Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of
Default ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!1

can't get a freakin rebound!!!!! one freakin rebound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I know coming out of a relationship can be hard, but you just have to throw yourself back into the dating scene.

If not that, try your best friend's sister.

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 03-22-2007 at 11:06 PM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!1

can't get a freakin rebound!!!!! one freakin rebound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn, that was heartbreaking.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

4 shots on goal....tragic
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

that was so terrible. who's the gigantic man-child for memphis?
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

does anyone know what he's talking about?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

He's talking Aggie, who played one HELL of a game but missed a run-out layup that might have put a stranglehold on the game, and then defended three straight shots without collecting the defensive rebound. The fourth shot was, for Memphis, the charm. They got the rebound and then were fouled with 3.1 seconds remaining. Dude drained them both.

Aggie inbounded poorly but were saved when Memphis deflected the ball out of bounds. The refs ran the clock down to 2.0 seconds, though, presumably because the ball bounced in-bounds as opposed to on the sideline, after the Memphis player deflected it. A desperation heave later, the Aggie's wonderful season came to a bitter end.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

colleges have basketball teams?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 AM   #9
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

ahhhhhhhhh!! i went from wanting to strangle andre allen for taking one of the most ill-advised three's in the history of u of memphis hoops (dude, you're launching them at under a 30% clip. you might want to reconsider trying to be the hero) to wanting to have antonio anderson's kids to thanking dozier for tipping the pass out of bounds to cussing him for tipping the pass out of bounds to screaming like a little girl when the final shot fell short. talk about your stress-induced ice cream headache.

while i thought running 1.1 seconds off the clock may have been a bit much, it was obvious looking at the replay that they needed to run off more than the 2 or 3 tenths that verne and raf were talking about. the ball wasn't offically out until the guy at the scorer's table touched it, which had to cost them .8 at least. don't know if it would have made much difference though.

a hard fought game. kinda choppy and ugly at times. both teams really played great defense down the stretch. hated seeing the aggs in memphis' bracket, as they were #2 on my rooting list. now i get to go thru it again tomorrow. i love the tourney. no, i hate the tourney. no, i love the tourney...
Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
He's talking Aggie, who played one HELL of a game but missed a run-out layup that might have put a stranglehold on the game, and then defended three straight shots without collecting the defensive rebound. The fourth shot was, for Memphis, the charm. They got the rebound and then were fouled with 3.1 seconds remaining. Dude drained them both.

Aggie inbounded poorly but were saved when Memphis deflected the ball out of bounds. The refs ran the clock down to 2.0 seconds, though, presumably because the ball bounced in-bounds as opposed to on the sideline, after the Memphis player deflected it. A desperation heave later, the Aggie's wonderful season came to a bitter end.
The only problem I had with the time they ran off the clock was that, when watching the replay at regular speed and sound, it's very obvious that the ref blew it dead immediately, as if it hit the sideline.

So, when looking at a replay, does the actual event take precedent over when the ref blew his whistle?

That was my only question.

Oh, and I thought that was a rather weak foul call at the end. Clearly I'm biased, and the Aggies had plenty of cracks at that rebound...but still, that was a pretty ticky tack call.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #11
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Oh, and I thought that was a rather weak foul call at the end. Clearly I'm biased, and the Aggies had plenty of cracks at that rebound...but still, that was a pretty ticky tack call.
Agreed. I think if they call that foul, they need to call a foul on the other end when Acie missed the layup.

However, I think it was pretty even throughout the game as a whole. The ticky tack fouls were inconsistent, but I think they were inconsistent for both teams at equal times. We have a tendency to remember the ones at the end in a close game, but there were a lot of other calls throughout the game that could have swung it either way.

When it comes down to it, Memphis just wanted it more on that last possession. A&M had position to get at least one of those rebounds and they didn't.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #12
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
I know coming out of a relationship can be hard, but you just have to throw yourself back into the dating scene.

Or your best friend, or your sister's bestfriend, or your sister. Whichever you prefer.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogE
Agreed. I think if they call that foul, they need to call a foul on the other end when Acie missed the layup.

However, I think it was pretty even throughout the game as a whole. The ticky tack fouls were inconsistent, but I think they were inconsistent for both teams at equal times. We have a tendency to remember the ones at the end in a close game, but there were a lot of other calls throughout the game that could have swung it either way.
well, i thought antonio played it perfectly. he stayed step for step with him but backed off just at the right time when acie thought there would be contact.

but i will say i was screaming about "how can you make that call" on dorsey's 5th foul when he capped carter with under 2 minutes left. a little contact (mostly inititiated by carter), yes, but in a game the officials let get as physical as they did, it sure didn't seem to warrant fouling him out. the whistles seemed to be equally inconsistent.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i assume this thread is about the downfall of aggie basketball. i was really and genuinely sad when they lost last night.

then I had a bowl of cereal and forgot about it.

aggies shouldn't feel too bad....memphis did beat NT afterall, so they must be really good.

cheers
Old 03-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey

funny
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote