ever seen. My wife hated it even more than I did, so it's not just a chick thing that I'm not getting.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

grey's anatomy is a great show.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #32
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

grey's anatomy is an 'ok' doctor show. if you want a real show, however, I suggest House. Oh god, such absolute greatness.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #33
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

My name is Earl is my fave! Theyre airing season 2 in the US, right?

Shows that has, so far, stolen my wife:
Desperate Housewives
House M.D.
Grey's Anatomy
The Sopranos
Law and Order
The OC
OTH

Will I ever have the time to watch Earl is his zaney escapades? Ow... poor me and everybody like me.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #34
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
grey's anatomy is an 'ok' doctor show. if you want a real show, however, I suggest House. Oh god, such absolute greatness.

Hell yeah! I tend to agree with that!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah house rocks, but the main girl from grey's anatomy is sooo hot.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #36
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, if you like having sex with a bag of coat hangers.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #37
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
yeah, if you like having sex with a bag of coat hangers.
shh, keep this quiet..I dont want too many other people to know about it otherwise I wont be able to continue to get cheap hangers.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
shh, keep this quiet..I dont want too many other people to know about it otherwise I wont be able to continue to get cheap hangers.

anyone know how old that bag of coat hangers is anyways?

On the subject of tv, did anyone like that Studio 60 show on NBC last week?
Old 09-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not familiar with the phrase "bag of coat hangers"
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
anyone know how old that bag of coat hangers is anyways?

On the subject of tv, did anyone like that Studio 60 show on NBC last week?
I loved it. I am locked in for now.

I'm also going to give Heroes a chance, coming on before it. I was going to ignore it, but Ed Bark is highly recommending it, so I'm gonna give it a chance.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game