Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-17-2002, 11:35 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

They kickin butt in the Little League World Series. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I love watching these kids play. MLB players could learn ALOT from these guys.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2002, 12:26 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob- I watched them play here in the Little League State Championships held in Waco. I am pretty sure that is the same team. Those kids were so excited. It was great.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:20 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, they beat Sugarland.

Old 08-18-2002, 10:41 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ft Worth woopin sh!t up. 2 consecutive 1 hit shutouts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2002, 10:56 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

did you see that shortstop make that diving over the shoulder catch? great play. you rarely get effort like that in the major league games.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:30 AM   #6
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I got to admit i'm in love with the LL World Series. I have seen more LL games the past week then MLB games the last 4 years. Its what MLB should be, only 6 innings keeps the game short and exciting. 90% of the games are close because the talent level is actually pretty equal, not like the Yankees vs. Marlins. The kids are having fun and are really play for the love of the game, its not some saying you say after you sign a 4 year 90 million dollar contract. And they care their is always one to kids crying after a lost, the game means something to them not just another stop on a 182 game season.

Anyway i'm cheering for the Harlem team, their coach seems like a great teacher and how can you dislike the kid who thinks he is Sammy Sosa, he even talks like him in the beginning when they introduce themselves.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Fort Worth finally lost a game. 2-1 now but still looking good for the weekend.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:30 PM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the "kid" that shut 'em out???? A 5'9", 206 lb 12 year old!

First of all, he didn't look like he weighed 206 to me. Something tells me that's an intimidation-inspired listing. He looked more like 180 to me. Still, though, that's one big dude for that age. He's probably one of those kids that'll never grow another inch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Or he might have a future as a chunkier Mark Mulder or Randy Johnson. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 11:23 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Rhylan- he wasn't standing sideways when you looked at him.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That kid is beefy.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:40 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Well rats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . Ft worth loss tonight and are headed back home.

The game was amazing though. both pitchers had perfect games in the 6th. Game went 11(6 is regulation) innings but Ftworth gave up back to back home runs in the top of 11.

Old 08-22-2002, 12:42 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

That Kentucky pitcher was perfect through 9 innings. damn.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:03 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Best baseball game of the year by any team at any level.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:26 AM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Hard to argue. it is so fun watching those boys play ball. It breaks your heart to see the losing squad after the game. Watch a losing team after an mlb game. they don't care. These kids are emotionally exhausted and truly care. This is yet another reason why I will swear off mlb forever is they strike. They have lost the focus of the game.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:31 AM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I did not get to watch what happened at the end of the game. I am sure the Ft. Worth team had a couple of kids crying. No reason to. They played a great team and played great. They weren't supposed to get that far. They should be so proud of themselves. That Kelly kid pitched the game of his life (hell, he pitched the month of his life) and just happened to run into a kid that was bigger and stronger and also pitched the game of his life.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 10:13 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

They really weren't crying per se. One kid had tears in his eyes. The others had those blank stares of disbelief. They just wanted to win badly. It was great to watch them, but you could feel their pain. I hope those kids get another shot.

On another note...the handshake after the game is perfection.