Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-28-2003, 10:42 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default luck of the boys?? will they win??

you know it sucks that Dallas lost the Saints game, but is anyone else happy that Dallas matches up with Carolina now?. I didn't like the thought of Minny or GB, but DAllas has beat CArolina, so they should have some confidence. also, if they do win, they play Philly, who they have also beaten. SO how many of ya'll are actually very pleased with the way the bracket worked out.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: luck of the boys?? will they win??

This is definitely the best matchup that could happen for the boys. Carolina ain't all that. They remind me of the 2001 Bears....win alot of extremely close games and OT games. If the Boys stop the run and are able to get pressure on Delhomme then they will get the "rubber match" with the Iggles.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:37 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. This is the best matchup for the Cowboys. Dallas wins at Carolina. I am less confident after that, but will hope with all my heart for a Superbowl.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:luck of the boys?? will they win??

It's not like it's going to be easy--& luckily, the Boys have a coach who won't let them forget this--but no doubt, this is the best scenario for them. The way Favre is right now? No, thank you. At least w/Carolina, we played them relatively recently, there's some familiarity.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:19 AM   #5
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Cowboys will win. PArcells will have a long talk with Qcar again and the QB won't be throwing any picks.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:11 PM   #6
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Cowboys will win. PArcells will have a long talk with Qcar again and the QB won't be throwing any picks.
That will be the day. I hate to say that Carolina will beat us. The Carolina defense will totally shut down Hambrick and our running game (which isn't hard by the way) and Carter will end up throwing a couple of picks that will cost us the game. Plain and simple.

Carolina won't do much against our defense but you know Delhomme will throw up about 6 longs throws that will end up in atleast 2 PI calls that will put them in position to kick a few field goals..

Carolins wins....9-3

then Parcells will have the offseason to find us a real QB and RB..

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:40 PM   #7
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

lol, you homers. Carolina played their worst game of the year against dallas, at dallas, with a hurt davis and still barely lost. Carolina will win, book it.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:40 PM   #8
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

And as a Carolina fan, I am THRILLED with the matchup with the Boys
Old 12-29-2003, 04:03 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

You should be, but understand that Carolina was also the best matchup for us. These are the two worst teams in the playoffs.

Save for Ricky Williams, teams don't run the ball on Dallas and Davis has never really hurt us. Even with the Skins. I'm sure they'll do what they did last game and loft the ball up and hope Edwards draws a penalty (not a bad strategy).

Carolina's secondary is probably the weakest of the playoff teams and Terry cousins will have the same bulleye on him that Edwards has.

The way your team has looked since the Dallas game you really have no right to be cocky.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:41 PM   #10
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
You should be, but understand that Carolina was also the best matchup for us. These are the two worst teams in the playoffs.

Save for Ricky Williams, teams don't run the ball on Dallas and Davis has never really hurt us. Even with the Skins. I'm sure they'll do what they did last game and loft the ball up and hope Edwards draws a penalty (not a bad strategy).

Carolina's secondary is probably the weakest of the playoff teams and Terry cousins will have the same bulleye on him that Edwards has.

The way your team has looked since the Dallas game you really have no right to be cocky.
I am not cocky, and ps, Carolina has won two straight games while Dallas is coming in off a loss.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #11
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

why are you two even having this argument...both teams are going no where..neither Dallas nor Carolina will not be playing in the Super Bowl..that one you can mark down
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:22 PM   #12
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

I can't speak for the Boys, but I know carolina can at least win the NFC
Old 12-29-2003, 10:04 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not cocky, and ps, Carolina has won two straight games while Dallas is coming in off a loss.
They have played possibly the three worst teams in football to finish the season. Big Whoop. If you're a true Carolina fan, you know they haven't looked good.

Jake Delhome will not win three straight playoff games (with two on the road). Mark it down.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:14 PM   #14
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
They have played possibly the three worst teams in football to finish the season. Big Whoop. If you're a true Carolina fan, you know they haven't looked good.

Jake Delhome will not win three straight playoff games (with two on the road). Mark it down.
Jake Delhomme doesn't have to, that's why its a team game.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:15 PM   #15
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Oh, and we were 2-0 vs. those tricky Saints by the way.