Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #641
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

On the last play...a little pressure on the outside..could have stepped up into the pocket with ease, but he scrambled out for the TD. That's the difference. Your normal QB would step up into the pocket and still have more than enough time to get the ball off. VY is such a great runner that he can just go ahead and leave the pocket and run with the ball.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #642
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've ever seen one guy will his team to victory in the face of such adversity like he did tonight. Man, I don't want him to leave obviously. But if he does, I certainly understand it.

If he comes back, I think a large reason would be for the Heisman.

I, however, am selfish and just want another National Championship.

Hook em'! I'm going to sleep.

I heart Vince Young.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-05-2006 at 01:03 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #643
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
After reviewing the game, Male, you're still wrong.
Again, whatever... By the way, congratulations on reviewing the game in 10 minutes... You are quite talented...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #644
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's backing off right now about staying.... It's football, he really should leave and secure his future.

He's easily number 1 over bush for sure(running backs ARE not someone to build a team around) but QBACKS are. And Young has just put his stock into orbit. Both with his performance and the calmness he showed.

Leinart just hurt his stock as well a little bit. Folks will look at his comments after the game and think (at least I would) of some of the other top rated QBacks that couldn't handle the mental pressure.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:03 AM   #645
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
It was a little weird. There wasn't much in the way of endzone celebration. Even after the game VY just waived to crowd all by himself.
He just said in the post game interview that he wasn't worried about anything but the 2-point conversion just in case USC made a play and got a chance at a fg. Vince Young is just amazing, best college football player of all time? I certainly believe so.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #646
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the last play...a little pressure on the outside..could have stepped up into the pocket with ease, but he scrambled out for the TD. That's the difference. Your normal QB would step up into the pocket and still have more than enough time to get the ball off. VY is such a great runner that he can just go ahead and leave the pocket and run with the ball.
Wow... And all the time I thought I said the same thing... Let me get my comment... I will be right back...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #647
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, generally, I think you're right about the RB postion. But, I think Bush is a special runner....
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #648
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In all honesty, there's alot that I like about him more than Mike Vick. I think VY's the better runner, but doesn't have the arm strength. I can't imagine that Vick's calmer under pressure. Surely Vick can't be more of a leader. Plus, he's smaller and appears to be a little injury prone. Obviously Vick has the better throwing motion..is a better thrower at this point as well..
I don't know about Vicks arm strength but Vince seems to have plenty.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #649
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Dude, generally, I think you're right about the RB postion. But, I think Bush is a special runner....
Yea but one tackle and he's history and your pick is. I'd always take a QB if given a choice.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:05 AM   #650
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Wow... And all the time I thought I said the same thing... Let me get my comment... I will be right back...
I don't think that when a QB can easily step up into the pocket and throw a pass without being hurriedthat it counts as being pressured. It definitely doesn't when the NFL figures out how many pressures a player has.

But hey, you can continue on being confused if you'd like.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #651
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Whatever guys... Whatever... Texas rushed less guys and had the same amount of pressure that USC did with their different blitz packages... Both QBs were pressured the same amount but Leinart being pressured and making plays is far from Young being pressured and making plays... Young is so much better at moving with the ball and throwing on the run or running when the protection is too good...
Yeah that's right, here it is... Young is simply too good at running when the defense is rushing and he makes it look simple where any other QB would be sacked or pressured greatly...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #652
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I don't know about Vicks arm strength but Vince seems to have plenty.
I don't think that VY can make certain throws at the NFL level such as the deep out....
Old 01-05-2006, 01:07 AM   #653
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Yeah that's right, here it is... Young is simply too good at running when the defense is rushing and he makes it look simple where any other QB would be sacked or pressured greatly...
You're still confused. It doesn't count as a 'pressure' when the QB can easily step up into the pocket and still have time to throw.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:08 AM   #654
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't think that when a QB can easily step up into the pocket and throw a pass without being hurriedthat it counts as being pressured. It definitely doesn't when the NFL figures out how many pressures a player has.

But hey, you can continue on being confused if you'd like.
EDITED - Trying to be nice!!! The abilities of a QB has NOTHING TO DO with the pressure of a defense... That is all on the QB for making plays...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 01-05-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #655
dude1394
Guru

Leinarts new trophy... Heh..

Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #656
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Murph... It was not EASY for VY to step up and move around... Leinart could not have done it and that is my point... Young is special and could easily move out of dangers way. The pressure was the same, you simply had more talent moving in the pocket with Young vs. Leinart.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #657
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

vince effing young.

you are the freakin man.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #658
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
vince effing young.

you are the freakin man.
WOOT!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #659
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Well then your an idiot... You have been for a long time, but I am just calling you out on it now... The abilities of a QB has NOTHING TO DO with the pressure of a defense... That is all on the QB for making plays...
You're still confused. I've repeatedly said that any QB could step up in the pocket when the rusher was coming from the outside like that.

Get back with me when you get that part...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #660
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations Texas fans!
Im an Arizona State fan, so I was kinda pulling for SC because they are in the Pac-10 but I wont be losing any sleep over it. What a bowl season though! Every game was incredibly entertaining.

SC didnt run good plays for Bush. There obviously was holes to be run through between the tackles but they kept running sweeps and off-tackle plays for Bush and White got the inside stuff. Bush was incredibly under-used tonight.
There is going to be a ton of second guessing for that USC coaching staff, their play calling tonight was way off.
Vince Young throws like Uncle Rico in Napolean Dynamite.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #661
Murphy3
Guru

Well, I just watched the game again and you're still wrong Dan.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:14 AM   #662
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, I just watched the game again and you're still wrong Dan.
Once more, congratulations on watching the game in 10 minutes... Moron!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #663
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
Vince Young throws like Uncle Rico in Napolean Dynamite.
Hilarious!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #664
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is going to be a ton of second guessing for that USC coaching staff, their play calling tonight was way off.
How so...they scored touchdowns the first four times that they touched the ball in the 2nd half. You can always 2nd guess a loss but I thought they did a good job of keeping the defense off balance.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #665
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Murph... It was not EASY for VY to step up and move around... Leinart could not have done it and that is my point... Young is special and could easily move out of dangers way. The pressure was the same, you simply had more talent moving in the pocket with Young vs. Leinart.
It was easy for Vince Young, but if any other qb was in that position he would have gotten hit quite a bit. USC just couldn't bring VY down, you could tell the USC players had fear in their eyes since they couldn't figure out what Vincredible would do next.

Vince Young is out of this planet, he can run like Vick but with a bigger frame, and he can actually pass pretty well. Than you throw in the fact he can carry a team on his back when all hope looks lost and pull out a victory, you've got something really special that this world hasn't seen before. VY is a freak!!!!

#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #666
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
It was easy for Vince Young, but if any other qb was in that position he would have gotten hit quite a bit.
No he wouldn't have. Not behind the line of scrimmage and in the pocket.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-05-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #667
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1MavsFan
It was easy for Vince Young, but if any other qb was in that position he would have gotten hit quite a bit. USC just couldn't bring VY down, you could tell the USC players had fear in their eyes since they couldn't figure out what Vincredible would do next.

Vince Young is out of this planet, he can run like Vick but with a bigger frame, and he can actually pass pretty well. Than you throw in the fact he can carry a team on his back when all hope looks lost and pull out a victory, you've got something really special that this world hasn't seen before. VY is a freak!!!!

Exactly!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:20 AM   #668
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
No he wouldn't have. Not behind the line of scrimmage and in the pocket.
What is that you normally say when you are being a #%$#%$... Oh yes, YOU ARE WRONG!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:20 AM   #669
Murphy3
Guru

hmm...amazing, after watching the highlights on ESPN for the millionth time, not one time did they have anything that you'd call 'pressure'.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:22 AM   #670
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
hmm...amazing, after watching the highlights on ESPN for the millionth time, not one time did they have anything that you'd call 'pressure'.
Maybe you have the volume down then so you can hear your self-made tapes claiming your supremacy over the world...

It was when VY was being interviewed...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #671
Murphy3
Guru

Interesting enough... on the non-fumble call, just heard that the college rule is that you must have possession and make a football move. Obviously, the UT receiver did not make a football move.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #672
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Interesting enough... on the non-fumble call, just heard that the college rule is that you must have possession and make a football move. Obviously, the UT receiver did not make a football move.
Your first accurate comment in an hour.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #673
Murphy3
Guru

wow...what a terrible spot on that 4th and short that USC went for on their next to final drive.. He wasn't close to getting a first down.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:25 AM   #674
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Yea heard that too. But I still call that one a fumble. But what's interesting in all of the highlights no review at all of the interception that obviously was.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:28 AM   #675
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Yea heard that too. But I still call that one a fumble. But what's interesting in all of the highlights no review at all of the interception that obviously was.
Well, there definitely wasn't a football move on the 'fumble', so by rule it can't be a fumble.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:29 AM   #676
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
That interception wasn't even CLOSE... You are down when you fall, and he had COMPLETE control when he fell...

The fumble that was called a dropped pass was up for grabs, but the pick was a DEFINITE pick...
Old 01-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #677
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well, there definitely wasn't a football move on the 'fumble', so by rule it can't be a fumble.
You may have to define "football" move for me. I could interpret that as a turned head a quarter of an inch.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #678
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I have just re-reviewed the entire fourth quarter of the game and would like to confirm that Vince is a total bad ass

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #679
dude1394
Guru

Lucky for Leinart...Sportscenter is editing out his classless comments. He can only hope they are forgotten.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #680
Murphy3
Guru

Dude, from what I've gathered in the NFL, you're usually talking about a step of some kind or ducking to avoid a tackle.. something of that capacity.

I'm trying to verify that the 'football move' is indeed the rule...

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-05-2006 at 01:42 AM.