V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default Rumor - Loaiza to Rangers

ESPN Insider

Loaiza is rumored to Rangers for

Ramon Nivar
Jason Bourgeois
Ryan Snare
Sam Narron

ESPN credits the source to NY Post so take that for what it's worth. I don't do that deal if I'm John Hart.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Rumor - Loaiza to Rangers

Update:

It's rumored the Yanks would only get one or two of the four players above. Not all of them. Huge difference.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Rangers will only lose one according to team sources. NY is asking for two. The haggling will begin. Loaiza has been awful in NY btw and he is a free agent. I don't see the Rangers giving up two good prospects for a guy that is (a) Not pitching well, and (b) not under contract (unless they are working that angle as well).

Chiwas will be happy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Another note.....The Rangers have agreed to pick up the remaining 1.16 million on his contract. Another sign they will only agree to one player imho.

Of those listed, I would hope that NY would pick Snare. I'd like to keep the others.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling that if this happens Nivar is gone. I hate this deal. Loaiza has no steam left it appears, for this year anyway.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The Mavs firing Najera and the Yankees firing Loaiza.

What's next, the Coywboys firing Parcells?

Man!

Now I will have to root for the Rangers when Loaiza plays. You gained a 1/5 fan.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:Rumor - Loaiza to Rangers

I would hope they would take Narron and Nivar both really have big bags. Narron is big but has far from overpowering stuff. The rangers have been raving about Snare. I would do the deal. Loiaza has great stuff and if he could be right he could be great for the stretch run. It is definitely worth the risk.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #8
Finley4ever

Finley4ever is on a distinguished road

If this trade happens maybe Chiwas will actually be right about Loaiza going to the World Series. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Finley4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Je je, good point. [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
The Mavs firing Najera and the Yankees firing Loaiza.

What's next, the Coywboys firing Parcells?

Man!

Now I will have to root for the Rangers when Loaiza plays. You gained a 1/5 fan.

Mavs firing Najera or Yankees firing loaiza is not even close to firing Bill. This is football country.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
The Rangers will only lose one according to team sources. NY is asking for two. The haggling will begin. Loaiza has been awful in NY btw and he is a free agent. I don't see the Rangers giving up two good prospects for a guy that is (a) Not pitching well, and (b) not under contract (unless they are working that angle as well).
I hope the Rangers have some kind of understanding worked out with Loaiza for a new contract before they trade for him. I fundamentally disagree with the notion of trading a prospect to rent a pitcher for a pennant run.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:46 PM   #12
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

i do the deal.. loaiza is an all-star pitcher, i dont care if he isnt doing great right now. He is worth at least one minor leaguer. If we were sure that we could sign him to a 3 year deal or something... i would definetly give up 2 guys and pay his contract.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:16 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Loaiza couldn't win his 100 victory on the MLB for fifth time, and has lost a couple with four startings with the Yankees.

Torre is talking about widening the starting roster to 6 pitchers, but I don't think Loaiza will last much with the Yankees with Mussina getting back to the lineup.

And really, it's a bad time for Loaiza to get the Rangers, I mean, it's a bad time for the Rangers to get Loaiza. He is not pitching well and the Rangers are rocking.

I don't know what's happening with him; he had an excellent season the last one cause, he explained, included one or a couple of new pitches to his bag. Either he isn't use them anymore or the batters know them already.

Old 08-21-2004, 08:24 PM   #14
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

i think this might be a great chance to get him on the cheap. If the rangers are able to get him for only 1 good prospect... it would be a home run!!! (pardon the lame baseball reference)
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #15
MFFL4113

MFFL4113 is on a distinguished road

It really depends on the one prospect, but any more than that, no deal, and even one prospect scares me...Loaiza has choked down the stretch the last 3 years! He loses all gas, but he is better than what the Rangers do have, however, I just don't see this happening. The Yankees need to keep him. They aren't deep in the rotation as it is, they screwed up with this deal and I'm sure they know it, but with Mussina and Brown both injury questions, despite Brown making a start today, his issue has now become stamina, and the Joaquin Benoit problem, pitch 5 great innings and have your bottom fall out from under you. El Duque has been a great story, and no one worries about Vazquez, but 2 starters doesn't get it done, even in the playoffs, though you only need three, the Yankees don't have a Mark Mulder, a Jason Schmidt, or a Randy/Curt combo, they don't have that guy that just blows people away night in and night out with a slip up once in a blue moon, Vazquez is capable of that, but has had minor injuries here and there which have kept him from doing so. Mussina has been hurt, as had KB, El Duque isn't a guy I am sure they want to depend on, and Loaiza is a big, big, big question mark, however he is a question mark worth finding out about with this situation. He too can be great and has shown it not only last year but this year as well, but either is running out of gas again, or falling victim to the pressure of NYC, a la Jeff Weaver and Aaron Boone, who people don't realize was below the Mendoza line with the Yanks.