Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-16-2002, 11:18 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Strike date set by the MLBPA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2002, 11:27 AM   #2
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

booooo
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 12:53 PM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

All I have to say is they BETTER get something agreed upon before then.. If these owners think they have financial difficulties now, go on strike then they'll really see how tough it is when they try to come back and play baseball.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:14 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This is firmly on the players shoulders IMHO. They can all kiss my ass. If they strike i will never attend another MLB game for as long as I live.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:08 PM   #5
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

alright, down with the MLB. Greedy bastards
Old 08-16-2002, 03:47 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Greedy assholes dont realize jsut how many people will full out revolt if they strike. F*ck them if they do.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:08 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

It sucks but 95% of people, if not more, would do the exact same thing. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just foolin them self. To quote a todd snider song. "Everybody wants the most they can possibly get, for the least they can possibly do". Easy Money. It's sad but it's true.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:21 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Not so sure about that but your point is well taken. The thing I am sick of is the players saying crap like "we are striking to protect the fan and the quality of the game" (Tom Glavine). This kind of statement is just bullsh*t.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:26 PM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

If I was getting millions to play a game, I would keep quite and just show up. I wouldn't do anything to screw it up. With the economy being f*cked and all, I take advantage of it while I could. Don't they realize, if they don't play, they don't get payed.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:27 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

good call
Old 08-17-2002, 08:40 AM   #11
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Did you notice those millionaires and Billionaires did not consider what would happen to the economy around the Ballparks all over the country. Screw the little guy thats what sad here.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 09:10 AM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< If I was getting millions to play a game, I would keep quite and just show up. I wouldn't do anything to screw it up. With the economy being f*cked and all, I take advantage of it while I could. Don't they realize, if they don't play, they don't get payed. >>

I agree completely. What would really be humorous is if the fans really DIDN'T come back (unfortunately, I think they will), and those greedy bastards had to go out and find REAL jobs. Also, it'd be hilarious to see what the owners did with a bunch of empty stadiums and worthless television deals. Screw all of 'em.

Old 08-17-2002, 10:23 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good... Baseball takes up too much airtime as it is. Without it the networks will find something interesting to air. Tiddlywinks, mao jong tournaments, dominoes. Anything but baseball.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 12:11 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Think about all of the people who work around baseball like ticket takers, vendors, front office personnel, security, etc etc etc that will lose the ability to provide for their families because some millionaire jackasses want more money.

screw every last one of them.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:26 PM   #15
Just211
Platinum Member

<< Good... Baseball takes up too much airtime as it is. Without it the networks will find something interesting to air. Tiddlywinks, mao jong tournaments, dominoes. Anything but baseball. >>

I agree completely. baseball gets way yo much coverage. The major sports should move seasons so it's just Football, basketball, and hockey. either NBA or NHL should be in the summer. Altough I only watch the STARS, I think hockey would pick up fans if the NBA wasn't overshadowing it.