Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Also, I changed the title from "Random" to "Official" since there's nothing random about Dirk's greatness.
Sniff, sniff... My child has grown up. Sniff..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sniff, sniff... My child has grown up. Sniff..
Should've been done a long time ago...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously, as 5-0 pointed out, the more you shoot, the less likely you are to have a statistical outlier. The more you shoot, the better chance that you're stats will reflect your actual ability at the line. If Dirk shot 1 ft in a game and missed and had a 0% FT% and Shaq shot 1 FT in a game and made it leaving him with at 100%, obviously no one would think that Shaq is actually the better FT shooter.

Last edited by Murphy3; 04-14-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Who is this Roberts fella and does he shoot game winning free throws?

And why is my child off the rails again?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-13-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

nice read...

Quote:
Although the prestigious moment is many years away, some Basketball Hall of Fame members can’t wait until the day when Dirk Nowitzki is enshrined into their exclusive club

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/04...#storylink=cpy
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
nice read...
Very nice thanks...
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #7
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

nice read...

Quote:
Although the prestigious moment is many years away, some Basketball Hall of Fame members can’t wait until the day when Dirk Nowitzki is enshrined into their exclusive club

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/04...#storylink=cpy
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Acknowledging the greatness of Dirk, better belated than never.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Nash felt like he wasn't cheering for Dirk? Odd way to phrase something.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:10 PM   #11
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't see anything wrong with that. If you are hugely disappointed it's easy to not care about anything.

I think the whole interview feels like Nash regrets the decision to not sign with the Mavs for whatever reason and Dirk is just too nice to say, "Idiot, why didn't you sign with the Mavs, we would have won several championships together."

Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
dongtouch

dongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I don't see anything wrong with that. If you are hugely disappointed it's easy to not care about anything.

I think the whole interview feels like Nash regrets the decision to not sign with the Mavs for whatever reason and Dirk is just too nice to say, "Idiot, why didn't you sign with the Mavs, we would have won several championships together."
Honestly I don't think had Nash stayed they would've won championships together. If Nash stayed I don't think Terry and/or Kidd would've come and Chandler I don't know would be able to come. They wouldn't have gotten past the Spurs or the Heat those two years.
Of course there'd be different players in their places but the whole scheme would be different. At least it wouldn't be a great defensive team with Nash at the point, just like it was all those years or it is currently with Calderon at pg. Only way Nash excelled was to play run-and-gun which didn't fit Dirk's style. I hate to say because I really like Nash, being a Canadian, but it worked out best for them to be apart.
dongtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongtouch View Post
Honestly I don't think had Nash stayed they would've won championships together. If Nash stayed I don't think Terry and/or Kidd would've come and Chandler I don't know would be able to come. They wouldn't have gotten past the Spurs or the Heat those two years.
Of course there'd be different players in their places but the whole scheme would be different. At least it wouldn't be a great defensive team with Nash at the point, just like it was all those years or it is currently with Calderon at pg. Only way Nash excelled was to play run-and-gun which didn't fit Dirk's style. I hate to say because I really like Nash, being a Canadian, but it worked out best for them to be apart.
I for one definitely think they would have. Obviously Cuban/Donnie would have had to get a defensive minded 2/3/5 on the team. But I see no reason a Nash/dirk led team wouldn't have won it all.

They would have had to get rid of Nellie for sure. And hopefully not hire the idiot Avery but that's another story. So many moving parts if Nash didn't leave.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #14
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I for one definitely think they would have. Obviously Cuban/Donnie would have had to get a defensive minded 2/3/5 on the team. But I see no reason a Nash/dirk led team wouldn't have won it all.

They would have had to get rid of Nellie for sure. And hopefully not hire the idiot Avery but that's another story. So many moving parts if Nash didn't leave.
I think they would have won a title or two together. They just needed some better role players and a legit center. Over the last 15 yrs or so, the only great (mostly because he played so well together with Dirk) center we had was Chandler, and he was probably too good for us so we had to let him go (jeez, I still can't believe we didn't keep him.)

Tyson Chandler was the perfect fit.

Better than:

Calvin Booth
Shawn Bradley
Samuel Dalembert
Erick Dampier
DeSagana Diop
Evan Eschmeyer
Brendan Haywood
Ryan Hollins
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga
Bernard James
Chris Kaman
Ian Mahinmi
Wang Zhizhi

Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #16
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Nash really didn't have much of a choice. Cuban made it pretty clear that he was done with Nash.
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #17
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Nash really didn't have much of a choice. Cuban made it pretty clear that he was done with Nash.
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproxursoxoff View Post
If i remember right Cuban wanted to give him the 4y contract, he just didnt want to add the guaranteed 5th year like thr Suns did...

And of course he knows it was the wrong decision...he said it, Dirk went two times to the finals without him and won the damn thing. And Cuban would have paid him on the next contract in 2008.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-18-2014 at 10:35 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Also sounds like Nash is more sure than Dirk that they would have won it if they stayed together.

Dirk mentions how perfect PHX was for Nash...and he knows how integral Kidd was to the win in 11/12.

Dirk got his, and Nash clearly looks back with regrets. Its cool to see them both being so transparent. I enjoyed seeing Dirk be a serious adult having a serious conversation w a friend.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Also sounds like Nash is more sure than Dirk that they would have won it if they stayed together.

Dirk mentions how perfect PHX was for Nash...and he knows how integral Kidd was to the win in 11/12.

Dirk got his, and Nash clearly looks back with regrets. Its cool to see them both being so transparent. I enjoyed seeing Dirk be a serious adult having a serious conversation w a friend.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #21
dude1394
Guru

Dirk is aware of a camera I expect. He is also very thoughtful and honest in his answers. He doesn't know how it would have worked and Phoenix was perfect for Nash.

I also could see him not allowing himself or Nash to have regrets about their career and decisions. Of course the dirkster got his so it's easier for him to not play what if.

I was a little surprised to not see dirk more supportive of Steve continuing to try. It does give some insight into when he will hang it up I think. When he spends half of his time rehabbing, he's gone.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Dirk is aware of a camera I expect. He is also very thoughtful and honest in his answers. He doesn't know how it would have worked and Phoenix was perfect for Nash.

I also could see him not allowing himself or Nash to have regrets about their career and decisions. Of course the dirkster got his so it's easier for him to not play what if.

I was a little surprised to not see dirk more supportive of Steve continuing to try. It does give some insight into when he will hang it up I think. When he spends half of his time rehabbing, he's gone.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Nash is in part looking back and realizing that money isn't everything...
Old 04-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

I'm sure Nash is in part looking back and realizing that money isn't everything...
Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #25
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN Dallas will have Dirk week this week.

I spoke with Dirk last week for 30 minutes, covering parts of his past, present and future. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #26
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk Week:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ne-on-one-2014
Old 04-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #28
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I've walked in those shoes before - not to that scale for sure - but I've learned that the hard way. Nash is still one of my favorite players. Kind of sad seeing him limping to the finish line.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I've walked in those shoes before - not to that scale for sure - but I've learned that the hard.
No kidding - your ego heals quicker than poor life decisions based solely on money.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I've walked in those shoes before - not to that scale for sure - but I've learned that the hard way. Nash is still one of my favorite players. Kind of sad seeing him limping to the finish line.
Yep, I was offered 200k more a year to take a similar job in New York earlier this year. My response was that they basically couldn't pay me enough money to make the move.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #31
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

dbl post.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Pretty sweet that Dirk makes number 14 on this list of things you have to explain to out-of-towners about Dallas...

14. We are obsessed with a German guy
No, not Hasselhoff. He’s a certain 7-footer who bested LeBron and briefly made us less sad about the Cowboys.

http://www.thrillist.com/entertainme...s-about-dallas

Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #33
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was the winner of the 2014 Magic Johnson award. Another reason Dirk is great.

http://www.mavs.com/nowitzki-wins-ma...n=mavs_article
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Dirk was the winner of the 2014 Magic Johnson award. Another reason Dirk is great.

http://www.mavs.com/nowitzki-wins-ma...n=mavs_article
Padding out his legacy, both on and off the court...

Old 05-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #35
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Padding out his legacy, both on and off the court...
Why did it take so long? It's not like Dirk has been different this season.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #36
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

dbl post

Last edited by BPo001; 04-25-2014 at 11:45 AM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #37
Underdog

As if there was any doubt...

Quote:
Nowitzki: No plans to leave Dallas

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki reiterated Saturday that he's not leaving Dallas and trusts that owner Mark Cuban and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson will do what they can this summer to improve the team.

Nowitzki, fresh off vacation, also admitted that he's having trouble getting past the team's first-round exit from the playoffs. The Mavericks lost to the San Antonio Spurs in seven games. The Spurs are in the Western Conference finals against the Oklahoma City Thunder. That series is slated to start Monday.

"Game 7 was tough," said Nowitzki, who was at Globe Life Park in Arlington as part of a ceremony honoring former Texas Rangers infielder Michael Young. "We had a shot to beat the No. 1 seed, so the whole series goes through your head, even on vacation."

Nowitzki, 35, said he hasn't worked out a new deal with the Mavericks yet, but believes that will come once the offseason fully arrives. He's a free agent and has said in the past that he would sign a two- or three-year deal at a reduced salary.

"Like I always said, it wouldn't even feel right if I played somewhere else," Nowitzki said. "We'll get together at some point and talk about the future and see what we've got going. It hasn't gotten to that point yet."

Nowitzki said he isn't satisfied with how the season ended for the Mavericks.

"It was nice to make the playoffs, but that's not up to our standards, especially after we won it couple of years ago. We're looking to make the team better and act accordingly."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks

Last edited by Underdog; 05-19-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #38
Underdog

Players vote Nowitzki 3rd in Teammate of the Year

Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #39
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

small note in a grantland story about Chris Bosh was this little nugget.....

Of 67 NBA players who attempted at least 300 midrange shots this season, these are the top three in efficiency:

1. Dirk Nowitzki: 50 percent
2. Stephen Curry: 49 percent
3. Chris Bosh: 48 percent

And while Nowitzki and Curry enjoy reputations as elite shooters, many people still don’t realize just how reliable Bosh is as well. He takes a lot of pride in his jumper. He’s near the top of that midrange list every year, and he wishes he were at the very top of it.

“I’m mad I’m not number one. Dirk is tough, man.”

http://grantland.com/features/chris-...areer-scoring/

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 05-29-2014 at 06:52 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
small note in a grantland story about Chris Bosh was this little nugget.....

Of 67 NBA players who attempted at least 300 midrange shots this season, these are the top three in efficiency:

1. Dirk Nowitzki: 50 percent
2. Stephen Curry: 49 percent
3. Chris Bosh: 48 percent

And while Nowitzki and Curry enjoy reputations as elite shooters, many people still don’t realize just how reliable Bosh is as well. He takes a lot of pride in his jumper. He’s near the top of that midrange list every year, and he wishes he were at the very top of it.

“I’m mad I’m not number one. Dirk is tough, man.”

http://grantland.com/features/chris-...areer-scoring/
Dirk would shoot about 58% from mid-range if he got Bosh's open looks
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer